Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 New Novels page at WotC
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2005 :  11:06:16  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Finally WotC have updated their novels area of the site, it looks much better: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=books/wizards

They also have an FR Novel Guide up.

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"

Edited by - Lord Rad on 17 Jan 2005 11:07:49

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2005 :  11:32:41  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting how they set up the new novel guide... And the new page layout looks good, too. But I'll bet they're still using the tinker gnome-designed search engine!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2005 :  13:41:54  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's nice, but then, I never really had much of a problem with the older archives.

quote:
But I'll bet they're still using the tinker gnome-designed search engine!
Remember... it's not about whether it works or not... but how much smoke and noise it makes while using it .

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2005 :  16:05:24  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Rad

Finally WotC have updated their novels area of the site, it looks much better: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=books/wizards

They also have an FR Novel Guide up.

Yes, I saw the new layout last week. I think it looks nice. Thanks for the heads up about the guide.
Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2005 :  07:30:27  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It can take longer for the page to come up now, especially while multi-tasking on different sites all at once. Candlekeep can do that for me also. That's with a cable modem, but not high-speed.

"Hurling himself upon his enemies, he terrified them with slaughter!"

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Candlekeep proverb: If a thing is said often enough, fools aplenty will believe it to be true.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2005 :  16:46:38  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hammer of Moradin

It can take longer for the page to come up now, especially while multi-tasking on different sites all at once. Candlekeep can do that for me also. That's with a cable modem, but not high-speed.

Good point that you bring up. But, WOTC is not alone in wanting more on their site to make it appear attractive. It seems to be a trend from what I've seen. You and I have cable modems. Imagine the folks who are still on dial up.
Go to Top of Page

VEDSICA
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2005 :  23:24:26  Show Profile  Visit VEDSICA's Homepage Send VEDSICA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Big time lag with only dial-up as your friend.I think it looks nice as well.I really don't care too much about the layout.Just give me a list of what was written,and what is to be written.Give me the cover art,a little blurb,and the date that it's coming out,and I would be happy.

LIFE,BIRTH,BLOOD,DOOM---THE HOLE IN THE GROUND IS COMING ROUND SOON----BLS
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000