Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Search for the Diamond Staff
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2014 :  02:37:20  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I profess to being ignorant of D&D Encounters. I've found reference to this series of adventures, but cannot find a dl. Can anybody point me in the right direction or give me the 411? Thanks

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2014 :  17:23:44  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You'll have to wait until WotC decides to release it for sale on dndclassics.com. Encounters seasons are designed for cooperative play and the season involving Search for the Diamond Staff is over.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2014 :  23:43:06  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Where there's a will there's a way. Just going to require more efforts.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Go to Top of Page

Eltheron
Senior Scribe

740 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2014 :  15:20:13  Show Profile Send Eltheron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have this, and would be happy to answer questions you have.

But if you're more looking for info on where to obtain it, I'm not really sure. I know that sometimes you can find old copies of D&D Encounters that are put up on E-bay, but the prices are ridiculously high. This is a later 4E adventure/series of encounters, so it might be some time before WotC licenses it to be sold.

When they do, dndclassics.com or RPGnow.com are good sites to check prices.

Importantly, "Vault of the Dracolich" was a Game-Day Encounters book that is a precursor to the Diamond Staff adventure. And it's available at RPGNow for around $5.00 or so. But I think that "Vault" was also put into one of the 5E/Next Rules "play test" packages (one of the most recent) for free. Check at the WotC site and see - it might still be be available free for a while.

"The very best possible post-fourteenth-century Realms lets down those who love the specific, detailed social, political and magical situation, with its thousands of characters, developed over forty years, and want to learn more about it; and those who'd be open to a new one with equal depth, which there just isn't time to re-produce; and those repelled, some past the point of no return, by the bad-taste-and-plausibility gap of things done to the world when its guardianship was less careful."
--Faraer

Edited by - Eltheron on 01 Mar 2014 15:20:59
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2014 :  06:30:04  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eltheron, was there a magical eleven blade that functioed as a hat of disguise somewhere in this mod?

Misanthorpe

Go to Top of Page

Eltheron
Senior Scribe

740 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2014 :  23:06:32  Show Profile Send Eltheron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fellfire

Eltheron, was there a magical eleven blade that functioed as a hat of disguise somewhere in this mod?

I read through it again just now, and I don't see anything like that in here.

"The very best possible post-fourteenth-century Realms lets down those who love the specific, detailed social, political and magical situation, with its thousands of characters, developed over forty years, and want to learn more about it; and those who'd be open to a new one with equal depth, which there just isn't time to re-produce; and those repelled, some past the point of no return, by the bad-taste-and-plausibility gap of things done to the world when its guardianship was less careful."
--Faraer
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2014 :  07:27:33  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This has bubbled up again. I am still searching for a PDF of Search for the Diamond Staff. Anybody, can you help me out?

Misanthorpe

Go to Top of Page

Derulbaskul
Senior Scribe

Singapore
408 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2014 :  08:10:55  Show Profile Send Derulbaskul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Legally? No.

Cheers
D

NB: Please remember: A cannon is a big gun. Canon is what we discuss here.
Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2014 :  12:31:11  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Your best (and probably only) bet will be dndclassics. It'll be released there when WotC say it can be.

Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2015 :  13:00:39  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Still searching high and low for this one. Anybody know where to find it?

Misanthorpe

Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2015 :  11:42:06  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It still hasn't been released to the public yet.

Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2015 :  15:13:24  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's cool. I downloaded 15 viruses, but I found it.

Misanthorpe

Go to Top of Page

Drustan Dwnhaedan
Learned Scribe

USA
324 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2015 :  17:03:28  Show Profile Send Drustan Dwnhaedan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fellfire

It's cool. I downloaded 15 viruses, but I found it.

Well, I hope it was worth it.
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2015 :  17:17:31  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm allergic to penicillin, but I will be fine. Thank you.

Misanthorpe

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000