Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Getting Rashemen just right
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Herr Doktor
Seeker

52 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2004 :  02:14:33  Show Profile  Visit Herr Doktor's Homepage Send Herr Doktor a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
My most recent of several short campaigns has begun in Rashemen. I've the Unapproachable East, and the entry for Rashemi humans in Races of Faerūn, so I've gathered the basics.

I'm looking for hints and tips on how to really bring Rashemen to life. If you can offer any sort of advice as to how I may do this, please dispense it here!

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2004 :  02:35:09  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Herr Doktor
I'm looking for hints and tips on how to really bring Rashemen to life. If you can offer any sort of advice as to how I may do this, please dispense it here!

Have you checked out Elaine Cunningham's fine work, Windwalker? A good part of the novel is set in Rashemen.
Go to Top of Page

Herr Doktor
Seeker

52 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2004 :  02:54:34  Show Profile  Visit Herr Doktor's Homepage Send Herr Doktor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, I haven't. One of my players has it, but I'm just finishing up Hand of Fire right now and next I've got to start reading War of the Spider Queen.

I haven't read any of Elaine's books as of yet, though I believe I read a short story of hers in Realms of Shadow.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2004 :  03:55:34  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Herr Doktor

No, I haven't. One of my players has it, but I'm just finishing up Hand of Fire right now and next I've got to start reading War of the Spider Queen.

To my knowledge, it's out in paperback this month if you want to pick it up at a reasonable price to use as a reference source.
Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2004 :  05:18:49  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wasn't there a 2nd Edition sourcebook that had a special section detailing life in Rashemen?.

"Once upon a time the plural of 'wizard' was 'war'." -- The Last Continent, by Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36794 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2004 :  05:43:38  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Kazandra

Wasn't there a 2nd Edition sourcebook that had a special section detailing life in Rashemen?.

As I recall, the Spellbound boxed set covered this...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2004 :  17:49:26  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As does the 3e Unapproachable East.
For a little more flavor, look at Russian/Finnish/Baltic folklore, these RL regions seem to have a lot in common with Rashemen.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000