Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Excerpt of the Herald!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2014 :  15:25:12  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Here is the excerpt or at least the article from where it can be downloaded.

So far I am loving it.

1 frakking more month. I am going to have two batches of beer fermented by then!

oh yeah here is the link:

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4ex/20140502

All the authors of the sundering have done a fantastic job!

Thank you all!

A wizard is Never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he Early. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to...

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1847 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2014 :  13:22:32  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's so hard to resist, but I'm waiting for next month. I don't want ANY spoilers...but thanks for being a sadistic scribe!

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

Eltheron
Senior Scribe

740 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2014 :  15:31:03  Show Profile Send Eltheron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
"The night seemed on the verge of engulfing
all, war erupted across the lands, and each day brought news of new
strangeness. Stars fell from the sky; folks proclaimed themselves
Chosen of this god and that, and gathered armed hosts to battle
other self-proclaimed Chosen; and monsters boldly stalked farm
fields and high streets night and day — pah.

’Twas like a bad dream."

I see what he did there.

Heh, Lord Ed of the Greenwood, you and your sly humor, you!

The Sundering is so powerful it broke the fourth wall, and it's like the Cormyrean nobles can hear our banter in Candlekeep! No wonder the gods themselves are terrified!

"The very best possible post-fourteenth-century Realms lets down those who love the specific, detailed social, political and magical situation, with its thousands of characters, developed over forty years, and want to learn more about it; and those who'd be open to a new one with equal depth, which there just isn't time to re-produce; and those repelled, some past the point of no return, by the bad-taste-and-plausibility gap of things done to the world when its guardianship was less careful."
--Faraer

Edited by - Eltheron on 03 May 2014 15:38:02
Go to Top of Page

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2014 :  04:35:44  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Arcanamach

It's so hard to resist, but I'm waiting for next month. I don't want ANY spoilers...but thanks for being a sadistic scribe!

oh cmon what harm is there in just this little taste. Read it for free on me

A wizard is Never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he Early. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to...
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2014 :  04:43:57  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
there are no spoilers in that chapter... it only makes you want to read more

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

Blueblade
Senior Scribe

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2014 :  03:05:33  Show Profile  Visit Blueblade's Homepage Send Blueblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eltheron, well said, but the nobles scene is what Ed read last year in Columbus, Ohio, just before GenCon.
So you might say he read our minds a year in advance, and wrote accordingly . . .

Me, I cannot WAIT for this book.

The Arcanamach, sfdragon is right; for us, there are no spoilers in this chapter, because Ed long ago told us Elminster was going to be in this book, and has said what "Weave work" he, Storm, and his descendant Amarune did from time to time, so this chapter spoils nothing.
It's what comes after that, that has me eager . . .
BB
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2014 :  14:19:59  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for sharing. Cant wait for this book.
Go to Top of Page

charger_ss24
Learned Scribe

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2014 :  21:11:55  Show Profile Send charger_ss24 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Should I catch up on the Sage of Shadowdale series before reading?
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2014 :  23:33:07  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heh. Ed's wallet might like you to, but he tells me you don't have to. There are two young supporting characters, who are a couple, that you won't be familiar with if you haven't read that trilogy - - but you can read this book as a standalone and just take them at face value when they first appear.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6662 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2014 :  06:33:31  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by charger_ss24

Should I catch up on the Sage of Shadowdale series before reading?

Yes, yes you should.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2014 :  14:53:06  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Eltheron

quote:
"The night seemed on the verge of engulfing
all, war erupted across the lands, and each day brought news of new
strangeness. Stars fell from the sky; folks proclaimed themselves
Chosen of this god and that, and gathered armed hosts to battle
other self-proclaimed Chosen; and monsters boldly stalked farm
fields and high streets night and day — pah.

’Twas like a bad dream."

I see what he did there.

Heh, Lord Ed of the Greenwood, you and your sly humor, you!

DAT quote. I wish I could sig it!

The Sundering is so powerful it broke the fourth wall, and it's like the Cormyrean nobles can hear our banter in Candlekeep! No wonder the gods themselves are terrified!

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000