Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 The Cities Series.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36793 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2005 :  04:10:23  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Smyther

Do people know if this is going to stop as a 'four-strong' series like the Rogues et all, or an on-going series like the Harpers?
Somehow, I can't see it stopping at four if it is detailing the most important or famous cities in the Realms if it only has Raven's Bluff, Eversult, Alaghon, and Waterdeep...
I could certainly see a Calimport novel, Westgate, Arabel, Suzail, Mezro... the list could go on and on.

The list could go on and on, but I don't see that happening. I think that after only a handful, interest would begin to wane.

The Harpers run was kind of a unique case. Most of the tales had absolutely nothing to do with each other, and were just kinda lumped into one series.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Smyther
Learned Scribe

Canada
121 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2005 :  06:01:23  Show Profile  Visit Smyther's Homepage Send Smyther a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But will it end up being four-strong? The list can go on, but will it?

So sayeth the Smyther, the Dark Bard of Amn.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2005 :  06:13:55  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Smyther

But will it end up being four-strong? The list can go on, but will it?

I don't think there is any way to currently know whether or not the series will continue. Originally, I do not believe anyone thought the Waterdeep novel would be a part of the series.
Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2005 :  20:54:36  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Four seems to be the standard currently, when it's not part of a trilogy, that is.
As for the Cities, I've only read City of Ravens but I very much enjoyed it. I'm also a little disappointed City of Splendours will be in hardcover first as it's highly unlikely my finances will stretch to it.

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36793 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2005 :  23:46:03  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Reefy

I'm also a little disappointed City of Splendours will be in hardcover first as it's highly unlikely my finances will stretch to it.

I generally avoid the hardcovers, but this one will be an exception.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2005 :  07:39:16  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paec_djinn
From what I heard from people, Corin has great character development but initially he didn't seem like a great character. The whole cliched thing I'm talking about is the man-meets-up-with-girl-who-changes-his-life cliche I've seen in many stories. I don't know that's just me.

However, there is no romance between Corin and the girl he meets, which *is* a deviation from the norm, and a good one at that. Also, it features a gnome that the story actually takes seriously, which is also good.

So far I've only read Temple Hill, and I thought it was a great book. I've never seen City of Ravens in stores, so I'll have to get it on line. I own Jewel of Turmish, but haven't bothered to read it yet.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31716 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2005 :  11:39:00  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

I'm also a little disappointed City of Splendours will be in hardcover first as it's highly unlikely my finances will stretch to it.

I normally only purchase Ed's books in hardcover, although the WotSQ novels were the exception, and so it seems, will be City of Splendors.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2005 :  18:52:00  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

I normally only purchase Ed's books in hardcover, although the WotSQ novels were the exception, and so it seems, will be City of Splendors.

Well met

Indeed. On this occassion, i'll have to purchase both the hardcover (for prestige and immediate reading) and the paperback a year later (to place next to the other tomes in the Cities series, for completeness

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2007 :  20:52:22  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does it exist a following novel to The city of Raven ?

Jack, at the moment, the character I prefer in the novels I read.
He's human. He looks like someone we could see everyday IRL !
Quite good to dive within the book !

"Today is a good day to smile",
Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

- Fight in the arena and have fun ! :
La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2007 :  21:05:22  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fillow

Does it exist a following novel to The city of Raven ?

A sequel? Nope.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2007 :  21:08:37  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

A sequel? Nope.

Thanks
Yes, a sequel !

Excuse my bad English writing.

"Today is a good day to smile",
Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

- Fight in the arena and have fun ! :
La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2007 :  23:11:45  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fillow

quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

A sequel? Nope.

Thanks
Yes, a sequel !

Excuse my bad English writing.

You're welcome...and don't worry about it.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000