Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Wording of...rules
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Saxmilian
Learned Scribe

USA
157 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2012 :  15:16:53  Show Profile  Visit Saxmilian's Homepage Send Saxmilian a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Im the DM so I know my word is law but I had an Artificer place the Landing ability (Magical Item Compendium Pg. 12) allowing for "ignoring the damage from the First Fall of 60'"...but the armor Infusion lasts 100 minutes. Now I think that after a single fall the spell is used and thats that but of course he thinks that its every fall for the next 100 minutes. I laugh now that I think who could fall more than one per round...ok nevermind then, LOL

Yospeck
Acolyte

9 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2012 :  15:19:05  Show Profile Send Yospeck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To clarify is he saying that unless the fall is "60" then the power is still active, so would try to jump down a mountain 50ft at a time? :D Personally I'd say it ignores your first fall "up to 60" for 100 minutes. Whether you choose to nullify it after a single fall (even if it is 10ft, which is quite harsh) or give it 60ft of fall damage DR for 100 minutes, so the spell can absorb a finite amount of damage either cumulative or from one 60ft drop.

The way he wants to use it I don't think is in the spirit of how the spell is intended.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000