Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Favorite FR characters
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Bellua Aeneus Lacerta
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2002 :  13:03:24  Show Profile  Visit Bellua Aeneus Lacerta's Homepage Send Bellua Aeneus Lacerta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hated the book, hated Jack. He needs to learn how to sword fight.

Thought it was different and interesting that he didn't fight or kill anyone to accomplish the things he did.
Go to Top of Page

Kitira Gildragon
Learned Scribe

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2002 :  14:48:43  Show Profile  Visit Kitira Gildragon's Homepage Send Kitira Gildragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bellua Aeneus Lacerta
... Thought it was different and interesting that he didn't fight or kill anyone to accomplish the things he did.

So you don't consider the duel Jack lost a fight??? What about in the end against Myrkressa Jelan (I dont' think I spelled it right...)???

-Space for rent-
Go to Top of Page

lowtech
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2002 :  19:40:36  Show Profile  Visit lowtech's Homepage Send lowtech a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In no particular order, here are some of my favorites:
Jarlaxle
Liriel Baenre
Jack Ravenwild
Szass Tam
I havn't read much about him yet, but I think Miklos Selkirk has potential.
Ayrilyn Moonblade and Danilo Thann
Go to Top of Page

Green Elven Vampire
Acolyte

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2002 :  00:45:15  Show Profile  Visit Green Elven Vampire's Homepage Send Green Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Absolutely...

Foxfire from Silver Shadows!! Now there is a wicked cool Green Elf!!

Elaith Craulnober

Alustriel

Dove

Quilue

Khelben

Laeral

Drizzt

Artemis Entreri

Jarlaxle

Bidderdoo Harpel

Harkle Harple

Pwent

Amlaruil Moonflower

Elminster

Manshoon

Ashemmi

Bronwyn

Galaeron

Melegaunt

Sylune Silverhand

Halaster

Arilyn

Danilo

Cadderly

Danica

Ivan Boldershoulder

Pikel boldershoulder

The Vampire Manshoon

The Vampire Rufo

Luthnimh Selorn: Green Elven Vampire; Ranger/Arcane Archer/Sorcerer/Bladesinger.

"Aww, you think my arrow hurt? Would that my sword in your lung make you feel better? If not, maybe i'd tickle you with a Ball of Lightning spell. Or perhaps just sink my fangs into your neck and drain you of blood?"~~ Luthnimh Selorn; speaking to the weretiger Kyrran Graylord.
Go to Top of Page

Silvera
Acolyte

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2002 :  14:49:07  Show Profile  Visit Silvera's Homepage Send Silvera a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) Drizzt Do'Urden
2) Alias
3) Dragonbait
4) Talbot Uskevren
5) Shamur Uskevren

I don't know why i like Drizzt so much i guess it's just that he has such a good moral standard.

Silvera Moonsong
Go to Top of Page

Fingolfin
Acolyte

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2002 :  21:15:58  Show Profile  Visit Fingolfin's Homepage Send Fingolfin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1. Cyric
2. Kelemvor
3. Regis
4. Artemis Entrei
5. Koja (horselords)

You just gotta love the villians and anti heroes.
Go to Top of Page

Shades
Acolyte

Georgia
39 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2002 :  21:35:59  Show Profile  Visit Shades's Homepage Send Shades a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the posts I'll put up a tally as soon as I get a chance.
Go to Top of Page

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2002 :  04:19:50  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My my, Green Elven Vamp.......

Whose left? :)

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm
Go to Top of Page

Sithian
Acolyte

Turkey
5 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2002 :  22:56:36  Show Profile  Visit Sithian's Homepage Send Sithian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jarlaxle: I actually liked him more when he was off in the underdark finding his way as a merchant but is still one of my favourites.

Bouldershoulder brothers, Pwent and the most famous Harkle Harpel: Gotta laugh a little bit huh, I still can not forget the part where two Bouldershoulder brothers put that rock on to a branch and killed just one orc with it.

Liriel baenre. I think she is one nasty b.....

Cadderly: Epitome of goodness, epitome of wisdom and epitome of intelligence within a childish heart what else do you want?

Drizzt: Well I think that he is just one chaotic good drow, what makes him so special I do not see

And last but not the least The man Who could break the will of Crenshinibon, The man who could equal Drizzt in any fight, The man who fights with his wisdom, intelligence and charisma more than his strength. Yup Artemis Entreri. He is my favourite.

"I can see what would befall me as I see what would befall you!" said a sorcerer just before I slitted his throat, you should have seen the astonishment on his face. It was pretty amusing.
Go to Top of Page

The Great Drizzt
Learned Scribe

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2002 :  06:55:10  Show Profile  Visit The Great Drizzt's Homepage Send The Great Drizzt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Baron Sengir, you like all Drow.....RIGHT ON!
but I'm suprised no one has mentioned Liriel Baenre, she is so cool!
The Great Drizzt

