Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Darzalstaukh, the City of Dark Dreams
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kusghuul
Acolyte

Norway
33 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2014 :  18:42:45  Show Profile Send Kusghuul a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Does anyone know anything about Darzalstaukh? I found it mentioned in Unapproachable East, but it goes unmentioned in the Underdark. It's mentioned as being an isolationist city in the Underdark under Rashemen, with duergar being spotted east of Lake Mulsantir. It's clearly not Fraaszummdin even though Fraaszummdin is exactly where Darzalstaukh should be, but there's a discrepancy there, as Fraaszummdin is mentioned as being closest to the Trun’zoyl’zl district of Undrek’Thoz, but looking at the map shows it's closest to Nanitaran, with Trun’zoyl’zl being the furthest away.

Kusghuul
Acolyte

Norway
33 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2014 :  13:41:09  Show Profile Send Kusghuul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anyone?
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2014 :  16:14:09  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry sir but I'm completely clueless about this city...I've never heard of it (or I don't remember coming across mention of it anywhere).

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2014 :  16:24:50  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
IMO, I would say the discrepancy is with the placement of Fraaszummdin, and I would follow the text rather then the map (maps tend to have a lot of errors people never notice).

Which means the city depicted is actually Darzalstaukh, and Fraaszummdin would be to the south, thus making all available canon text correct.

Something like this.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Kusghuul
Acolyte

Norway
33 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2014 :  17:44:34  Show Profile Send Kusghuul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks so much Markus! I agree with your conclusion, especially as you're a mapping genius;)

Great to see you're still active - I remember you from the pre-4th edition WotC boards (My username was Khaelieth)!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000