Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 What Exactly Is the Sundering? (Conjectures)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2013 :  07:15:39  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic

A few months from now, we would know the answer to this question. While waiting (impatiently), let’s thrown in our conjectures and discuss pertinent issues about this yet another RSE.

The blurbs of the first three novels of the six-book Sundering series all allude to the involvement of Shade. Will Shade Enclave then play a key role in this event? Or Shar? Perhaps a Shadowstorm in whole new level?

Given that Ed is given the honor and privilege to take the helm in this project, I’m having a feeling Mystra will again play a heavy-handed part. But in what manner? Maybe the destruction of the Weave and Mystra’s death have disrupted the time stream or space-time continuum to the point that all timelines now co-exist at the same time. It will make sense, especially if the authors wish to write in different centuries (or editions). It’s sort of an unending time travel or time shift, but unlike in many books that utilize this concept, the characters have less control in what century they’d be implanted in. In a way, it will also “undo” the deaths of several lost gods.

Every beginning has an end.

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2013 :  13:10:15  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
NEVERMIND.

I erased a bit of a mini-rant.

When I hear the names of ANY of the USE's (Universe-shaking events) they've come up with in the past few years - Spellplague, Abyssal Plague, Rise of the Underdark, etc...

I only think of them in terms of a 'marketing ploy', and NOT in terms of the setting itself. Its not about The Realms anymore, its about generating numbers.

So at the end of the day, it really doesn't matter what The Sundering is about, because it has very little to do with the world we love, and everything to do with the one we try to escape from.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 17 Mar 2013 13:20:39
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3567 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2013 :  13:45:49  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

NEVERMIND.

I erased a bit of a mini-rant.

When I hear the names of ANY of the USE's (Universe-shaking events) they've come up with in the past few years - Spellplague, Abyssal Plague, Rise of the Underdark, etc...

I only think of them in terms of a 'marketing ploy', and NOT in terms of the setting itself. Its not about The Realms anymore, its about generating numbers.

So at the end of the day, it really doesn't matter what The Sundering is about, because it has very little to do with the world we love, and everything to do with the one we try to escape from.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=Otm4RusESNU&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DOtm4RusESNU

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2013 :  13:57:25  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I'll cross the bridge when I get there. Getting pissed off by something that might or might not be is a waste of energy.

I understand that one way or another, people's feelings about RSEs in general will color their judgement about what Sundering truly is. Though I'm hoping we'll at least try to shun from the ranting and present some viable conjectures instead.

Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2013 :  14:17:20  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I frankly thought it was a bit soon for another RSE but since its here and seems to be helmed by some very competent people I wont complain.
The feeling I got from the few novels that hint at this like the neverwinter series or in Brimstone angels 2 Lesser evils was that it will indeed heavily involve Shade perhaps even to the extent of them being banished( though I hope not). Probably Asomendus will lose some of his divine power and hopefully his hold over the tieflings.
Its a pity that the dragonborn will no longer be around but perhaps some enclaves might survive the Sundering.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2013 :  14:38:43  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thauranil

Perhaps even to the extent of them being banished(though I hope not).
Hopefully not.

Anyway, were the Shadovar princes involved in The Last Threshold or just their lowly servants?

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11808 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2013 :  15:00:27  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Playing wild suppositions.... sounds like fun

Leira will play a major part. She will have been in hiding in preparation to retrieve something for Ao. It is the Shadow of Ao and it is currently found in a portion of Abeir that did NOT transfer over with "Returned Abeir".... specifically its at the top of the Starspire in Melauthaur... the part that breaks the firmament (or the steelsky) that covers "Returned Abeir". The shadow of ao is an artifact mentioned on pg. 210 of the 4th edition FR campaign setting and the relic is said to have the power to twin the world anew.

Leira's chosen people (the Nimbrali) were transferred to Abeir with the spellplague. Leira tasks them with finding the shadow of Ao. They discover the illusory connection in the sky to the top of the starspire. These Nimbrali also beging working with the followers of Shadow/Mask and also ironically Halruaans following Savras. The mortals find the item somehow. Then between the gods of "truths revealed", "truths twisted", and "truths hidden" (i.e. Savras, Leira, & Mask) acting through their mortal followers, the relic (the shadow of Ao) is activated such that Ao can use it to twin the world anew again. Thus, we end up with the worlds of Abil, Toreir, Abtor, and ileir.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Euranna
Learned Scribe

USA
219 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2013 :  17:12:12  Show Profile Send Euranna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As far as the Shades involvement, I can say that they have a prophecy that they believe is going to be enfolding and have been trying to get ahead of it. (pg 4 TLT)The Princes are not involved in the novel however. The illithid hive mind also has an idea of what is coming.
There is something with the Chosen of various gods, or at least favored of the gods.

