Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Clack request
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Italian Archmage Karsus
Learned Scribe

118 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2022 :  02:14:21  Show Profile Send Italian Archmage Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello,

there was this clack I seem to recall from somewhere- or maybe it was a horny fever dream of mine and didn't actually happen? I remember it being in a collection of short things, probably a clack, and I remember seeing it online a long, long time ago, but little else. For all I know it wasn't Realmsian, or a clack.

I recall someone bringing back home a feminine statue of a black material. I think it was a nobleman, and maybe it was from Halruaa or from a ruin. Anyway, the construct was later tested in battle, I don't remember if against golems or against mercs, but it exceeded expectations during the fight.
I thank anyone who may have some information about it.

Azar
Master of Realmslore

1298 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2022 :  02:48:08  Show Profile Send Azar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
...clack?

Stand with anybody that stands right. Stand with him while he is right and part with him when he goes wrong.

Earth names in the Realms are more common than you may think.
Go to Top of Page

Demzer
Senior Scribe

873 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2022 :  14:28:58  Show Profile Send Demzer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Italian Archmage Karsus

Hello,

there was this clack I seem to recall from somewhere- or maybe it was a horny fever dream of mine and didn't actually happen? I remember it being in a collection of short things, probably a clack, and I remember seeing it online a long, long time ago, but little else. For all I know it wasn't Realmsian, or a clack.

I recall someone bringing back home a feminine statue of a black material. I think it was a nobleman, and maybe it was from Halruaa or from a ruin. Anyway, the construct was later tested in battle, I don't remember if against golems or against mercs, but it exceeded expectations during the fight.
I thank anyone who may have some information about it.

I don't have time to dig into the material for the specifics but it was a "Current clack" entry from 2E sources or from the "Eye on the Realms" articles. If I remember correctly, it's about a prince/lord of Lapaliya bringing the statue home from a black-dragon-dominated world and later finding out it can be animated. Actually might have been a few consecutive "Current clack" entries.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2022 :  15:34:43  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That clack was originally published in Ed's Elminster's Everwinking Eye article in Polyhedron #64 - "Daily Life in Mulmaster".

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

paintphob
Acolyte

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2022 :  16:19:26  Show Profile Send paintphob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Azar

...clack?

Rumors.
Some of the products and articles that dealt with a location would have a section on Current Clack. This was 'current' news and rumors that the DM could use as hooks. Some were expanded upon, but most were not.
Go to Top of Page

Demzer
Senior Scribe

873 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2022 :  19:50:34  Show Profile Send Demzer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

That clack was originally published in Ed's Elminster's Everwinking Eye article in Polyhedron #64 - "Daily Life in Mulmaster".

-- George Krashos

There you go, thanks George! I had the wrong "Eye" series of articles.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2022 :  03:34:24  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paintphob

quote:
Originally posted by Azar

...clack?

Rumors.
Some of the products and articles that dealt with a location would have a section on Current Clack. This was 'current' news and rumors that the DM could use as hooks. Some were expanded upon, but most were not.

It was a thing in a lot of 1E and 2E FR products, and it's one of many things that I wish they still did.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000