Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 What do you want to see on the Candlekeep site?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2007 :  23:39:54  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by unknown warrior

since i'm new to the books i would like a list of all the series and stand alone book titles in a organized list i think alot on here would approve of this suggestion.

Agreed. And there are, in fact, a couple of those lists on here. Big Al linked you to one in your most recent thread.

Well met

Aye, Wooly is correct. unknown warrior, perhaps take a look around the site itself...in particular, the Novels page.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2007 :  21:44:06  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What I would like to see is our Lady Hooded One's account of her experiences in the Dungeon of Swords!

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Go to Top of Page

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1072 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2007 :  13:11:08  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would like to see some coin girls dancing in these halls

No.. Let me be serious.

What about an easier way to find around in these halls, I have heard many new members asking a where to find things here a how you post different things here on the forum.

Whey not make a thread ore permanent place where new members can get a overview of what Candlekeep has to offer.

Thanks fore a Great place

Victor Ograygor The Assassin and Candel keeps cellar master

Everything I need to know about life I learned from killing smart people.

Links related to Forgotten Realms
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9571

Adventuring / Mercenary Companies / Orders / The chosen from official sources
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11047

Priests in Forgotten Realms.
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9609&whichpage=1

Edited by - Victor_ograygor on 24 Aug 2007 13:11:59
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2007 :  17:01:16  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Victor_ograygor

I would like to see some coin girls dancing in these halls

No.. Let me be serious.

What about an easier way to find around in these halls, I have heard many new members asking a where to find things here a how you post different things here on the forum.

Whey not make a thread ore permanent place where new members can get a overview of what Candlekeep has to offer.

Thanks fore a Great place

Well met

Good idea, Victor. Candlekeep can be a maze at times. I'll see what I can put together.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Ozzalum
Learned Scribe

USA
277 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2007 :  19:29:02  Show Profile  Visit Ozzalum's Homepage Send Ozzalum a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I must second Victor's idea. I knew of Candlekeep's existence for sometime and would occasionally be sent a link to some topic in the forum but for the life of me I couldn't find my way around. It seems to me the heart of the site is the forums and the compendiums but they are not to prominently displayed on the main page. And if I'm wrong about what constitutes the heart of the site, don't take it as an insult to your material... I probably just haven't it.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2007 :  00:25:05  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Forums are an extension of Candlekeep, not the main portion of it. The Main Site of Candlekeep can be directly accessed from the Forums, simply by using the "Home" function in the top-right hand corner of the Forum screen. The links for the Candlekeep Compendium are easily identified on the Main Site itself.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Ozzalum
Learned Scribe

USA
277 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2007 :  23:12:56  Show Profile  Visit Ozzalum's Homepage Send Ozzalum a Private Message  Reply with Quote
After you mentioned that the forums are not the main part of Candlekeep I went back and looked at the site map. There was a lot of stuff I was missing. Now I have reading for a good few years. Nobody add anything until I catch up!
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2007 :  13:04:31  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think I would like to see "Wooly's Realmsian Rant of the month". A scroll where the fuzzy guy doesn't have to censor himself!!

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2007 :  14:20:30  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

I think I would like to see "Wooly's Realmsian Rant of the month". A scroll where the fuzzy guy doesn't have to censor himself!!

Actually, other than the 2E to 3E transition, I rarely have anything to launch into a proper rant about. That may change when 4E comes out, though. The little bit of info we have on that thus far is very much bringing to mind the BattleTech setting's Word of Blake Jihad, which is something I can rant about at the drop of a hat.

But that's not really a topic for this thread.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2007 :  19:48:13  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

[quote]Originally posted by The Red Walker

Actually, other than the 2E to 3E transition, I rarely have anything to launch into a proper rant about. That may change when 4E comes out, though. The little bit of info we have on that thus far is very much bringing to mind the BattleTech setting's Word of Blake Jihad, which is something I can rant about at the drop of a hat.

But that's not really a topic for this thread.

I was thinking that we scribes could assign you a topic to rant on!
We hate to see talent wasted.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2007 :  22:34:18  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I was thinking that we scribes could assign you a topic to rant on!
We hate to see talent wasted.

The problem is that I have to get really worked up about something to do a proper rant. I can't do an off-the-cuff rant.

Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2007 :  02:00:21  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

The Forums are an extension of Candlekeep, not the main portion of it. The Main Site of Candlekeep can be directly accessed from the Forums, simply by using the "Home" function in the top-right hand corner of the Forum screen. The links for the Candlekeep Compendium are easily identified on the Main Site itself.

It's not that is why I show up daily. The rest is just gravy
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2007 :  02:01:29  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would like a more streamlined and clear way of accessing site information.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2007 :  08:48:57  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scererar

I would like a more streamlined and clear way of accessing site information.

Well met

Aye, I hear ya! All will be much better organised and accessable in Candlekeep v2.0

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2007 :  09:10:27  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do you have any idea when this will take place Alaundo? Not to rush you, but I am curious, as this is the first I have heard on the subject (I think).
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2007 :  17:06:37  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jorkens

Do you have any idea when this will take place Alaundo? Not to rush you, but I am curious, as this is the first I have heard on the subject (I think).

