Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Anyone else waiting to read
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Valmour
Acolyte

27 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2013 :  14:06:57  Show Profile Send Valmour a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Anyone else waiting to read the Last Threshold, even though they have already purchased it??

I am anxious to read it, but at the same time, I have so many other books in my FR collection to read. I think I might try to read the harper series first... Maybe a few more Elminster books...

My wife thinks I am silly

What say you

DragonReader
Senior Scribe

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2013 :  14:27:52  Show Profile  Visit DragonReader's Homepage Send DragonReader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I am waiting to read it, but mainly because I haven't read the previous 3 books. I had decided to buy them all and read when I had all 4 so I could read pretty much straight through.
Go to Top of Page

Yoss
Learned Scribe

USA
259 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2013 :  15:57:30  Show Profile Send Yoss a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My housemate thinks I'm silly, because there have been a number of books (including the Last Threshold last week while I was waiting for it to be out) where I've unsuccessfully tried to curb my incessant mention of them and how I can't wait to get my grubby mitts on them. With Realms books, I kindly remind him that hey, he's the one who got me into the setting in the first place. But he still seems to think I'm kinda silly.

I didn't wait to read that one in particular, though, even though I was only 2/3 of the way through the book I was reading before Tuesday. I'll finish that tomorrow.

Edited by - Yoss on 07 Mar 2013 15:58:35
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2013 :  20:16:12  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Haha there is a whole thread devoted to that book. However, it is full of major spoilers.

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

Tanthalas
Senior Scribe

Portugal
508 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2013 :  22:09:22  Show Profile Send Tanthalas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm waiting The Last Threshold to be delivered.

I actually have like 6 older realms books awaiting my attention, but recent releases take priority.

Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4687 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2013 :  23:20:35  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think you are silly, if for only the reason of not naming topic well. People can be waiting to read 5th Edition, or other products.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3566 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2013 :  01:45:52  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Valmour

Anyone else waiting to read the Last Threshold, even though they have already purchased it??

I am anxious to read it, but at the same time, I have so many other books in my FR collection to read. I think I might try to read the harper series first... Maybe a few more Elminster books...

My wife thinks I am silly

What say you

If the wife says your silly, you are. Case closed.

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2013 :  07:27:54  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think you are wise to wait. Good stuff is always worth waiting for.

As for me? I've only read Gauntlgrym and I'm avoiding that spoiler scroll on this shelf.

All good things in time.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Horkas Battlebeard
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2013 :  12:26:40  Show Profile Send Horkas Battlebeard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It makes me slightly sad that the mass market paperbacks are going to come out in September. I have the first three books in paperback and I know I could get the Last Threshold in hardback but I'm kind of weird in that once I get a book of a series in one style of print I like to keep to that style
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000