Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 MUD
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bionic Man
Acolyte

39 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2013 :  15:47:09  Show Profile Send Bionic Man a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Let me start by saying that I'm not sure I am posting this in the right area. If not, I apologize in advance.

Does anybody here play any Forgotten Realms based MUDs? I'm looking for one that is pretty much rp based.

Thanks.

It's a ::rolls dice:: pleasure to meet you!

TBeholder
Great Reader

2419 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2013 :  16:04:49  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
NWN?

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page

Bionic Man
Acolyte

39 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2013 :  17:08:44  Show Profile Send Bionic Man a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pardon my ignorance, but I thought that nwn was graphics based video game.

Thanks.

Go to Top of Page

silverwolfer
Senior Scribe

789 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2013 :  17:40:44  Show Profile Send silverwolfer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, the ignorance isn't based on you not knowing a game, but rather assuming we know what you mean by MUD. Can you please explain what MUD means ?
Go to Top of Page

Bionic Man
Acolyte

39 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2013 :  19:28:50  Show Profile Send Bionic Man a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry if my reply came off snarky. I was sincerely being apologetic.

When I think of a mud, I usually think of text based.

Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2013 :  14:37:49  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I play Forgotten Kingdoms.

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2013 :  14:59:39  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There used to be a quite-excellent FR-based MUD called Faerun.org, but they were cease-and-desisted long ago.
Go to Top of Page

rangerstranger
Seeker

USA
54 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2013 :  16:28:59  Show Profile Send rangerstranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
MUD = Multi-User Domain... the 'D' can also mean Dungeon.
Go to Top of Page

Matt James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2013 :  18:36:44  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Like the old MajorMUD (loved that game). Those rare sites that are running Telnet BBSs are few these days. I'm not sure of any that are running a FR MUD.
Go to Top of Page

Mirtek
Senior Scribe

595 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2013 :  21:03:39  Show Profile Send Mirtek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bionic Man

Pardon my ignorance, but I thought that nwn was graphics based video game.

Thanks.

Wasn't NWN the original FR MUD before they then used the name for the graphic based games?
Go to Top of Page

Cbad285
Learned Scribe

160 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2013 :  08:36:45  Show Profile Send Cbad285 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Theres a place called nexxuschat or the keep. both are about the same. its a predominant mudbased, text site that runs the gauntlet of rps. you can join up and search around for fr players/ dnd players or try and recruit from the candlekeep. if yer down to dm, im down to play anytime.

http://nexxushost.com/

"Beware the Dream Fever!"

Edited by - Cbad285 on 12 Jul 2013 08:38:36
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000