Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Tieflings & Cormyr: New Farideh book
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ErinMEvans
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2014 :  23:08:10  Show Profile  Visit ErinMEvans's Homepage Send ErinMEvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi all,

I was just reminded that I never posted this here! The next Farideh/Brimstone Angels book (EDIT for author fail:) which is called Fire in the Blood, is now available for pre-order, Goodreads adds, and general speculation. It will come out in hardcover this fall and paperback (I think) the following spring. Here's teh sell text and some links.

"SCRIBE- award-winning author, Erin M. Evans, continues the riveting tale of her Sundering character, Farideh, as she becomes embroiled in a Forgotten Realms-flavored game of thrones.

In a direct follow-up to the third book in the Sundering series, The Adversary, young warlock Farideh falls into the midst of a battle for the throne of Cormyr. As the war brought on by the Sundering rages across Faerûn, princes and princesses, wizards and rogues scheme to capture the seat of power of the Land of the Purple Dragon—with Farideh and her allies caught squarely in the middle."

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/19288530-fire-in-the-blood
http://www.amazon.com/Fire-Blood-Erin-M-Evans/dp/0786965290/" target="_blank"> http://www.amazon.com/Fire-Blood-Erin-M-Evans/dp/0786965290/
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/fire-in-the-blood-erin-m-evans/1117655172?ean=9780786965298

www.slushlush.com

Edited by - ErinMEvans on 16 Feb 2014 05:03:07

Kilvain
Acolyte

6 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2014 :  03:04:53  Show Profile  Visit Kilvain's Homepage Send Kilvain a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations! I'll have to add that one to my list of books to buy. I've enjoyed the series quite a lot so far. I did feel sorry for poor Farideh in The Adversary though. She just can't seem to catch a break!

Is that the final cover art? Looks nice.

My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

Edited by - Kilvain on 16 Feb 2014 03:07:00
Go to Top of Page

Tarlyn
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2014 :  04:54:39  Show Profile Send Tarlyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good to hear that Farideh and company will be getting another novel.

Tarlyn Embersun
Go to Top of Page

ErinMEvans
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2014 :  05:05:16  Show Profile  Visit ErinMEvans's Homepage Send ErinMEvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks folks!

quote:
Originally posted by Kilvain

Congratulations! I'll have to add that one to my list of books to buy. I've enjoyed the series quite a lot so far. I did feel sorry for poor Farideh in The Adversary though. She just can't seem to catch a break!

Is that the final cover art? Looks nice.

That's the final cover art, though as usual I suspect that the layout (title size, maybe font/design, etc.) may change by the time of publication. The artist is Min Yum, who also did the Lesser Evils cover.

This is also likely the only cover where you will see Farideh in a dress. :p

www.slushlush.com
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2014 :  11:16:58  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can't wait to add this one to the list of awesome Erin books!

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Madpig
Learned Scribe

Finland
148 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2014 :  07:07:45  Show Profile Send Madpig a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh noes, only bad thing about this is loooong waiting time ;) But glad that new books have been anounced. Waiting for more Cale though...
Go to Top of Page

Vyrdallen
Acolyte

10 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2014 :  10:30:04  Show Profile Send Vyrdallen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just finishing Adversary this is one I am looking forward to reading.
Go to Top of Page

ErinMEvans
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2014 :  00:45:54  Show Profile  Visit ErinMEvans's Homepage Send ErinMEvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks all!

It's going to end up being two months faster than my usual pace. You are not going to get a book out of me any faster than that!

www.slushlush.com
Go to Top of Page

Caolin
Senior Scribe

769 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2014 :  03:29:00  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So is this the next novel after Ed's the Herald? If so that's 4 months between releases. I really really hope they start increasing the amount of novels published.

I'm looking forward to this btw!
Go to Top of Page

ErinMEvans
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2014 :  03:31:43  Show Profile  Visit ErinMEvans's Homepage Send ErinMEvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Caolin

So is this the next novel after Ed's the Herald? If so that's 4 months between releases. I really really hope they start increasing the amount of novels published.

There's another Drizzt book in August (Rise of the King, I think). So still every 2 months for the moment.

www.slushlush.com
Go to Top of Page

Caolin
Senior Scribe

769 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2014 :  05:07:32  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ErinMEvans

quote:
Originally posted by Caolin

There's another Drizzt book in August (Rise of the King, I think). So still every 2 months for the moment.

Oh! So there's a Drizzt book in March AND August? That totally passed through my radar.
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2014 :  08:23:18  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, it's in Cormyr so I better add it to my list. :)

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

ErinMEvans
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2014 :  22:40:04  Show Profile  Visit ErinMEvans's Homepage Send ErinMEvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Grenemyer

Well, it's in Cormyr so I better add it to my list. :)

Oh, nota bene (although it may not apply to you specifically): for best results, you should at least read The Adversary before Fire in the Blood.

www.slushlush.com
Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1624 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2014 :  19:18:59  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah!
Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1624 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2014 :  19:20:18  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is the story set after the sundering is over or is the sundering still going on?
Go to Top of Page

Euranna
Learned Scribe

USA
219 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2014 :  03:31:25  Show Profile Send Euranna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The new Drizzt novel is still during the Sundering, so maybe still during?
Go to Top of Page

ErinMEvans
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2014 :  05:32:08  Show Profile  Visit ErinMEvans's Homepage Send ErinMEvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gyor

Is the story set after the sundering is over or is the sundering still going on?

Still during. It runs roughly from the end of The Adversary to the time The Sentinel begins.

www.slushlush.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000