Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 The Grey box....
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2014 :  19:03:00  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I recent came into possession of a near mint copy of Forgotten Realms Campaign Set for what felt like a steal. It was such a steal I was compelled to insist the owner take twice what he was asking for it.

Now many Realms fans may say to squirrel it away and keep it safe. Others might say to sell it on ebay. Or still would probably say to start using it.

I feel differently. I see this as an opportunity. I see this as my chance to read it again, slowly and carefully, cover to cover. A chance to discard the burdens past mistakes and detox from the venom of edition changes. To find new meaning and new adventure, to start fresh.

I don't think Next will be for me, but I think this little Grey box just might be the thing. I hope you will join me.

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2014 :  19:18:26  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hear, hear! Congrats on your find, and I know you'll savor it!
Go to Top of Page

Apex
Learned Scribe

USA
229 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2014 :  19:46:30  Show Profile  Visit Apex's Homepage Send Apex a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congrats. I had a similar thing happen to me a couple years ago with Forgotten Realms Adventures. I bought a copy (listed in good condition) on ebay to replace my first print copy that had seen better days. When I opened the box, it turned out the Adventures book was essentially brand new. It smelled new and even had that new book crackle when I opened it.

I agree with your decision, nostalgia is a wonderful thing.
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2014 :  20:03:56  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have much love for Forgotten Realms Adventures.

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2014 :  20:49:12  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SirUrza

I have much love for Forgotten Realms Adventures.

Ditto... It was that book that really opened my eyes to how much the Realms had to offer.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2014 :  20:51:48  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Love the old school grey box. Ed's adventures in them are the bomb diggity too! It'd be awesome if they had him do that for a 5E Realms book. Maybe with a couple of those extra levels of the Haunted Halls. ;)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000