Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 If it were a videogame...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2013 :  00:12:25  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I don't play video games (I know, sad), but some of the FR novels I read I thought would make a good video/computer games. I know there is Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights, but I mean ones that aren't a video game but you could see as one. The one that pops into my head is Kemp's Twilight Wars. The fight scenes and storyline would make for an awesome game, IMO.

Of course a lot of Realms books have awesome fight scenes and story line, but try and think of one or two that you would like to play if it were a video game.

This is a random topic, but there you go.

Sweet water and light laughter

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1847 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2013 :  07:29:05  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, Cormyr: A Novel would make an interesting game. Jumping back and forth from past to present and playing different people (perhaps the various Royal Wizards) would be quite kewl. Not sure how the game would be played (each wizard is of varying power level within each chapter and at least one was female while the others were male). Still, I find the concept interesting.

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

swifty
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
517 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2013 :  10:52:09  Show Profile  Visit swifty's Homepage Send swifty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A first person shooter set in thay.it would be like left 4 Dead but with sky rim like weapons.

go back to sleep america.everything is under control.heres american gladiators.watch this.shuttup. BILL HICKS.
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2013 :  11:03:55  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would love an RTS set during the Thayan civil war or maybe the Tugian invasion, that would be awesome as you could choose to play as pretty much any faction you wanted.
Go to Top of Page

Arcanus
Senior Scribe

485 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2013 :  11:42:00  Show Profile  Visit Arcanus's Homepage Send Arcanus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thauranil

I would love an RTS set during the Thayan civil war or maybe the Tugian invasion, that would be awesome as you could choose to play as pretty much any faction you wanted.

That would be a good 'Total War' type game.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2013 :  15:52:03  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alas, my favorite VG category - turned-based strategy - is practically a dead artform. I'd love to see a Heroes of Might & Magic treatment of the Realms entire. Just the thought of buying Realmsian armies and creatures and marching them across the map makes me giddy.

I always wondered why we've never seen fantasy 'sims' game, and it would be kinda cool to see an version of that (where you can zoom-in and see Elminster walking out of his tower). The whole 'sandbox' style of play appeals to me immensely.

As for V-RPG's - I wouldn't really want to see them based on a novel - that can cause continuity problems (like our endless discussions here about 'levels of canon'), simply because they can have multiple endings. I'd rather see good, Realms-based games that have their own story lines. That way, people (NPC's) and places can be made canon, but events don't have to be.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

swifty
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
517 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2013 :  17:02:34  Show Profile  Visit swifty's Homepage Send swifty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How about grand theft auto waterdeep.cart and horse jacking danilo than would be great.

go back to sleep america.everything is under control.heres american gladiators.watch this.shuttup. BILL HICKS.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2013 :  18:16:17  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Or CoD: Black Ops - The Harper Troopers (sorry Ed... had to go there).

Eilistraee's Dance Fever

Olive Ruskettle's Lute Hero

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1847 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2013 :  18:43:58  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Portal FR style.

FR version of Dragon's Lair...Mirt the Daring!

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2013 :  18:51:44  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OMG!!!

I am now picturing Mystra singing that 'portal song' right after Cyric smacked her upside her head.

"The Weave is a lie!"

I think an FR version of Myst would be pretty cool - I loved that art. If they could turn that into a free online game they might even generate a huge amount of interest in Toril (and the FR-IP).

Edited by - Markustay on 13 Feb 2013 18:54:42
Go to Top of Page

Old Man Harpell
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2013 :  22:05:25  Show Profile Send Old Man Harpell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Evermeet: Island of Elves seems like it would make an engaging video game, particularly if they kept certain elven racial outlooks towards other races (including other elves) the same as portrayed in the novel and certain game supplements.

Star Wars: The Old Republic managed to do this with a broad brush (reaction towards humans as opposed to aliens, and certain species in a couple of cases), so it seems like it would be possible.

Not to mention it would be interesting to see an artistic concept and rendering of what Evermeet looks like, particularly considering modern video art technology.

- OMH
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2013 :  22:12:39  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd definitely like to see a Skyrim type game developed that covered the Realms or portions of it.
Go to Top of Page

Bladewind
Master of Realmslore

Netherlands
1280 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2013 :  23:53:24  Show Profile Send Bladewind a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd love to see a stylish action slasher with an epic bladesinger (ala Josediah Starym) cleansing Hellgate Keep.

My campaign sketches

Druidic Groves

Creature Feature: Giant Spiders
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2013 :  00:17:54  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll settle for Balder's Gate 3 too. :)
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2013 :  13:12:15  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arcanus

quote:
Originally posted by Thauranil

That would be a good 'Total War' type game.

Exactly. It wouldn't need to follow the actual progression of the war with precision but like Total war let you bulid and conquer what you wanted.
Go to Top of Page

phranctoast
Learned Scribe

USA
151 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2013 :  13:35:42  Show Profile Send phranctoast a Private Message  Reply with Quote
An Assassins Creed Game starring young Artemis, or Riven.

A God of War type game starring Drizzt.

I'd like to see something different than the typical RPG that always rolls in.

Currently reading: Spider and Stone by Jaleigh Johnson: Sequel to Mistshore
Go to Top of Page

Bladewind
Master of Realmslore

Netherlands
1280 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2013 :  14:40:46  Show Profile Send Bladewind a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Definately agree with liking something other than an RPG for a change.

An archer 3rd person shooter set in the Dalelands, following a ranger behind zhentarim lines.

An episodic point and click adventure with a bard and/or wizard dealing with an arcane mystery.

A 3rd person high octane spellslinger action game in an open world-like realised part of Sembia (GTA style), where you can choose to become a citywrecking menace or follow an intricate storyline based out of arcane school intrigues and a fiendish mercantile plots.

My campaign sketches

Druidic Groves

Creature Feature: Giant Spiders
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000