I have my theories, and I am hoping it is more of Ao saying "knock it the f off you whiny little brats" to the gods and we can get back to The Realms being the Realms. I can hope.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4436 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2013 :  18:14:50  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Its a pity that the dragonborn will no longer be around but perhaps some enclaves might survive the Sundering.

I dont see why they'd be gone. It would be odd not to think that over 80+ years that some of them wouldn't have roamed rlfar and wide throughout the Realms. Really, because of Returned Abeir, it sort of sealed the Dragonborn as actual races of Faerûn.

Edited by - Diffan on 17 Mar 2013 18:17:10
Go to Top of Page

Lilianviaten
Senior Scribe

489 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2013 :  18:48:42  Show Profile Send Lilianviaten a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure that I consider the Abyssal Plague and the Rise of the Underdark to be RSEs. Did either of these leave any lasting effect on the Realms? The Lady Penitent Trilogy had a far larger impact on the drow's future in 3 books than Rise of the Underdark had with 5 or 6. As for the Abyssal Plague, the only lasting effect I can remember is that Luskan's gangs were destroyed.

That actually brings me to another question. Who runs Luskan? The Shadowbane Trilogy and the Neverwinter quartet seem to give different portrayals, so I'm not sure if the pirate captains or the street gang leaders are in charge.
Go to Top of Page

Blueblade
Senior Scribe

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2013 :  19:03:53  Show Profile  Visit Blueblade's Homepage Send Blueblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Given that Ed is given the honor and privilege to take the helm in this project, I’m having a feeling Mystra will again play a heavy-handed part."
Dennis, I think you're wrong about Ed being given the helm. From what I saw and heard at GenCon, and what various people (both inside WotC, like Wyatt and Sernett, and outside WotC, like the various Sundering authors) it's more like they're letting Ed take part, this time.
The decisions are still being made in-house. Ed's probably providing ideas, and the staffers are deciding what will happen.
For instance, we know from what James Wyatt said that all of the gods are coming back. That presumably includes Mystra. "Heavy-handed part"? I'm thinking it will be more Shar playing the heavy, with Mystra in hiding for most of the Sundering.
Ed's writing the last novel, so her return (for everyone in the Realms to know about, that is) will probably occur in its pages.
I think you consistently misread Ed. He created it all, remember? Shar and Szass Tam and Thay and Netheril, mythals and Myth Drannor and the Harpers and the Red Wizards; they are ALL his babies.
If you actually talk to Ed, or listen to him in seminars, he doesn't "play favorites" with his world. Wizards does. Presumably to chase sales. It was WotC that decided long ago that authors were to be linked to "signature characters," so Bob has a multi-book contract to write Drizzt novels, and Ed has a multi-book contract to write Elminster novels.
The way I read this is: the first novel, by Bob, is going to be what Bob was going to write about anyway, Sundering or no Sundering. He will tie it into the Sundering, sure.
Then come various novels set during the Sundering, looking over the shoulders of different protagonists for each book. Erin will write more about her newly-established tiefling character, Paul will continue with the Cale story, and Richard and Troy will use new protagonists. Ed's writing the wrapup book, so it will include some of the loose ends but will feature Elminster, because his contract is for Elminster books. I'd guess that El and Storm will be continuing with their "find and train successors" work, but the Sundering will get in the way.
And being as Paul is likely continuing with the Cale story, we'll see more of the Princes of Shade, probably significant developments (deaths). So Shar and the city of Thultanthar will play a big part. Heavy-handed? Well, you don't get much more heavy-handed than the level of magic that the Tanthul family, and Elminster, can throw around.
And everything we heard at GenCon pointed to Realms-wide war . . .
So that's my speculation. In the end, of course, we'll have to see . . .
Go to Top of Page

Old Man Harpell
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2013 :  19:15:06  Show Profile Send Old Man Harpell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diffan

quote:

I dont see why they'd be gone. It would be odd not to think that over 80+ years that some of them wouldn't have roamed rlfar and wide throughout the Realms. Really, because of Returned Abeir, it sort of sealed the Dragonborn as actual races of Faerûn.

