Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Forgotten Realms Interactive Atlas on Windows 8
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bones
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2013 :  01:22:16  Show Profile Send bones a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Has anybody figured out how to make this work yet? I've tried everything I can think of. Running it as an administrator. I've tried running the compatibility troubleshooter and changing the compatibility manually in the properties. Nothing works. Please say you guys have some ideas. Kind of desperate here.

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2013 :  01:43:13  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What is the format/specs of your copy?

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Tyranthraxus
Senior Scribe

Netherlands
423 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2013 :  06:10:54  Show Profile  Visit Tyranthraxus's Homepage Send Tyranthraxus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You can try DosBox, I use it to run old games and it might also work for the FR Atlas.
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7989 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2013 :  10:21:15  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Run Windows 8 in XP mode, install DOSBox as Administrator, install the DOS program, and read the DOSBox manual to learn how to modify the shortcut command line parameters, or google it up if you prefer.

Initial install and configuration can be a mild pain, especially if you're not very computer savvy away from the Windows GUI. Not as intimidating as it might seem, and once you get a one-click shortcut for one DOS title working it's trivial to do it for any other.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Xnella Moonblade-Thann
Learned Scribe

USA
234 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2013 :  09:03:04  Show Profile Send Xnella Moonblade-Thann a Private Message  Reply with Quote
this is probably off-topic, and it's not even a Forgotten Realms game, but would using DosBox work on the Temple of Elemental Evil computer game if I was running Windows 7 on my laptop? I've tried the tricks mentioned on the Atari site, but they didn't work.

"Sweet water and light laughter until next we meet." - traditional elven farewell

Please forgive any spelling and grammer errors, as my android touch-screen phone has no spellchecker. If I do make a grammer mistake, please let me know and I'll try to fix it.

New laptop, still trying to sort my "scrolls" on its shelves...and when will this cursed thing stop doing things I tell it not to?
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7989 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2013 :  09:55:18  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, DOSBox won't work here because Temple of Elemental Evil was released 2003 and requires Windows.

Run XP Mode and launch the game as Administrator.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000