Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Warforged God
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2021 :  02:54:54  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zeromaru X

quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

Bear in mind, Alias WAS mass produced. We don't know how many were made. That being said, it was nowhere near the scale of the warforged. Just mentioning it, because she's "not unique" per se.

I know, her sisters. But, as you said, her mass production was limited. I don't think there are even 100 Alias out there, and I'm being optimist. While warforged are mass produced at industrial levels, and there are thousands of them, even after the losses of the Last War.

And Alias' mass production was "expensive". As in, you need a lot of "unique stuff" to make an Alias. Like, even a god (Moander) was involved in the creation of Alias and her sisters. While the warforged don't need a god blessing, just the ingenuity of a bunch of wizards and artificers.

There were thirteen of them. Alias was crafted by the entire group working together, and Phalse made 12 copies of the original.

From my notes, references scattered across the trilogy list the copies as:

a Mulhorandi warrior
one from the far north
a Waterdhavian courtesan (who is likely the one later described as a "lady of some power in Waterdeep")
a Moonshae druid
an eastern warrior
a cleric of Tymora (assumably, but not necessarily, Zhara)
a sage in Candlekeep
Cat of Ordulin, the mage in Immersea
Jade More, the murdered thief

That leaves three that were never described.

I ran with the Waterdhavian one, making her a psionicist and marrying her to my psionic Lord of Waterdeep.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11701 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2021 :  14:42:54  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zeromaru X

quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

Bear in mind, Alias WAS mass produced. We don't know how many were made. That being said, it was nowhere near the scale of the warforged. Just mentioning it, because she's "not unique" per se.

I know, her sisters. But, as you said, her mass production was limited. I don't think there are even 100 Alias out there, and I'm being optimist. While warforged are mass produced at industrial levels, and there are thousands of them, even after the losses of the Last War.

And Alias' mass production was "expensive". As in, you need a lot of "unique stuff" to make an Alias. Like, even a god (Moander) was involved in the creation of Alias and her sisters. While the warforged don't need a god blessing, just the ingenuity of a bunch of wizards and artificers.

Also, aren't magen "non-living" magical constructs?

the ones I (homebrew for DM's Guild) recently made aren't, but they're a special PC race I created. That being said, the ones I created are essentially a "recycled" soul in a new shell (which for all we know is what a warforged is btw). Getting myself crossed back and forth in these discussions as people bring things up, as I've done a lot of work personally on intelligent items, free willed constructs, etc...

Dark thought for just a moment.... could the "big blast" of the mourning have been a harvesting of new souls for warforged?

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000