Officially, there would be dragonborn all over the place, from the Hordelands to the Sword Coast (and perhaps even points east and south) - I would very much doubt that Ao would bother scooping up all the dragonborn that remain when he removes Tymanther and Returned Abeir. If they happen to be in those locations (and Akanul, I would imagine), sure, they'll go away, but if they aren't, they stay on Toril - simple as that.

By the same token, Abeir has no indigenous elf population. Any elves that happen to be in the 'Removed Lands' when Ao cleans house will get to provide Abeir with its very own brand new population of pointy-eared denizens.

I really don't see either scenario as being an issue. Of course, as always, I will never allow dragonborn as player characters when I run a game. But that's just me.

Markus - give it a chance, see what they give us. If it's just more of the same that we've had, I'll be right beside you, and you and Therise can flog me senseless with my own Whip Of The Grognard +5 as I repent my sins. But it may very well be a Realms that hearkens back to the OGB. If a grouchy old bastich like me is willing to see what's coming down the pike, I imagine anyone can.

- OMH
Go to Top of Page

Apex
Learned Scribe

USA
229 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2013 :  19:25:02  Show Profile  Visit Apex's Homepage Send Apex a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is it possible that we get a "reset" to the grey box through the Sundering? I could see a story that takes us back in time if you will to just before/during the ToT to stop Cyric from becoming a god (and from getting a new Mystra or killing off the dead three for instance). Nothing that has happened since would be written off as having never happened (and thus anyone could still play in any timeline), but events would be reset to just before/just after the ToT and thus around the time of the grey box/gold box. This may be a good way to bring us grogs back into the fold without completely alienating the newer players since "those" timelines wouldn't really be written out of existence (they would have still happened and without the success of the heroes in the sundering adventures (which may be optional, ie their success).
Go to Top of Page

Old Man Harpell
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2013 :  19:32:37  Show Profile Send Old Man Harpell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Apex

Is it possible that we get a "reset" to the grey box through the Sundering? I could see a story that takes us back in time if you will to just before/during the ToT to stop Cyric from becoming a god (and from getting a new Mystra or killing off the dead three for instance). Nothing that has happened since would be written off as having never happened (and thus anyone could still play in any timeline), but events would be reset to just before/just after the ToT and thus around the time of the grey box/gold box. This may be a good way to bring us grogs back into the fold without completely alienating the newer players since "those" timelines wouldn't really be written out of existence (they would have still happened and without the success of the heroes in the sundering adventures (which may be optional, ie their success).

As I understand it, the only thing that gets a 'reboot' is the geography. How this will affect the sociopolitical situations around the Realms, anyone's guess is as good as another person's is (unless you write for or work at Wizbro). But while I would like for it to unfold as you're suggesting, Wizbro has pretty much said that they're going forward in all other aspects. How 'forward' unfolds in regards to bringing happiness to us old-timers, well...we wait and see.

- OMH
Go to Top of Page

Matt James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2013 :  11:28:23  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Blueblade

"Given that Ed is given the honor and privilege to take the helm in this project, I’m having a feeling Mystra will again play a heavy-handed part."
Dennis, I think you're wrong about Ed being given the helm. From what I saw and heard at GenCon, and what various people (both inside WotC, like Wyatt and Sernett, and outside WotC, like the various Sundering authors) it's more like they're letting Ed take part, this time.
The decisions are still being made in-house. Ed's probably providing ideas, and the staffers are deciding what will happen.
For instance, we know from what James Wyatt said that all of the gods are coming back. That presumably includes Mystra. "Heavy-handed part"? I'm thinking it will be more Shar playing the heavy, with Mystra in hiding for most of the Sundering.
Ed's writing the last novel, so her return (for everyone in the Realms to know about, that is) will probably occur in its pages.
I think you consistently misread Ed. He created it all, remember? Shar and Szass Tam and Thay and Netheril, mythals and Myth Drannor and the Harpers and the Red Wizards; they are ALL his babies.
If you actually talk to Ed, or listen to him in seminars, he doesn't "play favorites" with his world. Wizards does. Presumably to chase sales. It was WotC that decided long ago that authors were to be linked to "signature characters," so Bob has a multi-book contract to write Drizzt novels, and Ed has a multi-book contract to write Elminster novels.
The way I read this is: the first novel, by Bob, is going to be what Bob was going to write about anyway, Sundering or no Sundering. He will tie it into the Sundering, sure.
Then come various novels set during the Sundering, looking over the shoulders of different protagonists for each book. Erin will write more about her newly-established tiefling character, Paul will continue with the Cale story, and Richard and Troy will use new protagonists. Ed's writing the wrapup book, so it will include some of the loose ends but will feature Elminster, because his contract is for Elminster books. I'd guess that El and Storm will be continuing with their "find and train successors" work, but the Sundering will get in the way.
And being as Paul is likely continuing with the Cale story, we'll see more of the Princes of Shade, probably significant developments (deaths). So Shar and the city of Thultanthar will play a big part. Heavy-handed? Well, you don't get much more heavy-handed than the level of magic that the Tanthul family, and Elminster, can throw around.
And everything we heard at GenCon pointed to Realms-wide war . . .
So that's my speculation. In the end, of course, we'll have to see . . .

