Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 wyn the gold elf in elfsong question
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Enagonios
Acolyte

Philippines
9 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2004 :  09:44:01  Show Profile  Visit Enagonios's Homepage Send Enagonios a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
in elfsong, only 3 bards weren't affected by the spell cast about the harper bards. Danilo Thann and the dwarven bard's reasons for not coming under the spell were explained. but not wyn's. could someone tell me why he wasn't affected either?

"I can't die young. I have a feeling the people of earth are gonna need me." -Marco from Road Trip

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2004 :  08:03:39  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good question. I don't remember if that was addressed. Maybe it was because he was a spellsinger? It was song magic, and he had power over such effects.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2004 :  14:24:19  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm...this is an intriguing question, and something I hadn't thought about since just after reading Elfsong.

I don't think I've ever read of an explanation for this anywhere...ever, not even on the Mailing List, and there are a lot of Danilo fans on the list...

Perhaps you should pose this question to Ms. Cunningham. She has been known to stop by Candlekeep from time to time, dispensing some interesting realmslore every now and then...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2004 :  15:40:49  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Perhaps you should pose this question to Ms. Cunningham. She has been known to stop by Candlekeep from time to time, dispensing some interesting realmslore every now and then...

For those interested, Elaine Cunningham also has an online site:

http://www.elainecunningham.com

I know she has an FAQ and to my knowledge, contact information as well on the site. Although, last I heard, she was very busy this year with completing various projects.
Go to Top of Page

Chris_flamehand
Acolyte

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2004 :  05:34:50  Show Profile  Visit Chris_flamehand's Homepage Send Chris_flamehand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Only the bards at silverymoon at the time the spell was cast where affected and for those saying why so many where its because it was a festival that happnes annualy which almost all the bards attend. For those not affected it was becase Wyn was late getting their, Danilo was on a mission in Tethyer and as for the dwarf I have absoulty no idea.
Go to Top of Page

Enagonios
Acolyte

Philippines
9 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2004 :  09:58:33  Show Profile  Visit Enagonios's Homepage Send Enagonios a Private Message  Reply with Quote
oh thanks. so it wasn't ALL BUT the 3 of them? just everyone that happened to attend the festival? I thought it may have affected all the bards bec. there was mention of not jsut the master bards, but some "regular" bards singing the altered songs in waterdeep. i could be mistaken though, it's been a couple of years since I read the book.

"I can't die young. I have a feeling the people of earth are gonna need me." -Marco from Road Trip
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000