Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Corrant
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

EricMinde
Seeker

Canada
97 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2022 :  15:59:56  Show Profile Send EricMinde a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
The ruined city, about a Km across. A almost 6,000 year old well-planned balance of eroded, aquatic stone ruins to overgrown wide tracts of water marsh. Now back above water for 100 years in a wet, Naga filled area.

I'm having a really hard time visualizing this.

• There's the original layout to think of
  • How much would have initially toppled in the Tsunami
  • How much erosion occurs with 'white stone' over 6,000 years
  • How much is reclaimed by nature
  • How much has been rebuilt in the last 1,000 years by water creatures
  • How much has been reclaimed by Naga
  • How much of the city is above ground
  • is it hidden under a layer of sphagnum mat
  • Is it still an aquatic environment
  • Is it burried or half burried or half submerged
  • What survives 6,000 years
  • How do I manage the wild psionic zones

"When you understand the impossible, it changes to improbable and that means there's a chance!"

~Baroth Quagmire, built an orphanage, grew a castle in his friends home, the home did not survive the birth. Died three times and fought his way out of hell. Only player I've ever seen roll three 1% in a row.

Edited by - EricMinde on 29 Aug 2022 16:17:47

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2022 :  18:52:05  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Where is this place? Where is it written about? Need more info if we're going to try to assist.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6351 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2022 :  19:27:51  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Corrant I believe is one of the cities of the sword of ancient Jhaamdath.

So depending upon its location it would have been hit with a tsunami first. That should destroy most small buildings and cover everything in silt and dirt.

Presumably there was a shelf collapse that caused it to sink below the water for several thousand years. That combined with the tsunami should have left all but the largest buildings covered by mud and debris and silt and so largely untouched.

Personally I would have the city be nothing but a few large buildings (everything else was obliterated by the tsunami). These buildings should still be buried in mud so only the top level of the buildings would be visible unless dug out of the mud.

Given that its 4e / 5e lore that the city is back you dont need to pay much attention to detail and could literally do anything you want with it.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

EricMinde
Seeker

Canada
97 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2022 :  20:26:43  Show Profile Send EricMinde a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Where is this place? Where is it written about? Need more info if we're going to try to assist.

Sespech/Winterwood/Nagaflow https://imgur.com/a/xDIB5ap

Going with the majority of sources, It was the 11th city out of the 12 and the Udoxia is that of Psychometabolism (every Udoxia after the 6th only has 1 sub-discipline, magic items made in that city reflect the powers of the Udoxia, Corrant is credited for Nimblestep blades. There would be Wild Psionic zones in the area if anything like that is mentioned in any adventures based in the region.

On land for roughly 4500 years, submerged for roughly 1500 years and back above water for about 100 years give or take a 1000 here or there. Protected from intrusion by Nagas of all kinds, specifically Guardian Naga.

The area would be marsh land and has been for quite some time.

"When you understand the impossible, it changes to improbable and that means there's a chance!"

~Baroth Quagmire, built an orphanage, grew a castle in his friends home, the home did not survive the birth. Died three times and fought his way out of hell. Only player I've ever seen roll three 1% in a row.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000