Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Imaskar banning of the gods spell
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nicolai Withander
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1093 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2013 :  09:35:12  Show Profile Send Nicolai Withander a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello...

Im sure this have been asked many times before, but I cant find it, and have forgotten whatever I have learned before!

So please... Can anyone remember the (most) official name of the Imaskar spell that blocked out the gods?

Thanks

TheHermit
Seeker

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2013 :  12:43:32  Show Profile  Visit TheHermit's Homepage Send TheHermit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nicolai Withander

So please... Can anyone remember the (most) official name of the Imaskar spell that blocked out the gods?

My brain tells me it's referred to as either the Godsward or the Godswall, but I don't have any real source in front of me to confirm that.

- "Glitz & Klax's Potions & Elixirs"/"The Sandmen", Inside Ravens Bluff, The Living City; 1990; TSR, Inc.
- "The Far Guardians' Traveler's Mission", Port of Ravens Bluff; 1991, TSR, Inc.
- "Signs Painted", Polyhedron #70; April, 1992; TSR, Inc.
- Communications Director, Coliseum of Comics, Orlando, FL - http://coliseumofcomics.com/
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2013 :  13:08:34  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well it would appear that Godsward is likely the correct answer. Seach directed me to this link: http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16732

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11701 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2013 :  14:32:38  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
you'll probably find just as many references (if not more) calling it the godswall.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2013 :  16:30:49  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I checked Powers and Pantheons, which has a complete write-up of the history of the Mulhorandi and Untheric pantheons, and no specific name is given. It's just referred to as a "magical barrier." The process of creating is is called "permanently closed all connections between those lands and the Realms." So it doesn't look like it has a specific name.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

Nicolai Withander
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1093 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2013 :  21:54:30  Show Profile Send Nicolai Withander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all the answers! I didn't think it had a name. But im going to go with The Godsward!!!

Thnaks again!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000