Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Elven Divine Prestige Class?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Euranna
Learned Scribe

USA
219 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2013 :  01:10:07  Show Profile Send Euranna a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I am looking for ideas for a divine caster PrC, preferably with an elven feel to it (if not specifically elven). (Mods: if this scroll is placed on the wrong shelf, I apologize). I love the idea of the Bladesinger, but I need something Divine caster based.
The character it is for is a very devote cleric of Corellon and comes from a family that is a long line of clerics.
Is there such a thing? I have not been successful as of yet. I saw the talk on the Paladin's of Corellon. I could change the character to be a Knight of Corellon, but it lacks the clerical training I am looking for.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2013 :  01:33:00  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm really interested in this now too! I've often considered the elven religions as woefully underworked!

I did have an Elven Wizard/Cleric/Mystic Theurge...but that didn't really explore the elven religion any more than anything else.

You could look in the well written Forgotten Realms Demi-Human Deities for ideas though!

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2013 :  01:53:17  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Demihuman Deities is absolutely the best source for information on, well, FR's demihuman deities. In addition to discussion of the deity's portfolio and church, each deity also gets a specialty cleric. It's 2e, though, so you'd need to do some conversion to make them PrC's.

For stuff that's already written, there's the Champion of Corellon Larethian, from RotW. It doesn't have any cleric progression, though. Probably more in line with what you want is Divine Disciple, from PGtF. It's a 5 level, full casting divine PrC that ends with you becoming a native outsider as you become more and more in tune with your god. It's deity-neutral, but definitely has that devoted feel to it.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4430 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2013 :  06:15:26  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Euranna

I am looking for ideas for a divine caster PrC, preferably with an elven feel to it (if not specifically elven). (Mods: if this scroll is placed on the wrong shelf, I apologize). I love the idea of the Bladesinger, but I need something Divine caster based.
The character it is for is a very devote cleric of Corellon and comes from a family that is a long line of clerics.
Is there such a thing? I have not been successful as of yet. I saw the talk on the Paladin's of Corellon. I could change the character to be a Knight of Corellon, but it lacks the clerical training I am looking for.

Thank you in advance for any help.

You might want to check out the PrC Seeker of the Misty Isle from Complete Divine. It continues the cleric spell list while providing bonuses to your elven traits. It also grants you the Travel and Magic domains plus some other stuff too.

Outside that: Divine Disciple, Contemplative, and Divine Theurge (assuming you don't mind a little Corellon-inspired Warlock) are pretty good choices.
Go to Top of Page

Green Giant
Seeker

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2013 :  03:55:47  Show Profile Send Green Giant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mystic Keeper of Corellon Larethian from Dragon #328 - half continued divine spellcasting, gain access to Magic domain, dodge bonus when wielding longsword and no heavy armor, imbue longsword with spell, generate ward similar to Protection domain, gain spell-like ability from list of spells granted from Corellon's domains, and spell turning with longsword.

Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2013 :  05:23:06  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have Demihuman Deities, but I've focused more on the gods themselves than the classes one can choose, being as I don't play the game much. I know about Champions of Corellon. However, I don't see why you can't come from a line of clerics.

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

Euranna
Learned Scribe

USA
219 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2013 :  06:22:17  Show Profile Send Euranna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you everyone. I have some good ideas. I have some time before I will able to take a prestige class, but these are all great ideas. It helps with a build for the character. I will be digging out Dragon #328 tomorrow (its too late tonight).

I am going to look at these suggestions and look at the flavor of the prestige class.

Go to Top of Page

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2013 :  11:04:26  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lord Karsus' Elves of Faerun has several prcs and Prestige in the Realms has the Circle Singer of Angharradh http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/prestige_classes.html
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000