This doesn't seem too far off. Many of the Realms freelancers are not in on the change, other than authors. WotC prefers new blood for game design, rather than using vetted Realms freelancers. My feeling (with no real evidence either way) is that Ed is an advisor, but not someone with veto power. Honestly, I'm glad it appears they are utilizing him more.

Edited by - Matt James on 18 Mar 2013 11:30:09
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11808 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2013 :  19:25:00  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just to add some further wild conjecture. Tam completes his ritual. It doesn't allow him to remake the world. Actually, it works with the device "the shadow of Ao" which is being activated by the Leirans in the space above the starspire to "twin the world anew" and separate Abeir and Toril again. He does this ritual actually in Melauthaur without knowing what the folk in the special place above the firmament are doing. What this causes to happen is that the continent of "returned abeir" permanently becomes transferred to Toril.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2013 :  14:07:31  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Ao? So it would be like nothing more than Time of Troubles Reloaded?

Go to Top of Page

Arcanus
Senior Scribe

485 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2013 :  15:35:40  Show Profile  Visit Arcanus's Homepage Send Arcanus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ao snaps his fingers and.......
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11808 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2013 :  17:33:11  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

Hmmm, another wild thought, its the "shadow of Ao" relic and its from Abeir. It causes Ao and "Anti-Ao" to come into conflict (kind of like matter and anti-matter). Ao is destroyed, but his residual energy is absorbed by all dead gods floating in the astral sea of Realmspace's Crystal Sphere. This resurrects them. It also awakens all primordials who have drifted off to sleep.

Not sure if I like the idea... but hey, we're talking free form thought here.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11808 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2013 :  17:41:58  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

Hmmm, another wild thought, its the "shadow of Ao" relic and its from Abeir. It causes Ao and "Anti-Ao" to come into conflict (kind of like matter and anti-matter). Ao is destroyed, but his residual energy is absorbed by all dead gods floating in the astral sea of Realmspace's Crystal Sphere. This resurrects them. It also awakens all primordials who have drifted off to sleep.

Not sure if I like the idea... but hey, we're talking free form thought here.

Note, the one thing I see falling out of all this is the idea that the gods (and primordials) are all now targets. If there's not just one deity over say "fire", then the death of such a deity has a lot less impact on the world. This could definitely be sacrosanct to some. I know myself, I haven't liked when certain gods were killed off (yeah, I know... people are really surprised, huh ), but that's usually because of what they're replaced by. Also, if gods can be "killed" but it also just be a temporary setback (perma-death being a lot harder for immortals), that might be a doable thing.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1624 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2013 :  14:18:40  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well rereading the blurb for the advasary on the dnd site, it appears the main character ends up in a prison camp for chosen. Weather this indicates that Faridah is a chosen or she was tossed in with the chosen for convinence sake I don't. Still the only God likely to chose her is Asmodeus, which is a frightening thought for her.

Oh and prison camp is run by Shade. Its appears likely that Shade will figure into the Story majorly for the first three novels at least, but I don't think it will for the last three (that last part is just a guess on my part)
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3567 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2013 :  15:29:46  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Just to add some further wild conjecture. Tam completes his ritual. It doesn't allow him to remake the world. Actually, it works with the device "the shadow of Ao" which is being activated by the Leirans in the space above the starspire to "twin the world anew" and separate Abeir and Toril again. He does this ritual actually in Melauthaur without knowing what the folk in the special place above the firmament are doing. What this causes to happen is that the continent of "returned abeir" permanently becomes transferred to Toril.

