Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 PF kineticists / Benders in the realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11808 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2015 :  13:34:17  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So, even though I'm in a 5e game, I'm still keeping up with pathfinder as I still love the expanded options in that and 3.5 both. One of the things I always wanted to see implemented was something akin to the "avatar: the last airbender" stuff. I see Paizo's attempt at it, and it ends up being rather good (though I am lacking the feel for combining martial arts with elemental blasts, and their ruleset doesn't keep the character in only one type of "bending"). I still like my own version, which I've admittedly never playtested, but is very similar (I actually give limited spellcasting slots per day where they use unlimited wild talents <aka warlock invocations>. Also rather than one big blast per round similar to a warlock, I treat a blast as a full attack action wherein they do several smaller damaging blasts, and I give something akin to a monk's flurry of blows to combine weapons and elemental blasts). But I'm not adverse to stealing concepts from them.... and who knows maybe in the next few books, they'll introduce something more in line to what I was thinking.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1THf9yC2WYcDmJHG8wZQ2vBcUSV6-A2WNKMU-wvUp0mQ/edit?usp=sharing

Anyway, if you were to play with this idea in the realms, where do you see it fitting in? Personally, I think this fits perfectly to replace the old second edition rules for Zakhara for their wizards, especially if they're learning this stuff from the genies. IF we wer saying modern day Zakhara, perhaps after the spellplague they replaced their weave based spellcasting with this type. In the various genasi colonies this would fit well as well.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4436 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2015 :  15:17:50  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's basically where I put my Elementalist class.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000