Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Realms Events
 Elven extinction?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Giilvas Vyshaan
Acolyte

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2006 :  01:22:09  Show Profile  Visit Giilvas Vyshaan's Homepage Send Giilvas Vyshaan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not to copy the Return of Shade, but there is a mysterious mythal city in a magical stasis located in the High Forest. There was a comment in LEoF about the Eldreth Velruutha looking into discovering the secret to return Myth Adofhaer to Faerun. I think that there is your 'presto!' way of returning about 10,000+ elves (sun elves, the haughtiest of the lot) back to Faerun. Would they appreciate the diminished power of the Fair Folk? Any NDC comments forthcoming? Please bring back the old school elves!

In the Year of Risen Elfkin, the Vyshaantar Empire will be reborn out of ruin and retake its rightful position in Faerun.
Go to Top of Page

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2006 :  02:37:23  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Giilvas Vyshaan

Not to copy the Return of Shade, but there is a mysterious mythal city in a magical stasis located in the High Forest. There was a comment in LEoF about the Eldreth Velruutha looking into discovering the secret to return Myth Adofhaer to Faerun. I think that there is your 'presto!' way of returning about 10,000+ elves (sun elves, the haughtiest of the lot) back to Faerun. Would they appreciate the diminished power of the Fair Folk? Any NDC comments forthcoming? Please bring back the old school elves!

The elves that are coming back better be good ones and peaceful type, if they are the sort of pro-war type like the Vyshaan clan elves, short term boost the elven population, yes, but in the long term, might decrease the elven and other races' population if they are the pro-war type.
I think it would be wise to let the Myth Adofhaer stay in stasis, for if the city was plunged into stasis, I am very sure whoever did it had a very good and wise reason for doing it.

We have fostered trust, recruited loyalty, and gathered the faithful. We have trained thousands. Our legions can cover the land, fill the sky and travel through the darkness. We can hunt any and all that would deny our heritage. Now is our time, now is the time of the Dark Reign(Rain) of the Empire of Shadows.
- High Prince Telemont Tanthul, Lord Shadow
In a speech given to the citizens of Shade Enclave
At the celebration of the Shinantra Battle victory when he revealed that he was THE Lord Shadow of legend.
Go to Top of Page

Giilvas Vyshaan
Acolyte

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2006 :  01:37:55  Show Profile  Visit Giilvas Vyshaan's Homepage Send Giilvas Vyshaan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, I believe the sun elves of Myth Adofhaer wanted to remove themselves from the potential taint of the fey'ri. If that is correct, they would probably be good enough (alignment-wise)to not want demon-blooded taint, and abhor the idea of it. I believe that they would have to think seriously about the current situation of elves before taking any action. Isn't that what elves do, anyway?

In the Year of Risen Elfkin, the Vyshaantar Empire will be reborn out of ruin and retake its rightful position in Faerun.
Go to Top of Page

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2006 :  10:10:30  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Giilvas Vyshaan

Actually, I believe the sun elves of Myth Adofhaer wanted to remove themselves from the potential taint of the fey'ri. If that is correct, they would probably be good enough (alignment-wise)to not want demon-blooded taint, and abhor the idea of it. I believe that they would have to think seriously about the current situation of elves before taking any action. Isn't that what elves do, anyway?

Hmm...perhaps so, maybe they hid themselves from the daemonfey, but first I wonder why would they had to hid themselves from the daemonfey-if-they had a standing mythal and standing army of sufficient numbers and power sufficient to beat the Fey'ri. Whether the elves will consider the present situation first..a likely move but another matter to consider is whether they do wish to adapt to the current situations or would they act like Kymil Nimesin or the Vyshaans.

We have fostered trust, recruited loyalty, and gathered the faithful. We have trained thousands. Our legions can cover the land, fill the sky and travel through the darkness. We can hunt any and all that would deny our heritage. Now is our time, now is the time of the Dark Reign(Rain) of the Empire of Shadows.
- High Prince Telemont Tanthul, Lord Shadow
In a speech given to the citizens of Shade Enclave
At the celebration of the Shinantra Battle victory when he revealed that he was THE Lord Shadow of legend.
Go to Top of Page

Beirnadri Magranth
Senior Scribe

USA
720 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2006 :  14:06:52  Show Profile  Visit Beirnadri Magranth's Homepage Send Beirnadri Magranth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i thought selune or some goddess put that city into stasis. I forget why and till when

"You came here to be a martyr in a great big bang of glory... instead you will die with a whimper."
::moussaoui tries to interrupt::
"You will never get a chance to speak again and that's an appropriate ending."