Well met

Don't hold your breath, Jorkens It won't be this year, that's for sure. There are some elements which i'm looking to get help on (mainly graphical).

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2007 :  15:17:24  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

quote:

Well met

Don't hold your breath, Jorkens It won't be this year, that's for sure. There are some elements which i'm looking to get help on (mainly graphical).

Anything else you need help with Alaundo?

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2007 :  16:41:24  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Well met

Well met

I'm always open to those with any web skills Feel free to PM me with details if ye wish, Red Walker.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

unknown warrior
Acolyte

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2007 :  16:46:28  Show Profile  Visit unknown warrior's Homepage Send unknown warrior a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would like to see a up to date FR novels list,including new releases.

Don't stand in my way.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2007 :  17:36:43  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by unknown warrior

I would like to see a up to date FR novels list,including new releases.

Actually, I don't have the links handy, but there are a couple of those lists available on the main site. If you go back and check the thread about this that you created on 17 August, you'll find the link -- Big Al provided it to you then.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 12 Sep 2007 17:40:56
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2007 :  04:02:18  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Well met

Well met

I'm always open to those with any web skills Feel free to PM me with details if ye wish, Red Walker.

Unfortunately I have No web Design Skills.....
Only skills like as my friend would say....
"You know, like nunchuck skills, bowhunting skills, computer hacking skills."- Napoleon Dynamite

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2007 :  15:43:55  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually my wife does have some fierce web design skills....I am not sure that her style would suit your needs, but she said she would help if she could and told me to offer. You can check out our website, it was totally designed by her and let me know what you think.
It is www.noblevestaldoodles.com

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2007 :  16:28:06  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My web design skills are limited to very basic HTML... Which does serve me well, though. Almost all of my internet surfing, both at home and at work, starts from web pages of my own design -- I don't even use bookmarks, anymore. And the Setup page I wrote for building computers at work gets a lot of use.

But none of that helps here.

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2007 :  16:49:12  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

My web design skills are limited to very basic HTML... Which does serve me well, though. Almost all of my internet surfing, both at home and at work, starts from web pages of my own design -- I don't even use bookmarks, anymore. And the Setup page I wrote for building computers at work gets a lot of use.

But none of that helps here.

Ah I disagree...That which does not kill us can only make us stronger...
So yo are helping....By strengthening us daily oh Wooly One

Go to Top of Page

Warrax
Learned Scribe

Canada
128 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2007 :  02:12:56  Show Profile  Visit Warrax's Homepage Send Warrax a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I do a little work in CSS, if that helps...

Anyway, as an aside, I don't know if this has been discussed before but I wouldn't be averse to having a separate forum to run a FR play-by-post on these forums if anyone's interested...

EDIT - Actually, having now read Alaundo's comments, I should note that I do a fair bit of tinkering in Jasc's Paint Shop Pro as far as stylizing text, doing banners and button-images, etc. I even created a font once, though I used a separate program for that.

Edited by - Warrax on 03 Oct 2007 02:14:19
Go to Top of Page

Brynweir
Senior Scribe

USA
436 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2007 :  02:39:45  Show Profile Send Brynweir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would be interested in a play-by-post as well since I really don't have a group around here, but I don't see how it would work since the posts are open to any member. (Aren't they?)

Anyone who likes to read something that's really dark and gritty and completely awesome ought to read The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks. You can check out a little taste at www.BrentWeeks.com I should probably warn you, though, that it is definitely not PG-13 :-D

He also started a new Trilogy with Black Prism, which may even surpass the Night Angel Trilogy in its awesomeness.

Go to Top of Page

Daniel of the North
Acolyte

Norway
30 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2007 :  10:06:51  Show Profile  Visit Daniel of the North's Homepage Send Daniel of the North a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Candlekeep could use a new design.

THE ART OF ESCAPING REALITY
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2007 :  16:34:43  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alaundo, I would love to see a clock somewhere that shows "keep" time! I have a hard time remembering to add 5 hours to get to "my" time!

Go to Top of Page

Warrax
Learned Scribe

Canada
128 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2007 :  01:49:59  Show Profile  Visit Warrax's Homepage Send Warrax a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brynweir

I would be interested in a play-by-post as well since I really don't have a group around here, but I don't see how it would work since the posts are open to any member. (Aren't they?)

Play-by-post works just fine if you've the patience to keep up with it; ENWorld and RealmsofEvil (now the Umbrasa Gravelands) have been doing it for like a decade now and you've also got sites like myth-weavers.com and several others who's name I cannot recall at this moment. It's like a more readily accessible version of PBeM.

The posts are viewable by all, sure, but generally speaking, you run games with a specific roster in a given thread, so it's really only "open" to the DM and the players.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2007 :  08:44:29  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Aye, a new site, new forum (with customisable clock ) will all be part of Candlekeep v2.0

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic