Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Welcome to the Candlekeep Forums
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2007 :  08:06:36  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, 4uk4ata!

Enjoy your stay here at the keep and while you stroll these halls may My Lady of the Forest smile upon thee and may the great Lord of Knowlegde and Binder of what is known always grant thou His blessings!

Ergdusch

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2007 :  11:11:13  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, 4uk4ata

Welcome to Candlekeep. I hope ye enjoy thy stay herein and I look forward to hearing the tales of lore which ye bring to these halls.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Falstaffsrevenge
Acolyte

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2007 :  19:22:26  Show Profile Send Falstaffsrevenge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, I am not new per se to these humble halls, I have been reading the post for almost 2 years now. This is my first attempt at adding anything, hopefully of value to these wonderful discussions. I am a Realms nut, since I got hooked on RAS's books in the early 90's. I can't thank all of you enough, for the massive amount of lore and talks on FR. This is truly a special place. Thanks!

Sweet water and light laughter to all!

Some friends are like slinkies, not much use, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down stairs.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2007 :  23:24:10  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Falstaffsrevenge

Welcome to Candlekeep. I'm glad that after such a lengthy time lurking in these halls that ye decided to don thy robe and join us in discussions of lore

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Akeri Rualuavain
Seeker

Canada
99 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2007 :  23:27:20  Show Profile  Visit Akeri Rualuavain's Homepage Send Akeri Rualuavain a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome ! I'm also a fan of RAS work, the dark elf trilogi was my fist realm book. Even if since i prefer ED G, i'm still a big fan of RAS and Drizzt
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2007 :  09:55:13  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Most warm and friendly Welcome at the Keep, Falstaff!

Enjoy your stay and may My Lady of the Forest smile upon thee and may the great Lord of Knowlegde and Binder of what is known always grant thou His blessings!

Ergdusch

Go to Top of Page

Xenomega
Acolyte

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2007 :  03:54:36  Show Profile  Visit Xenomega's Homepage Send Xenomega a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am The Dark Lord Xenomega.
Revel in my wake you underlings.
Go to Top of Page

meow
Acolyte

Australia
0 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2007 :  12:10:54  Show Profile  Visit meow's Homepage Send meow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Alaundo! Whilst I haven't RPG'd (on paper) since I was a little girl... I am an avid forgotten realms book reader and collector... My fav characters for the moment - Erevis Cale/Drasek Riven, my favourite authors - Lisa Smedman, Paul S Kemp, RAS. Atm I've sort of run out of new FR books to buy & read (I've been told it's "wrong" to be able to "read a book" in a few hours) and there is only so much of games I can play (somehow Neverwinters Nights isn't as appealing as some of the older FR PC games), so I thought I would search around for other FR stuff and ta-da, here I am. meow.
Go to Top of Page

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
527 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2007 :  16:37:59  Show Profile Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome, Meow...

'Everyone dies...I only choose the time and place for a few.' --Eric Destler
Go to Top of Page

balgarion13
Acolyte

0 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2007 :  22:10:08  Show Profile  Visit balgarion13's Homepage Send balgarion13 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Hello. I am but a lonely traveler, wandering the wide world and web in search of stories, particulary those which involve adventurers with intresting and unique talents. I hope to one day publish the most complete encyclopedia of these styles of combat and have currently compiled almost 900 different styles (class and Prestige classes, all from online sources). I cannot stay long, but i hope to return often to consult with your most informative compendiums.

"people should not fear their government, a government should fear its people." -V
Go to Top of Page

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
527 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2007 :  05:04:21  Show Profile Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Balgarion...

Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2007 :  10:28:37  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello xenohega, meow and balgarion! A most warm and friendly welcome to all of you!

No matter if Dark Lord, Realms reader and collecter or lonely traveler, Candlekeep is a place where everyone is welcome as long as he is friendly to his fellow scribes that gather here. I wish you a pleasent stay and hope you find whatever it is you came here for.

