Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Faerun map with pins - HELP?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

orhansumen
Acolyte

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2016 :  20:59:03  Show Profile Send orhansumen a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm running a Forgotten Realms game on roll20. The game has been going on for years now and the map page we have is filled with notes and drawings and doesn't look neat at all.

So I have been DYING to find a way to just put pins on the Faerun map, so the players can just hover over and read "where the Black network headquarters are" etc.

A website called Scabard has the exact thing I want, you can see it here on the map section. https://www.scabard.com/page/Pricing
But unfortunately this is $40/year, which I can't justify paying so I can put a couple of pins on a map.

THERE MUST BE AN EASY, FREE WAY TO DO THIS. And if the answer is not between the walls of Candlekeep, it's nowhere. Please help!

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36784 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2016 :  21:47:43  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by orhansumen

I'm running a Forgotten Realms game on roll20. The game has been going on for years now and the map page we have is filled with notes and drawings and doesn't look neat at all.

So I have been DYING to find a way to just put pins on the Faerun map, so the players can just hover over and read "where the Black network headquarters are" etc.

A website called Scabard has the exact thing I want, you can see it here on the map section. https://www.scabard.com/page/Pricing
But unfortunately this is $40/year, which I can't justify paying so I can put a couple of pins on a map.

THERE MUST BE AN EASY, FREE WAY TO DO THIS. And if the answer is not between the walls of Candlekeep, it's nowhere. Please help!

I would expect info like pinning maps on roll20 to be something you could find on their forums... Not trying to be rude or anything, but that's where you'd find people with more familiarity with it.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Darkmeer
Senior Scribe

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2016 :  06:11:23  Show Profile  Visit Darkmeer's Homepage Send Darkmeer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Honestly, a layered PDF would be the way to go. That's about the easiest I can think of, and there are multiple programs, many free, that would help with that. Sadly, it may not meet all of the needs, especially in roll20's environment.

"These people are my family, not just friends, and if you want to get to them you gotta go through ME."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000