Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 After life
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Cyric
Senior Scribe

Norway
388 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2004 :  13:33:42  Show Profile  Visit Cyric's Homepage Send Cyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
it sounds like somthing sheakspear could have wroten.
Go to Top of Page

jebeddo
Seeker

Canada
69 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2004 :  22:54:31  Show Profile  Visit jebeddo's Homepage Send jebeddo a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I WANNA GO TO GARL GLITTERGOLD'S REALM AFTER I DIE!!! THINK OF ALL THE TRICKS WE ARE GONNA PLAY ON ONE ANOTHER AND ALL THE GEMS WE'LL CUT!!!! JOY!!!

"Only half-orcs rush in where devas fear to tread."
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2004 :  01:16:44  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hah! Glittergold is amateur stuff. Shadowkeep is a place you want to be when you die. All you do in your after-life is just stalk, rob and assassinate other followers of Mask in his domain all day. Lol.

"Trust in the shadows, for the bright way makes you an easy target." -Mask
Go to Top of Page

jebeddo
Seeker

Canada
69 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2004 :  03:09:07  Show Profile  Visit jebeddo's Homepage Send jebeddo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DDH_101

Hah! Glittergold is amateur stuff. Shadowkeep is a place you want to be when you die. All you do in your after-life is just stalk, rob and assassinate other followers of Mask in his domain all day. Lol.

You insulted my god! You...you... *meteor swarm*!!! wait a minute... I'm level 10...sniff...lol

"Only half-orcs rush in where devas fear to tread."
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2004 :  03:34:32  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cyric

i wonder what happens with a faithful one in the after life and in the realms of the gods what is there towns..., could one travel there ?
And these armys they have what types of people\things are in them and could one die in the after life ?
I know about the servants of Death(from the prince of lies) a bit any way, but there must be more. Is that what the after life is being a servant ?

My version of it is this

When a character dies he goes to the Fugues Plane where he is either picked up by his patron deity or if he doesnt have one then hes sent to be judged by Kelemvor.

Assuming hes one of the faithful the soul is taken to the Deitys home realm where its transformed into an outsider what outsider depends on the strength of the soul and what the alignment of the deity is. For example lets say Bob a 4th level Paladin of Tyr dies and is sent to the Tyrs realm in the outer planes, Tyr is Lawful Good so his outsiders would be Archons or Angel. Bobs soul strength is = to his character level which in this case is 4 he would be reborn as a Outsider with a CR no greater than 4 in this case Bob the 4th level Paladin would be reborn as a Hound Archon (A hound Archon has a CR of 4). Now lets say that Bob was actually a 7th level Paladin, then he'd still be transfomed into a Hound Archon because there arent any Archons with a CR of 7 however bob would get to keep 3 levels of Paladin in Effect Bob would be reborns as a Hound Archon with 3 levels of Paladin

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks

Edited by - Dargoth on 04 May 2004 03:36:15
Go to Top of Page

Chyron
Learned Scribe

Hong Kong
279 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2004 :  09:42:25  Show Profile  Visit Chyron's Homepage Send Chyron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not to post out of topic (at least geographically), but I recall reading the Greyhawk Series about The Justicar some years back.

M
I
N
O
R

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

They picked up a Sphinx companion during “White Plume Mountain” and at some point (I believe in “Queen of the Demonweb Pits”) she is killed. She was a lover of knowledge and sort of a scribe and thus ends up being sent to work a type of celestial librarian in her patron’s realm (a fate of ultimate boredom from which her friends must rescue her). After reading that somewhat comical event I began to wonder if spending eternity with your deity is really all that it is cracked up to be.

Forever on guard in the realm of Helm?

Perhaps the faithful of Mystra just become part of the weave (the part that cantrips come from)?

Are Torm’s disciples given chores of checking duty rosters?

Will the faithful druids go on to become a shrubbery?

Maybe the afterlife for any deity can be seen as just another form of ‘hell’.

Just My Thoughts
Chyron :)

Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2004 :  11:16:55  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not so

If a cleric of your deity casts a Summon monster or Gate spell then you can enter the Prime material and your not around for ever as eventually your absorbed into the Diety's essense

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page