Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 One-Shots in Faerūn
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Diaz Ex Machina
Acolyte

Italy
3 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2023 :  11:36:24  Show Profile Send Diaz Ex Machina a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Greetings everyone,
I'm looking for some good short adventures for low level characters, some that could possibly be converted to the Pathfinder First Edition ruleset.
I'm trying to get back into TTRPGs and the Realms, and would like to start with something that doesn't require too much work, and short adventures are great both to test my ability to stick to this project and to find the right people to play with.
Thank you in advance for your help and time.

PS: I hope this is the right place to post this thread, if not let me know so I can delete it and post it in the appropriate category.

Life's a stage, I'm the Prima Donna, you're my fans.

Delnyn
Senior Scribe

USA
872 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2023 :  16:29:51  Show Profile Send Delnyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Would you consider The Sunless Citadel? It's a 3.0 ed module in the Generic D&D Setting. That should not be too hard to convert to PF 1e.
Go to Top of Page

Diaz Ex Machina
Acolyte

Italy
3 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2023 :  17:46:55  Show Profile Send Diaz Ex Machina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delnyn

Would you consider The Sunless Citadel? It's a 3.0 ed module in the Generic D&D Setting. That should not be too hard to convert to PF 1e.



That was my first choice actually, but I was looking for something even shorter, possibly, like a very basic one-shot with 2-3 encounters, a bit of role-play, not much. I need something to test out my ability to dedicate my time to a PbP table, so I need something easy and quick to play.

Life's a stage, I'm the Prima Donna, you're my fans.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6624 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2023 :  01:57:12  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ed has created two mini-adventures for the Realms back in the 2E days: "The Whistling Skeleton" from Dragon #200 and "Irongard" from Dungeon #18. Both are useful and Realmsy.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4425 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2023 :  10:23:52  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Back in the day, WotC had a bunch of free adventures you could download. The site here: Bothgunsblazing retained some of them, including two 1st level adventures that can really placed anywhere in the Realms. They're 3.5 so converting the monsters should be a sinch.
Go to Top of Page

Diaz Ex Machina
Acolyte

Italy
3 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2023 :  10:26:09  Show Profile Send Diaz Ex Machina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diffan

Back in the day, WotC had a bunch of free adventures you could download. The site here: Bothgunsblazing retained some of them, including two 1st level adventures that can really placed anywhere in the Realms. They're 3.5 so converting the monsters should be a sinch.



Thanks for this, I thought this material was lost when WotC pulled the plug on its old archives for 3.X.

Life's a stage, I'm the Prima Donna, you're my fans.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4425 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2023 :  11:14:40  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diaz Ex Machina

quote:
Originally posted by Diffan

Back in the day, WotC had a bunch of free adventures you could download. The site here: Bothgunsblazing retained some of them, including two 1st level adventures that can really placed anywhere in the Realms. They're 3.5 so converting the monsters should be a sinch.



Thanks for this, I thought this material was lost when WotC pulled the plug on its old archives for 3.X.



You're welcome! Yeah, they did pull the plug on all the old resources from 3e days, which is a huge bummer but there's still some places that can be used to get such once-free things. I wish this site had all of them, but there's still a decent collection and Google is free for the ones not on the list.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000