Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Seattle Area Forgotten Realms Game
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2013 :  01:17:42  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hey folks! My plans for moving to Washington State are now complete, and the move is ready...

Now for the fun part!

I've got an online game I'm running (half-arsed at the moment because of the move and other factors); but I want to play in a face to face game when I move to Lacey WA. Yeah, I know, I said Seattle...but you would be amazed at the number of people (who live in Washington no less!) don't know much about Lacey.

Anyway...on to the meat: I want to run an Old Grey Box era (as in forget all you know that came after!) AD&D game when I get settled in. Most likely, if the owner (Gabby) of Olympic Cards and Comics has space, I'll run the game there...but that is only because I like Gabby so much! If no room, will either run at my house or rent a conference room to run the game.

Anyone who might be interested in playing in this game, please get in touch with me.

Then there is an ALSO!

I want to PLAY in a game as well. If anyone here might know of a game that has a seat open for a fella perfectly willing to bring along a bottle of fine uisce beatha (that is "Water of Life"...or Whiskey!) for the wonderful patron that would have me!

Talk to you all soon!

EDIT:

Found this great recipe:

Derry Derby
By Phil Mauro of Rye in San Francisco

2 fl. oz. Paddy Irish Whiskey
.75 fl. oz. Fresh Grapefruit Juice
.5 fl. oz. Honey
2 dashes Bittermens Boston Bittahs

Shake all ingredients with ice and fine strain (to remove pulp) into a cocktail glass.

I haven't tried it yet...but it looks good!

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!

Edited by - Dalor Darden on 15 Mar 2013 01:21:53

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2013 :  14:48:05  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry, that's about 3500 miles too far away :P
Go to Top of Page

Old Man Harpell
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2013 :  19:51:33  Show Profile Send Old Man Harpell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lacey/Olympia/Tumwater - that's a relief, I was about to offer you my deepest condolences for being stranded in the...Emerald...City...

As a lifelong resident of the Puget Sound region, I welcome you to our little neck of the woods here in volcano country.

- OMH
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2013 :  20:37:56  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks OMH...I've lived there for a number of years prior to now...and my wife is from the area. It is more like coming home for us. lol

Interested in a game?

Go to Top of Page

Old Man Harpell
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2013 :  22:06:57  Show Profile Send Old Man Harpell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Games are something that I'm rarely not interested in. I would suggest, that unless someone else from the region joins us in this scroll, that the community will appreciate us using PM's to make arrangements and such.
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7971 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2013 :  01:20:46  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Vancouver, BC, Canada ... not so far from Seattle Lacey, Washington ... basically about 70-90 minutes of driving and "Roll Twice On Special Table II: Border Delays" minutes of border crossing. I'm not really sure if the commute is worthwhile, unless the gaming sessions are particularly awesome or enduring.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2013 :  01:50:50  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That would be a tall order perhaps Ayrik!

I'm a good face to face DM though...pretty full of myself though, so I could be biased!

Once I get settled...I'll see who might still be interested depending on where I play the game. I'm all about supporting my local gaming store, so my first inclination is at Olympic Cards and Comics in Lacey.

Never know what may happen though.

Go to Top of Page

Old Man Harpell
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2013 :  03:49:32  Show Profile Send Old Man Harpell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

Vancouver, BC, Canada ... not so far from Seattle Lacey, Washington ... basically about 70-90 minutes of driving and "Roll Twice On Special Table II: Border Delays" minutes of border crossing. I'm not really sure if the commute is worthwhile, unless the gaming sessions are particularly awesome or enduring.

90 minutes to Lacey from Vancouver?? Ayrik, be careful on I-5 if you're making time like that...Washington State Patrol has been exceedingly unforgiving of late (quota time at the precinct or some such). Google puts drive time at 3 hours 24 minutes, and that's just city to city. From my home in Tacoma to Lacey is a solid 40 minutes, and that's with a good flow of traffic.

- OMH
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7971 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2013 :  16:35:36  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm. Well my home is so close to the border that I could probably sneeze across it. But yeah, Seattle might be closer to 2-3 hours I suppose. I haven't actually gone that far that way for a long time. Seattle proper is kinda smallish, while the Seattle sprawl is kinda largish, it might take an hour to commute from Bellevue to Tacoma, judging by the maps - the same applies to Vancouver.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2014 :  08:10:26  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anyone still interested in this?

Go to Top of Page

Mapolq
Senior Scribe

Brazil
466 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2014 :  13:37:48  Show Profile Send Mapolq a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately, it's a continent or two too much for me to commute to. You should consider our NWN2 game after you're settled in, though.

Never sleep under the jackfruit tree.

Tales of Moonsea - A Neverwinter Nights 2 Persistent World. Check out our website at http://www.talesofmoonsea.com and our video trailer at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am304WqOAAo&feature=youtu.be, as well as our thread here at Candlekeep: http://www.forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12955

My campaign thread: http://www.forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16447
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2014 :  03:52:58  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mapolq

Unfortunately, it's a continent or two too much for me to commute to. You should consider our NWN2 game after you're settled in, though.

I really want to play in that game Mapolq! The only stopping point for me right now is my computer is so slow and I haven't upgraded...I'm on a laptop since we moved from Virginia to Washington.

That, and I'm afraid I would get totally sucked in and neglect my new start-up...I have to keep myself on track and avoid as much distraction as possible. Tentative launch of my Kickstarter is end of March/Early April (I just had to push it back a week today!).

Go to Top of Page

Mapolq
Senior Scribe

Brazil
466 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2014 :  13:38:08  Show Profile Send Mapolq a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't worry... we hope to be around for a long time, so get the changes in your life sorted out and then I'll pester you again.

Never sleep under the jackfruit tree.

Tales of Moonsea - A Neverwinter Nights 2 Persistent World. Check out our website at http://www.talesofmoonsea.com and our video trailer at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am304WqOAAo&feature=youtu.be, as well as our thread here at Candlekeep: http://www.forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12955

My campaign thread: http://www.forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16447
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000