Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 A way to get novels signed/autographed ?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HardKano
Learned Scribe

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2014 :  21:46:44  Show Profile  Visit HardKano's Homepage Send HardKano a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi folks,

I know RA Salvatore offer a website with e-signing offers.

Right now, I would like to order Ed Greenwood 'Sage of Shadowdale' series Hardcover(Elminster must die, Bury Elminster deep & Elminster enraged) signed for my personal collection (about 80-85% of total Realms novels so far).

Also, every authors i can find a way to get their novels(not ebooks) signed via web purchase or personal contact to encourage them would be appreciated too !

Actually I'm not on a goal to get ALL Realms novels signed in my collection, just starting this path to improve it with recent novels and its sure if i can meet authors to get more signed in the future ... why not ! (But I'm far from everywhere here : QC, Canada)

I've seen some people selling them the double price on ebay, but i don't like the idea, i prefer encourage authors to the source. I have in mind to keep my collection for my whole life and my Girlfriend now live with and a future Realms lore for my kid(s) (not yet in process) ;)

Thank you in advance to everyone who can help me in this personal Quest for the best of the Realms !

There is only one thing that will never change : Evolution

Edited by - HardKano on 09 Feb 2014 23:28:12

Kentinal
Great Reader

4687 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2014 :  22:04:35  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well the best why clearly would appear to ask Ed for signed print, not sure of the value of an electronic sighed ebook would be.

If you are on a quest to have all of your purchases signed you might be best served by contacting WotC. They might be able to arrange something for you.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

HardKano
Learned Scribe

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2014 :  23:20:18  Show Profile  Visit HardKano's Homepage Send HardKano a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for answering me, it will help me explain things. Maybe i didn't told things right. *will update first post*

I don't want a ebooks. I want to buy Hardcovers or Paperback books (depend on availability) signed by authors. I don't search all books to be signed, just ones i can find by buying it new and autographed before shipped.

Edited by - HardKano on 09 Feb 2014 23:20:43
Go to Top of Page

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2014 :  14:04:13  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I do esignings with each new release and have a standing method to get a signed copy of whatever books I have in print:

http://paulskemp.com/contact/autographed-books/
Go to Top of Page

Light
Learned Scribe

Australia
231 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2014 :  14:27:45  Show Profile Send Light a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I used to forge my mother's signature back in high school. Maybe you could do that?

PS: I also like Paul's triple post. I get a vibe he might do e-signings.

"A true warrior needs no sword" - Thors (Vinland Saga)

Edited by - Light on 10 Feb 2014 14:31:10
Go to Top of Page

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2014 :  14:37:19  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Light

I used to forge my mother's signature back in high school. Maybe you could do that?

PS: I also like Paul's triple post. I get a vibe he might do e-signings.

I I I don't don't don't get get get it it it? :-)

In other news: Duplicate posts deleted! Take that, Net Gremlins!
Go to Top of Page

HardKano
Learned Scribe

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2014 :  17:17:52  Show Profile  Visit HardKano's Homepage Send HardKano a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mr Kemp for the link !

Go to Top of Page

HardKano
Learned Scribe

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2014 :  01:02:46  Show Profile  Visit HardKano's Homepage Send HardKano a Private Message  Reply with Quote
email sent Paul ! :)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000