Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Update on the Realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2015 :  22:32:27  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello all.
I stopped playing DD 8 years ago after moving to Paris.
I hated the 4th edition and didn't even bother checking the FR campagin setting.
I got back to DD with the 5th edition but i am now a little lost.
Do you have any link/book that could give me an overview of what happened?

Furthermore, i plan on reading some novels, but again i have not read a DD book for years. So any advice is welcomed

Thanks all :)

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1270 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2015 :  22:49:26  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met! This Pretty much gives you an overview of the changes in 4E, and the Sundering Novels will be as good a source as any for the changes 5e made to make the Realms more familiar to some again.
I'm sure others will be able to give more detail. Specifics on 5e/the Sundering itself are sparse at present.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Arioch
Learned Scribe

Italy
222 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2015 :  09:53:49  Show Profile  Visit Arioch's Homepage Send Arioch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was in a situation like yours. The Sundering novels indeed may help you.

If you want a quick recap, this thread can be useful: http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19630
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2015 :  11:34:23  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great. Thanks to both of you
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000