Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 BIG Question/Favor for those attending GenCon
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1847 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2013 :  21:25:52  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Will anyone be filming any of the seminars? Especially those covering the Sundering and DnD Next? Is it even allowed? I hate that I can't attend to watch them myself.

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.

Lord Bane
Senior Scribe

Germany
479 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2013 :  21:47:54  Show Profile Send Lord Bane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I too would very much appreciate any filming done to show those unable to attend what was spoken about.

The driving force in the multiverse is evil, for it forces good to act.
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2013 :  21:53:07  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Filming more than a short portion of a seminar at GenCon generally requires permission from the organizer of the event and/or convention itself, particularly if you don't have press credentials. Matt James knows way more about this stuff than I do, though.

The Fate of FR panel is probably going to be filmed by WotC, though. Not sure what we have set up for the Candlekeep gathering.
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1847 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2013 :  04:18:38  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I expect major SPOILER threads during and after GenCon from you lucky buggers who are attending.

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

Dark Wizard
Senior Scribe

USA
830 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2013 :  21:55:17  Show Profile Send Dark Wizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WotC live-streamed their keynote and author panel last year. I expect they will continue this year in order to build on their momentum for The Sundering. All the news about the upcoming event and products is gearing up for Gen Con. They will likely have even more events recorded. Other companies may do so as well.

Also, in terms of general Gen Con coverage, Gamerati is going to take photos and video of the convention, a mix of regular games, designers, events and panels if they can. http://gamerati.com/gen-con-2013-photos-videos/

I know of at least one person is going to Gen Con with Google Glass (having clarified filming permission in certain parts of the convention grounds with GenCon admin), so portions of their experience will be recorded and posted up to G+/YouTube. As devices become smaller with improved functionality, connectivity and charge times, we will see more and more coverage of such events.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000