Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Is There a Future for the Eminence? (Spoilers)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2013 :  12:25:29  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

He didn’t “construct” his body replacements; his former master did. Anyway, as to his death, it’s just as I said before: he had liches in their group and he had unearthed some rare necromantic lore that helped empower his magical arsenal. It wouldn’t be a wonder if he somehow managed to create a phylactery of his own, either through the knowledge imparted by his own liches or through the books he hoarded.

Ok, so someone constructed his body... I'm imagining with his lore he can pretty much construct spares. I remember liking the Eminence idea when I read it in the 4e realms, but then I quit buying anything else 4e related, so I don't know the whole backstory behind Lod other than what I read in this novel or on these forums. So, it sounds like we're pretty much both in agreement, he's probably got some means to "soul transfer" should he die. My take if I were to use it in a campaign would be he's got a pre-constructed "spare body" that his essence goes to should he die, and he can only have one of such at any given time, so his immediate need after death is to hunt down whatever components he requires to make a new body (i.e. kill a dragon of X size to take its tail, slay a powerful human mage for his torso, etc...)

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000