Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Richard Baker says some interesting stuff
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2004 :  06:41:38  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
"I can talk about Complete Arcane a little, I think.

Are there good FR-ish prestige classes, etc.? Certainly yes, there are scads. But I'll temper that remark by saying that in my opinion, you can raid 90%+ of any core D&D supplement for your FR campaign and find good places for that stuff to go. A specific example: I designed the Master Transmogrifist for the PGtoF, but we didn't have space for it in that book, and it's ended up in Complete Arcane, where it fits just fine. And the Wild Mage prestige class sure looks good in FR, too.

RE: The fiend lords/etc., it'll be a 2005 product; that's all I can really say now. I think it's not in the first trimester, so it's a bit of a wait. I know we're including B-G and some of the Elder Evils like Kezef. Eric Boyd's writing up some folks like Eltab, too. Plus, I've also got a BBEG who's a major player in my "Last Mythal" trilogy who should appear.

By the way, I'm delighted that Bazim-Gorag is sticking around in your game. Makes me feel appreciated."

Complete Arcane might be worthing getting just for the Wild Mage PRC

Also be very interested in knowing what sort of book Eric and Rich are working on

Theyve mentioned alot of outsiders. Bazim-Gorag, Eltab and Kezef

<open Wild Speculation>

Id say this product is either

A) A new FR monster manual (if so awesome, I love the "In the realms section that MoF" had)

B) An "FR manual of the planes"

Im hoping that in either of these books that they include Deity specfic Outsiders ie like those Mykrul had in the Waterdeep module

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36794 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2004 :  07:24:31  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am quite eager to see the return of the Wild Mage! I loved wild mages from the old Tome of Magic, and my DM took particular delight in wild surges...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2004 :  18:00:49  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They didn't have space for another PrC?

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2004 :  19:02:27  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

They didn't have space for another PrC?

Yeah, I had to look outside to make sure pigs weren't flying after reading that comment.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31716 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2004 :  02:59:34  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Where did you pick this up from Dargoth?.

I noticed that the EN World site had a little more information. I'll try and track it down.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2004 :  03:45:03  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Where did you pick this up from Dargoth?.

I noticed that the EN World site had a little more information. I'll try and track it down.

The WOTC FR boards in the Ask the game designer's thread, last page or second to last page.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31716 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2004 :  15:11:54  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's okay, I'd find the source myself anyway, but thanks Kuje . Looking over the data that I found though, they both pretty much say the same thing, it's just that the EN World contained different wording.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000