Hmmm and maybe as a result Tam is "sundered" into Abeir, leaving Thay as a hot bed of infighting between fairly evenly matched parties that can be a "hot spot" that is "up for grabs" for years to come.

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3567 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2013 :  15:30:04  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hmmm and maybe as a result Tam is "sundered" into Abeir, leaving Thay as a hot bed of infighting between fairly evenly matched parties that can be a "hot spot" that is "up for grabs" for years to come.

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11808 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2013 :  22:44:21  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

quote:

Yeah, that's one possibility. It could also destroy Tam's body in the feedback. It might also entrap him in the starspire and Leira deludes him into thinking he's developed his own universe, but in actuality its just a demi-plane that effectively works like a holodeck.

It might also be that the "hidden layer" of the Abyss that Eltab was lord of and that has become co-mingled with the realms has something to do with the sundering (or just shaking the "world" structure messes with the demoncysts).... and perhaps the hidden layer becomes "free" again, but perhaps many of the demons are unleashed into Thay via the River Eltar. The undead and demons go to war with one another. The demons in Thay and the demons in the Dunwood (formerly Rawlinswood) & Impiltur are two factions in the war to control the "hidden layer" between Eltab and his former general Ndulu (who has grown in power... or some other demon).

Meanwhile, Imbrar "the lost" Heltharn, uses magic to change himself from being a death knight back into a human. He explains to the people of Impiltur that he was trapped in stasis for the last few hundred years, but that the sundering released him. He has returned to rebuild the Heltharn dynasty (lost when Imbrar II died during the spellplague). The council of lords and Imbrar come into contention with one another.... civil war breaks out. In addition, over the last hundred plus years, Imbrar has spent his time not as a warrior, but rather studying magic (either as a wizard or maybe a priest of Orcus), but he hides this capability. He honed his magical skills hunting demons in the Dunwood (the ones that server Eltab and not Orcus).

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2013 :  23:47:26  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd imagine the Sundering is the separation of the two worlds of Abeir and Toril. Hopefully the gaping holes in the map are filled in and "repaired" in the process. Now all we gotta do is talk Wizards into releasing a 600 page campaign guide for 5e!
Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1624 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2013 :  13:40:42  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd love a 600 page campaign guide. I want a players book for FR as well with FR character opinions.
Go to Top of Page

Caladan Brood
Senior Scribe

Norway
410 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2013 :  14:34:54  Show Profile  Visit Caladan Brood's Homepage Send Caladan Brood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Like, "Elminster thinks gay marriage is ok" ? :p
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2013 :  15:20:01  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Caladan Brood

I'm afraid I'm not seeing how this comment relates to the discussion at hand...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3567 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2013 :  15:59:01  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Caladan Brood

Wow...that's random..... Was that meant for another scroll?

Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1624 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2013 :  16:53:36  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anyways back on topic in addition to the novels thier is an adventure with mini setting called Murder in Baldur's Gate, Sundering Adventure 1 one coming out.

I appears to be happening and related to the events of the Sundering. An ancient evil thought slain is rising again.

They call it an adventure, but it seems more, not only does it have a 32 page adventure book, its got 64 page setting book on Baldur's Gate! And a four paneled DM screen.

Not sure if that clears anything up abit about the Sundering or not yet.

So so far what we know about the Sundering is:

Abier and Toril are splitting up.

The Pantheon will be repaired aka AO is recreating the tablets of fate

Their will be war.

Shade has a hint of what's coming thanks to prophecies.

Shade is capturing Chosen on Shar's behalf for a Dastardly plot.

Mystra is returning.

Drizzt may be the Chosen of Mialiki (sorry for miss spelling that)

The Powers of Hell are invovled and in play in at least two of the novels The Godborn and the Advesary.

The Geographic and most likely the political dynamic will be changing.

While it Mulhorandi and other areas are likely returning, some stuff from Abier will stay and there will be portals between Abier and Toril.

A murder in Baldur's Gate will happen and it will be related to a evil thought slain.

Its will tie into 5e.

They are trying to return to a feel closer to the Realms roots.

Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1624 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2013 :  18:02:25  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just noticed but the second Sundering adventure is called Legacy of the Crystal Shard.

Not much is said in the Blurb, but RA Salvatore is one of the authors so its obviously a reference to the Cystal Shard from his books. How the shard impacts on the Sundering I don't know.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000