Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 More Magic Books of Faerun
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2004 :  16:30:04  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Garen Thal

Since I try to help Sean out on these articles, I suppose I can let a little slip: Assuming that Julia and the web team decide to keep putting up the books as they come, and assuming that the Waterdeep book is the one Sean completes next, it would see the light of day some time around mid- to late October.

Thanks for sharing this information. It will be something nice to see in the Fall if it comes to pass.

quote:

That's not a promise of when it will be submitted, though, nor of when it will be released. It's just my best understanding of the flow of the article releases.

That's okay, I'm sure some scribes here will take it as a promise and come October if the article is not at the WOTC site with big flashing neon print, you'll hear about it.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2004 :  04:42:32  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack
That's okay, I'm sure some scribes here will take it as a promise and come October if the article is not at the WOTC site with big flashing neon print, you'll hear about it.

I rather doubt that. I'm sure by now, that most of you have learned from your mistaken assumptions from the last episode regarding online FR web content...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2004 :  01:44:21  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Senile Scribe is slacking in his duties. Grins at Wooly.

So without further ado, new book is up:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20040915a

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2004 :  03:07:36  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kuje31

The Senile Scribe is slacking in his duties. Grins at Wooly.

So without further ado, new book is up:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20040915a

Hey, now! I have limited time to surf the internet while at work...

I won't be getting home for at least a couple more hours. I always check for updates when I get home, since I can't do much with an update before I get home. But hey, at least I now have something to look forward to!

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2004 :  03:09:40  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*whimpers* And it's still not the Waterdeep one! I hope they're not making us wait until the sourcebook comes out before they finally give us that one...

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2004 :  03:17:34  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
Hey, now! I have limited time to surf the internet while at work...

I won't be getting home for at least a couple more hours. I always check for updates when I get home, since I can't do much with an update before I get home. But hey, at least I now have something to look forward to!

Excuses! Excuses!

But your right, I want the Waterdeep one!

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2004 :  05:41:16  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Let it never be said that the scribes of Candlekeep were a patient lot. When there's a book they're awantin', they're wanting it now.

October, says I, for the Waterdeep book. October.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2004 :  05:58:29  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Garen Thal
October, says I, for the Waterdeep book. October.

Of this year? Or 2005?
Go to Top of Page

seankreynolds
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
91 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2004 :  20:35:29  Show Profile  Visit seankreynolds's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Waterdeep book is next month.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2004 :  22:52:57  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Excellent! Thank you for letting us know -- I was afraid they were going to sit on that one until the Waterdeep sourcebook and novel comes out (both of which I am very much looking forward to).

Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2004 :  00:04:47  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm really enjoying this series of articles and was wondering if any fellow scribes have created any similar tomes of their own?

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2004 :  11:30:41  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A new magic book is up, and this time, it's from Thay. It also mentions the sad fate of Saint Schend of Waterdeep, an aasimar paladin of Ilmater.
Nybor's Small Codex (Spells from a Former Zulkir)

Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2004 :  12:13:13  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Saint Schend" thats a WOTC/TSR Easter Egg if ever I heard one!

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

tauster
Senior Scribe

Germany
399 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2004 :  15:15:58  Show Profile  Visit tauster's Homepage Send tauster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i was laughing so hard that i slid from my chair- literally!
fortunately, i was the only one in the room at that moment.

the overall article is guite good and opens many possibilities for adventure.
...and saint schend is sure to pop up during my next session (that´s accidentally located in waterdeep at the moment)!

Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2004 :  22:26:50  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tauster

i was laughing so hard that i slid from my chair- literally!
fortunately, i was the only one in the room at that moment.

the overall article is guite good and opens many possibilities for adventure.
...and saint schend is sure to pop up during my next session (that´s accidentally located in waterdeep at the moment)!

All I ask is that ye be kind.

Steven
Who's rarely liked and never played either a paladin or an aasimar, preferring human wizards and ranger types with a touch of chaos to their goodness

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2004 :  02:58:41  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, Mr. Reynolds couldn't have been meaning it in a mean way . . . after all, "Saint Schend" was the only one of the listed "unfortunate victims" who survived the cursed item . . . .

On the other hand, perhaps he thought you'd have prefered that "Saint Schend" die.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2005 :  05:33:41  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Another one is up...

Kaupaer's Quick Book (Spells from the Hastiest Mage)

I like the origin of this one.

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6662 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2005 :  05:47:09  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Woohoo! I beat Wooly, SB, Kuje and Dargoth to the punch! New Magic Book of Faerun is up on the WotC website: Kaupaer's Quick Book. It looks a good one with mentions of Halruaa and banelar. Look for it here:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20050112a

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2005 :  05:50:22  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Woohoo! I beat Wooly, SB, Kuje and Dargoth to the punch! New Magic Book of Faerun is up on the WotC website: Kaupaer's Quick Book. It looks a good one with mentions of Halruaa and banelar. Look for it here:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20050112a

-- George Krashos

To slow George Wolly beat you to it

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2005 :  05:54:13  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm intrigueing

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6662 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2005 :  05:55:28  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dang! That's not fair! I was at work and the boss walked in. Oh those precious few minutes.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2005 :  06:23:51  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
I like the origin of this one.

I like the level of FR detail. Compare this to other...offerings.

quote:
Woohoo! I beat Wooly, SB, Kuje and Dargoth to the punch!

Not so fast Consigliere! WR as a button man usually has a faster mouse trigger.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2005 :  11:28:18  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Woohoo! I beat Wooly, SB, Kuje and Dargoth to the punch!

Did you, now? Hmmm, it must have been a different Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen who posted the link 14 minutes before you...

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000