May my Lady of the Forest smile upon thee and may the great Lord of Knowlegde and Binder of what is known always grant thou His blessings in the hours you spent in these very halls and beyond!

Ergdusch

Go to Top of Page

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
527 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2007 :  15:15:43  Show Profile Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Jesse...

Go to Top of Page

Nimriel
Seeker

Sweden
51 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2007 :  22:09:09  Show Profile  Visit Nimriel's Homepage Send Nimriel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, I am a former lurker, while I've never gotten a chance to play D&D (Living in a small county, 31.2 inh/km²)but I'm familar with Fearun throungh PC games and books.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2007 :  23:07:05  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nimriél

Hello, I am a former lurker, while I've never gotten a chance to play D&D (Living in a small county, 31.2 inh/km²)but I'm familar with Fearun throungh PC games and books.

Well met, Nimriél

Glad ye decided to join us and step out from lurking in the shadows

Fear not, many herein have never played the game, or have not played in quite some time, but still enjoy the Realms through novels and discussions herein.

Enjoy thy stay.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
527 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2007 :  14:46:01  Show Profile Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Nimriel...

Go to Top of Page

ArtMercenary
Acolyte

0 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2007 :  14:39:32  Show Profile  Visit ArtMercenary's Homepage Send ArtMercenary a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I am a long-time fan of D&D and of long acquaintance with The Forgotten Realms setting. I am happy to be here, and hope to be here semi-often!

The idealist walks on his toes, the materialist on his talons.
-Malcom De Chazal
Go to Top of Page

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
527 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2007 :  14:52:52  Show Profile Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome, ArtMercenary...

Go to Top of Page

Matthus
Senior Scribe

Germany
393 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2007 :  15:01:31  Show Profile Send Matthus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just a simple but friendly welcome, ArtMercenary - enjoy the halls.
Go to Top of Page

Robspieree
Acolyte

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2007 :  21:31:41  Show Profile Send Robspieree a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Name's Rob, been in and out of the realms since the Old Grey Box days :D. Not a fan of the 3.5 rules and such but I do love the Realms. Just found my box of old 1E and 2E material and have been going through them. With having gone back to school, having an escape from the bustle of academia is a nice change.

Rob

Friends are the family we choose.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2007 :  17:43:13  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Robspieree

Welcome to Candlekeep. Ahh, an Old Grey Box veteran, eh? Well take a seat and join us in discussions of Realmslore; thou art more than welcome.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

SH4D0VV
Acolyte

Australia
1 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2007 :  04:24:25  Show Profile  Visit SH4D0VV's Homepage Send SH4D0VV a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey guys,

my name is Rob and im from Aussieland. not the same Rob as above. :D

im not much a tabletop DnD gamer other than Baldurs gate and NWN1&2.

I like Salvatores books and Kemps books... just about to get started on Ed's books with teh elminster omnibus :)

look forward to chatting with ya all..
Go to Top of Page

Mazrim_Taim
Learned Scribe

341 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2007 :  20:06:48  Show Profile  Visit Mazrim_Taim's Homepage Send Mazrim_Taim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SH4D0VV

Hey guys,

my name is Rob and im from Aussieland. not the same Rob as above. :D

im not much a tabletop DnD gamer other than Baldurs gate and NWN1&2.

I like Salvatores books and Kemps books... just about to get started on Ed's books with teh elminster omnibus :)

look forward to chatting with ya all..

I was introduced to the Realms via RAS as well. Good luck and welcome to the forums.

And if the PCs DO win their ways through all the liches to Larloch, “he” will almost certainly be just another lich (loaded with explosive spells) set up as a decoy, with dozens of hidden liches waiting to pounce on any surviving PCs who ‘celebrate’ after they take Larloch down. As the REAL Larloch watches (magical scrying) from afar. Myself, as DM, I’d be wondering: “Such a glorious game, so many opportunities laid out before your PCs to devote your time to, and THIS fixation is the best you can come up with? Are you SURE you’re adventurers?” -Ed Greenwood
Go to Top of Page

Stonwulfe
Seeker

Canada
81 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2008 :  18:29:00  Show Profile  Visit Stonwulfe's Homepage Send Stonwulfe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello all,

I am Stonwülfe. (No, I do not call myself this IRL, that's pathetic.) If you'd prefer to refer to me in short, you can call me Stone, Ston, Stony, Wolfy, Nerd, Geek, Knucklehead, or Craig (my real name).