-Judge Brinkema
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2006 :  14:15:46  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shadovar

Hmm...perhaps so, maybe they hid themselves from the daemonfey, but first I wonder why would they had to hid themselves from the daemonfey-if-they had a standing mythal and standing army of sufficient numbers and power sufficient to beat the Fey'ri.

If that was the scenario, maybe it wasn't war they feared from the fey'ri. Maybe they feared the fey'ri sneaking in, interbreeding with and/or subverting the people of the city.

Or maybe they just saw a coming war and decided they were going to totally avoid it.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Beirnadri Magranth
Senior Scribe

USA
720 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2006 :  14:17:03  Show Profile  Visit Beirnadri Magranth's Homepage Send Beirnadri Magranth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CrennenFaerieBane

Well, let's see - guess if they elves disappeared we'd see a lot of series completely disappear - WotSQ, Elaine's books, all of RAS's books. Yeah, that's a smart statement.

Oh wait, who taught magic to the humans of Netheril? Oh yeah, the pointy-eared runts. And dwarves and their psychotic war with the goblins... yeah...

Oh wait, and Orcs who kill and main and are objectively evil, yes, once again, a very intelligent comment. Obould, I'm sure, will keep them in line.

Oh wait, Myth Drannor - yeah, dumb idea, no idea how to create a real settlement. And I guess elves can't farm, since they existed and prospered long before humans came around.

What a racist statement, Kreen.

C-Fb

Earlanni elves began to teach magic to humans but you know they became legendary through the nether scrolls.
also saying that something isnt a possibility because it would cut profits for the WOTC isnt very realmsian. We have to be able to think beyond profitability and marketing.

"You came here to be a martyr in a great big bang of glory... instead you will die with a whimper."
::moussaoui tries to interrupt::
"You will never get a chance to speak again and that's an appropriate ending."

-Judge Brinkema
Go to Top of Page

w2b
Acolyte

Italy
30 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2006 :  18:55:33  Show Profile  Visit w2b's Homepage Send w2b a Private Message  Reply with Quote
about star elves and their lightbulbs ^___^ what i find weird is that they're drawn with those strange glowing headgears... ok, lightbulbs. but they are not described with them. anywhere i see. i think the lightbulbs are another unfortunate artistic license by wotc's illustrators, like gems on the forehead of some banites or chembryl's blond hair...

also, there's another race of elves you guys haven't mentioned, the lythari (wolf-elves). of course there are also the llewyrr of the moonshaes but i haven't been able to understand what subrace they are exactly, probably wood elves. and then there's the avariel, but i'm quite sure you already listed them.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2006 :  01:01:04  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
An elven extinction? Why yes, I think it'd be awesome if a few choice elves went extinct, namely those of House Miritar, Melruth, Teshurr (and anyone who helped them).

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Twilight
Seeker

Canada
68 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2006 :  08:36:28  Show Profile  Visit Twilight's Homepage Send Twilight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Elves will Never Die they're to powerful and long living
Go to Top of Page

Kaladorm
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1176 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2006 :  21:19:36  Show Profile  Visit Kaladorm's Homepage Send Kaladorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Elves have become such a staple for fantasy realms I can't see them ever disappearing , that and they sell books so well
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2006 :  22:05:00  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kaladorm

Elves have become such a staple for fantasy realms I can't see them ever disappearing , that and they sell books so well

So true.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

dwarvenranger
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2006 :  00:37:07  Show Profile  Visit dwarvenranger's Homepage Send dwarvenranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nah, I'm hopin the windsocks ain't goin away for good, who'd distract them orcs while I sneak up and take care o' them? Anyway the trees are sayin that they like the elves cause o' their frolicking and the personal attention that the elves are giving them.

If I waited till I knew what I was doing, I'd never get anything done.

Go to Top of Page

monknwildcat
Learned Scribe

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2008 :  20:16:41  Show Profile  Visit monknwildcat's Homepage Send monknwildcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm glad we finally got the other Elvesies listed (lythari, avariel, llewyrr?). Slightly off-topic, but was there ever an answer as to which subraces make up the Llewyrr!?

Also, LOTR made elves tres vogue. They're not going anywhere.
Go to Top of Page

Stormlord
Acolyte

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2008 :  10:35:55  Show Profile Send Stormlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Llewyrrwood is listed as a northern colony of the green and moon elves of Illefarn, and Synnoria is listed as a moon elf sanctuary.

This information is listed within "Serpent Kingdoms" (pg. 186) and the 2e campaign expansion, "Cormanthyr: Empire of Elves" (pgs. 22, 31).
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3740 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2008 :  04:53:53  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Quite to the contrary: Since the end of the Elven Retreat, the population of Elves has been growing, not shrinking.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page