Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 FR in recent Dragon magazines?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2004 :  20:43:00  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm... is that so? Oh well then, I cannot wait to see anything FR make it to the pages of Dungeon then... Come to think of it, nice FR adventures would be nice (we already have tons of 3.0/3.5 supplements for the crunch...)
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2004 :  22:25:43  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

For those interested, the Editor in Chief for Dragon Magazine is asking "Why don't you buy Dragon Magazine?" in the following ENWorld thread:

ENWorld thread

Any FR fans who aren't buying it because of a lack of Realms material can give input.

Ive done my part...... Why havent the rest of you Scribes gone over there and pushed the FR cause!

*Casts Mystic Lash*

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2004 :  22:58:16  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm going over to toss in my two cents right now...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2004 :  02:10:28  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

For those interested, the Editor in Chief for Dragon Magazine is asking "Why don't you buy Dragon Magazine?" in the following ENWorld thread:

ENWorld thread

Any FR fans who aren't buying it because of a lack of Realms material can give input.

Ive done my part...... Why havent the rest of you Scribes gone over there and pushed the FR cause!

*Casts Mystic Lash*

Indeed. Consider it done .

It shouldn't surprise anyone here that this is about the tenth forum thread that I've seen dealing with this subject topic. It appears as though Mr. Mona is really making the rounds with this...

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6662 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2004 :  04:17:12  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I've added my 2 cp as well. I think we may see a turnaround with Erik at the helm - his predecessor was most disinterested in any FR content for DRAGON. Adios to him I say.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2004 :  06:47:39  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Well, I've added my 2 cp as well. I think we may see a turnaround with Erik at the helm - his predecessor was most disinterested in any FR content for DRAGON. Adios to him I say.

-- George Krashos

I certainly hope so . I'm beginning to miss my monthly dose of Dragon. I mean, it's only been a six months since I cancelled my subscription, but still, if more FR content (and it should be noted here that I'm talking about Realms-specific fluff, and not just stats as has been heavily illustrated in the past) were to be included, I'd consider re-newing my subscription just on that basis alone.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2004 :  14:47:28  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage
It shouldn't surprise anyone here that this is about the tenth forum thread that I've seen dealing with this subject topic. It appears as though Mr. Mona is really making the rounds with this...

But, he still has not come here...

I told you scribes that some of you were too caustic.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2004 :  17:42:33  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The contents for Dragon #327 have been posted and include the following:

quote:

The Silverfish
by Richard Lee Byers
Richard Lee Byers, author of several Forgotten Realms novels, presents a stirring short story involving characters from The Rite, second book in the Year of the Rogue Dragons series.

Go to Top of Page

Mystery_Man
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2004 :  13:57:38  Show Profile  Visit Mystery_Man's Homepage Send Mystery_Man a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

-- George Krashos

Erik Mona is all about Greyhawk so I doubt it. I do not buy Dragon and haven't for about 2 years. Mostly because I'm a DM and most Dragon content is for players and lately it has become really what most say "tongue in cheek" as Eberron magazine.

I do buy Dungeon, and I did post a question to Erik on his Dungeon mag boards reagarding when we would see more FR adventures and he graciously answered here. It seems we're going to see a few more in the future by Eric Boyd and Skip Williams.

Edited by - Alaundo on 07 Dec 2004 14:30:27
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2004 :  14:32:55  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Thank ye, Elf_Friend, for bringing this scroll over to the library. 'tis indeed splendid news

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Capn Charlie
Senior Scribe

USA
418 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2004 :  15:03:45  Show Profile  Visit Capn Charlie's Homepage Send Capn Charlie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have gotten a lot of play out of Dragon. While at fisrt glance it may seem to be for players, many of those kind of articles are instead for CHARACTERS, a definite difference. My players tend to play one character for, well, years. I as DM need to be constantly be making new ones, so I can use all of the nifty new ideas and character options I can get. Which I also enjoy just reading.

And for every FR fan you showed me, I could probably find one that despises the realms. That's the nature of things, I supose, the magazine is for the game in general, not a single setting.

Shadows of War: Tales of a Mercenary

My first stab at realms fiction, here at candlekeep. Stop on by and tell me what you think.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000