To say I love the Forgotten Realms would be redundant, given where I'm posting this, but it is a place for which I hold a special fondness. I have been playing D&D since first edition, though the majority of my early play took place in the FR during AD&D 2nd Ed Rev. Through the years I have become a bit of a Realms Scholar. Though I do not purport to be the expert that some here undoubtably are, neither am I an intermediate.

I'm an Anthropologist and Archaeologist by training, though I've spent the last thirteen years working in and around sales, marketing, and large businesses in every industry from telecommunications (where I'm employed now, with a Canadian brand) to security. I am a published author, predominantly in the Academy, though also in popular literature magazines and reviews. I feel that having the cultural and literary training of an anthropologist has given me a unique perspective on the Realms, how it's developed, and how new ideas can and are implemented. I bring this to my two weekly games.

When I run games, I have a tendency to run big games. I have successfully run a game with sixteen people, and only one fight. Though my weekly games routinely run five to six, and two different sets of players with entirely different tastes. DMing both is sometimes a challenge, but I enjoy the intellectual stimulation.

I aspire to be an avid contributor to this forum, and if anyone has any questions or remarks, please feel free to post me or send me an e-mail. Though, keep in mind that if you are in - or visiting - the Vancouver area that any beefs should be kept in check. I'm not a small man (6'8", 265 lbs) and I have been known to respond to stress in the same mode as a Wookie.

bright candles, fine reading, and a good flagon of sack to all ye upstart crows.

Stonwülfe
Go to Top of Page

Ozzalum
Learned Scribe

USA
277 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2008 :  19:25:17  Show Profile  Visit Ozzalum's Homepage Send Ozzalum a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've never seen a "I'll rip your arms off if you cross me" introduction on a forum.

Not that there's anything wrong with that!
Don't hurt me...
Go to Top of Page

Stonwulfe
Seeker

Canada
81 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2008 :  20:35:11  Show Profile  Visit Stonwulfe's Homepage Send Stonwulfe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
lol
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2008 :  09:05:46  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Stonwulfe

Welcome to Candlekeep. Glad to have ye join us. Thy experience certainly sounds of interest and I look forward to seeing ye around the halls in discussions of lore.

Enjoy thy stay.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Zarithar
Acolyte

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2008 :  15:55:28  Show Profile  Visit Zarithar's Homepage Send Zarithar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello all, I'm another longtime fan of the Forgotten Realms... my first introduction to the setting was the old boxed set with the horseman on the cover accompanied by the firs book in the Moonshae trilogy, however it was Icewind Dale that truly piqued my interest in the setting.

I haven't played a traditional AD&D game in many years (around 15) but I do love my MMORPGs, WoW currently!
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2008 :  16:07:12  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nimriél, ArtMercenary, Robspieree, SH4D0VV, Stonwulfe, Zarithar! 6 new Acolytes to Candlekeep!

I have said this to many a new scribe at the gates of Candlekeep and I say it to you as well and mean it as wholeheartely as any other time before this: a most warm and friendly Welcome!

I wish you a pleasant stay herein with a bunch of great scribes, and all fine folks I asure you. So whatever you seek, you will have a good chance of finding it here - as long as it is realms related. And as long as your stay may last my Lady of the Forest smile upon thee and guide your step and the great Lord of Knowlegde and Binder of what is known may always grant you His blessings as you wander the halls of Candlekeep - and beyond!

Ergdusch

Go to Top of Page

Aravine
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2008 :  16:47:47  Show Profile  Visit Aravine's Homepage Send Aravine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to CandleKeep, all

The brave don't live forever,the cautious don't live at all
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000