Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Any word on what's next ?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Berkthgar
Learned Scribe

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2015 :  05:56:00  Show Profile Send Berkthgar a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
how did you like vengeance of the iron dwarf.

I found it to be a good read. Reminiscent of the 90s , when I think drizzt really was in his prime.

But what's next in the series. These gaps are making it hard to remember what happened previously lol!

BEAST. Can I have a link to that timeline again please

“Change is not always growth, but growth is often rooted in change.
Drizzt Do'Urden”

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2015 :  07:53:38  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
archmage is next which is the lead book of the rage of demons wotc line of things.

the demon shown on the wotc site advertising the next line of things is Demagorgon, that if you remember that far back was also in the watchers keep back in the bg2 expansion. whether or not he is in archmage or not I don't know. it is likely that he will be in the next line of things in some form......

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234

Edited by - sfdragon on 13 Aug 2015 08:00:04
Go to Top of Page

Madpig
Learned Scribe

Finland
148 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2015 :  10:51:50  Show Profile Send Madpig a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sfdragon

archmage is next which is the lead book of the rage of demons wotc line of things.

the demon shown on the wotc site advertising the next line of things is Demagorgon, that if you remember that far back was also in the watchers keep back in the bg2 expansion. whether or not he is in archmage or not I don't know. it is likely that he will be in the next line of things in some form......

I bet my left testicle that Demogorgon will _not_ be in archmage. If anything, I can imagine that RAS's pet demon makes appearance. Despite that he has like 80years left of banishment.
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2015 :  17:19:18  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Madpig

quote:

I bet my left testicle that Demogorgon will _not_ be in archmage. If anything, I can imagine that RAS's pet demon makes appearance. Despite that he has like 80years left of banishment.

Bad bet to make. ;)
Go to Top of Page

BEAST
Master of Realmslore

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2015 :  18:38:17  Show Profile  Visit BEAST's Homepage Send BEAST a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Berkthgar

BEAST. Can I have a link to that timeline again please

Well, a link to my chronology is in my signature. But it's not completely up to date, yet. (Pesky real world commitments. Sheesh!)

"'You don't know my history,' he said dryly."
--Drizzt Do'Urden (The Pirate King, Part 1: Chapter 2)

<"Comprehensive Chronology of R.A. Salvatore Forgotten Realms Works">
Go to Top of Page

Korginard
Learned Scribe

USA
126 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2015 :  21:46:04  Show Profile  Visit Korginard's Homepage Send Korginard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From posts on Facebook, it looks like they will be using Zuggtomy, or are at least updating her for the new edition. I suppose that would make sense if the Demon/Underdark thing has any connections to the previous Temple of Elemental Evil thing. No idea what will be in the novel and what will be in the game however. All the material I've seen has mentioned Demon Princes.. plural. It's possible both Demogorgon and Zuggtomy will be mentioned, maybe even others like Grazzt and Orcus.
I dunno, I just can't wait to read it in any case!
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2015 :  09:26:25  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I might be waiting to read it, either that or I'm going to find it in the book store and read the epilogue and or the last chapter and go from there...

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
Go to Top of Page

Mirtek
Senior Scribe

595 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2015 :  09:41:59  Show Profile Send Mirtek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They presented the demonlord line-up for Rage of Demons and among them Demogorgon was said to spend his time rampaging through Menzoberranzan.

Zuggtmoy is busy marrying that giant fungus
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2015 :  02:46:04  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
do you have a link for that?

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
Go to Top of Page

Mirtek
Senior Scribe

595 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2015 :  10:16:09  Show Profile Send Mirtek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

do you have a link for that?

Here you go.

Here's also the foreword from the adventures. In this thread it's also stated that the picture on the cover of OotA is portaying Demogorgon during his rampe in Menzobarranzan.

I wonder how much will be left of the city after he's done. Canonically the portrayal of archfiendd was fluctuating between either just particulary nasty demons that high level characters could easily handle or them having power equivalent of demi- or lesser deities.

The last few appearances of archfieds in FR novels (War of the Spider Queen, Twillight War) portrayed them on the weaker side (to be toyed with by deities and them going crazy over the chance to attain a sliver of a quasi deity's divine spark).

Interesting will be the unique madness caused by Demogorgon (see first link), causing the slightest tension to inspire homicidal mania. Plenty more than just slight tension to be found in a drow city to be sure

Interesting bit about Troy writing about Orcus. So his new novel might not be about the re-ascension of Myrkul like I originally thought, but rather we might see the return of Kiaransalee (since she's heavily linked to Orcus)

Edited by - Mirtek on 20 Aug 2015 10:31:08
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2015 :  13:09:25  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mirtek

Interesting bit about Troy writing about Orcus. So his new novel might not be about the re-ascension of Myrkul like I originally thought, but rather we might see the return of Kiaransalee (since she's heavily linked to Orcus)

I doubt that they are going to dedicate that much attention to the drow pantheon, let alone a single member. Up to now we've only briefly seen that Eilistraee and Vhaeraun are back, that people remember Kiaransalee's name, and some mentions here and there, but that's it.

I would be surprised (pleasantly), if WotC decided to explain how the events in LP have been reverted.

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

Veritas
Learned Scribe

209 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2015 :  16:14:37  Show Profile  Visit Veritas's Homepage Send Veritas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd be surprised if our good buddy Demo will flatten Menzo. They appear to be making a relatively static world for 5e, and pancaking one of the most famous locales in FR isn't an editorial decision I could see myself making.
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2015 :  01:31:27  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hmmm who to vote for.... beanre or demo.........

well...... I vote for those who follow the most divine actions of the brave sir robin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZwuTo7zKM8

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000