Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 5 of 7 Lost Gods ... 3.5 Domains/Portfolios?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Crai
Acolyte

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2012 :  21:17:14  Show Profile Send Crai a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
The following 5 "Lost Gods" will all soon be resurrected ... in my Forgotten Realms home campaign.

1. Camnod the Unseen
2. Borem of the Lake of Boiling Mud
3. Haask, the Voice of Hargut
4. Maram of the Great Spear
5. Tyranthraxus the Flamed One

As many of you know, these 5, per canon information, all "bowed before Bane". Since Bane is ascending in my homebrew F.R. world, these long dead deities will be subsumed under his command.

My challenge here, is to give these newly resurrected deities, both portfolios and game-mechanic domains (for 3.5 play).

So I'm coming to you knowledgeable scribes to help me in this regard. Since canon information is sparse in regards to what domains/portfolios were had by these gods, I figure we're going to have to fabricate and guess which ones they might've had. Even if it means duplicating or overlapping domains and portfolios of current 3.5-era F.R. gods. For example, it seems that Camnod is likely a similar god to Mask.

I'll be posting some more thoughts on what I see as appropriately assigned domains and portfolios. But I'd love to see what all of you come up with as well.

Thank you all in advance!

Bladewind
Master of Realmslore

Netherlands
1280 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2012 :  22:09:35  Show Profile Send Bladewind a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My educated guesses would be:

Camnod (Human Exarch DR 2; domains of Oracle, Shadows, Trickery)
To differentiate him from Mask I gave him a bit more of a seer vibe
Borem (Primordial Prince DR 2 - 4; domains of Decay, Corruption and Earth)
Borem is like a mud elemental, so entropy and decay fit him
Haask (Minotaur Exarch DR 3 - 5; domains of Blightbringer/Pestilence, Evil/Suffering and Protection)
Haask seems like a protective godling, willing to go to great lengths to defend his gains. The fiend Hargut is a pestilence spreading demon
Maram of the Great Spear (Primordial Prince; DR 2 -4; domains of Competition, Wrath and Travel)
the "of the Great Spear" gives Maram a Hunter element
Tyanthraxs (Human Exarch DR 1; domains of Tyranny, Hatred and Fire)
His motives to bind the whole world through conquest or force of will is very Bane like, so Tyranny fits, and his ability to consume his subject in flames might give him emough of a flame theme

My campaign sketches

Druidic Groves

Creature Feature: Giant Spiders
Go to Top of Page

Razz
Senior Scribe

USA
749 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2012 :  22:18:56  Show Profile Send Razz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Who were the other 2 Lost Gods? I believe they've recently been unveiled in 4E but I cannot remember who.
Go to Top of Page

Asharak
Learned Scribe

France
268 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2012 :  20:25:52  Show Profile Send Asharak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Razz

Who were the other 2 Lost Gods? I believe they've recently been unveiled in 4E but I cannot remember who.

Torath and Edranka

"Soyez r้alistes : demandez l'impossible"

Sorry for my English... it's not my native tongue.
Go to Top of Page

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
491 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2012 :  13:03:27  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Crai
1. Camnod the Unseen

For Borem, I'd suggest Earth, Evil, Hatred and Water (Don't know what his alignment was, so maybe Chaos or Law if said alignment modifier applies). I did design a homebrew Swamp domain (though that is stuck on my main computer which is in need of repairs as I type this) for him among a few others too.

For Tyranthraxus, I'd say Destruction, Evil, Fire, Law, Trickery and Tyranny.

The others, I have no clue what to say about them.

Galuf's Baldur's Gate NPC stats: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8823
Galuf's 3.5 Ed. Cleric Domains: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14036
Galuf's Homebrew 4th Edition Races: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13787
Galuf's Homebrew Specialty Priest PrCs: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14353
Galuf's Forgotten Realms Heralds and Allies thread: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8766

Edited by - Galuf the Dwarf on 01 Nov 2012 13:09:42
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7968 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2012 :  17:27:09  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ye olde FR wiki reports canon references. There's not much, so you'd probably need to invent some homebrew campaign lore.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Razz
Senior Scribe

USA
749 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2012 :  19:20:44  Show Profile Send Razz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Galuf the Dwarf

quote:
Originally posted by Crai
1. Camnod the Unseen

For Borem, I'd suggest Earth, Evil, Hatred and Water (Don't know what his alignment was, so maybe Chaos or Law if said alignment modifier applies). I did design a homebrew Swamp domain (though that is stuck on my main computer which is in need of repairs as I type this) for him among a few others too.

For Tyranthraxus, I'd say Destruction, Evil, Fire, Law, Trickery and Tyranny.

The others, I have no clue what to say about them.

Pathfinder has a Swamp domain. A little tweakin is required to make it 3.5 rules
Go to Top of Page

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
491 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2012 :  12:41:37  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
FINALLY got my PC back up & running, so here's the Swamp domain I promised.

Swamp Domain
Deities: Borem, Sebek
Domain Powers: Your movement is not hindered in swamp-like conditions.
Domain Spells:
1st – Entangle
2nd – Soften Earth and Stone
3rd – Water Walk
4th – Control Water
5th – Swamp Stride (SC)
6th – Swamp Lung (SC)
7th – Control Weather
8th – Control Plants
9th – Elemental Swarm (Earth and Water elementals only)

Galuf's Baldur's Gate NPC stats: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8823
Galuf's 3.5 Ed. Cleric Domains: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14036
Galuf's Homebrew 4th Edition Races: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13787
Galuf's Homebrew Specialty Priest PrCs: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14353
Galuf's Forgotten Realms Heralds and Allies thread: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8766
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2012 :  20:09:59  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Asharak

Torath and Edranka

I haven't kept up lately... where are these mentioned?
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2012 :  01:33:00  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by xaeyruudh

quote:
Originally posted by Asharak

Torath and Edranka

I haven't kept up lately... where are these mentioned?

The original reference for both Edranka and Torath comes from the "Adventurer's Journal" in the box for the SSI Pool of Radiance game.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2012 :  05:08:19  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

The original reference for both Edranka and Torath comes from the "Adventurer's Journal" in the box for the SSI Pool of Radiance game.

I see the other five listed there, but not those two... but I'm looking at an online transcript of it, so maybe they're just missing.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2012 :  08:32:10  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by xaeyruudh

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I see the other five listed there, but not those two... but I'm looking at an online transcript of it, so maybe they're just missing.

I'm going from memory... but I recall them being referred to as associates of Tyranthraxus in the "Adventure's Journal."

Ruins of Adventure also provides a little notable as well:- " ... unblessed creatures imbued with the might of a magical pool. Chief among these were the great generals of the evil horde, Tyranthraxus, Edranka, and Torath. With their powers they ruled and united all else, driving forward to destroy us all."

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2012 :  19:13:23  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What has Tyranthraxus to do with the 7 Lost Gods?

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lord Bane
Senior Scribe

Germany
479 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2012 :  08:45:12  Show Profile Send Lord Bane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He was one of the Seven that bowed to Bane.

The driving force in the multiverse is evil, for it forces good to act.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000