"Don't poke Drizzt, 'tis highly unsociable!" Drizzt Do'Urden -BG1
Go to Top of Page

sabre
Acolyte

Turkey
47 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2002 :  00:19:35  Show Profile Send sabre a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1-he was , he is ,he will be Drizzt Do'urden!!(All the personality,
ever the stoic,deep and painful inner struggle and a heart bigger than the world.Ladies and gentlemen here is the magnificent drow with the soul of a paladin...
2-Ghost...(he has changed all of my assasin concept.He was the real ,cold and ruthless face of evil.)(from cadderly 3rd book night masks i guess)
3-ivan and pikel(remember the rock and orc:)))damn, that made me laugh
like an insane men...)
4-Artemis Entreri(smart,wise,cool and deadly...)
5-Cadderly(the song of deneir...)
6-Zak'nefein and Jar'laxle...(They asked Salvatore "Why did you killed Zak?Would't you write him again?He answered"Ý still write about him,i just use the name Jarlaxle...great son of a great father and ever ready, funny,cool,lethal mercenary...)(ý just wanted to write this:"Ýt was just a fireball"-Jar'laxle(from servant of the shard,after saving Entreri from a fireball with a wellput
portable hole on a inn's wall.)
And dear guen'wyver...
Morik the Rogue(good inside the evil inside good :))
And the list goes on...

sabre
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2002 :  00:24:19  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Danilo
Alusair
Pikel
Midnight
Giogiono (sp)
Vandeghaast
The 7 sisters

It's not the right order and there are surely some that i forget
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2002 :  18:13:19  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shades

Just thought I'd start a topic. Who are your 5 favorite FR people, and possibly a reason for your #1.

Queen Amlaruil Moonflower: The Sad Queen, she is poetry to me, I can say no more.

Elminster: No end to the amusing things he says, I like how they have always treated him so realistically. I love his genuine streak of benevolence even if he is cranky.

Drizz't Do'Urden: What can you say? The original Good Drow and a really impressive fighter as well. I like him for his courage mostly.

Khelben "Blackstaff" Arunsun: Ever schemeing for once a non-evil mastermind.

The Simbul: Toe to toe with the biggest and nastiest of nasties. Gave her all for her people, hard to top that.

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Salius Kai
Learned Scribe

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2002 :  04:20:53  Show Profile  Visit Salius Kai's Homepage Send Salius Kai a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm only able to think of three I really like

1)Elminster
2)Cyric
3)Dizzt

Drizzt is last because I'm not that fond of him hut common, he Drizzt.

"Welcome to these walls of infinite knowledge."

Salius Kai
Go to Top of Page

Feanor_Karnil
Learned Scribe

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2002 :  20:34:42  Show Profile  Visit Feanor_Karnil's Homepage Send Feanor_Karnil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The characters i favor are:

-Elminster of Shadowdale
-Cadderly
-Drizzt Do'Urden
-Jarlaxle
-Cattie-Brie

We live in a bleak world my friend, where heroes are few and shadows stalk us around every corner.
-Mikai Daerni
Go to Top of Page

Sadonayerah Odrydin
Learned Scribe

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2003 :  03:52:16  Show Profile  Visit Sadonayerah Odrydin's Homepage Send Sadonayerah Odrydin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
um...okay, I should let you know first that I have many characters that I like...and most of them are pretty much the same ranked...

1. Drizzt, Zaknafein, Solaufein, Jander Sunstar (though he is somewhat a Ravenloft character too), Elaith Craulnober
2. Khelben, Danilo, Arilyn, Foxfire
3. Cattie-brie, Guenhwyvar (sorry if I spelled that wrong....)
4. Cadderly, Mazzy Fentan

...and that's it. Told ya that most of them are ranked the same. It's hard to pick just one favorite.

"What's that," asked Mogget.
"Sardines," said Sam. "I knew they were standard rations, so I got a few tins for you."
"What are sardines?" Moggest asked suspiciously. "And why is there a key? Is this some sort of Abhorsen joke?"
Abhorsen by Garth Nix

"What you made a vampire...Pomeranian?!" --Hannibal King from Blade Trinity

~Sadie
Go to Top of Page

Lost Elph
Seeker

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2003 :  04:29:03  Show Profile  Visit Lost Elph's Homepage Send Lost Elph a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1. Alias
2. Olive
3. Alias
4. Dragonbait
5. Alias
6. Danilo
7. Alias
8. Drizzty boy
9. Alias
ya i really like Alias but i can`t help it shes just so cooooooooolllll!!!!!

I`m not lost, my dreams are.

I am one of those people who go through life unseen, but I don`t think of it as a bad thing, no I think of it as an opportunity
Go to Top of Page

Sadonayerah Odrydin
Learned Scribe

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2003 :  04:31:31  Show Profile  Visit Sadonayerah Odrydin's Homepage Send Sadonayerah Odrydin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm surprised that you didn't put Mazzy amongst your choices. cause I know you like halflings and all...lol. I'd have thought for sure you would have mentioned her.

"Sardines," said Sam. "I knew they were standard rations, so I got a few tins for you."
"What are sardines?" Moggest asked suspiciously. "And why is there a key? Is this some sort of Abhorsen joke?"
Abhorsen by Garth Nix

~Sadie
Go to Top of Page

Lost Elph
Seeker

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2003 :  04:42:21  Show Profile  Visit Lost Elph's Homepage Send Lost Elph a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yes and thank you for reminding me of her
10. MAZZY!!
11. hehehe Alias
and so on and so on heheh theres just too many halflings for me to like just one

I`m not lost, my dreams are.

I am one of those people who go through life unseen, but I don`t think of it as a bad thing, no I think of it as an opportunity
Go to Top of Page

Sadonayerah Odrydin
Learned Scribe

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2003 :  04:48:47  Show Profile  Visit Sadonayerah Odrydin's Homepage Send Sadonayerah Odrydin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
lol. I take back my earlier statement. And I think I know what you mean. (it's kinda the same with me and elves...too many to like just one. )

Abhorsen by Garth Nix

~Sadie
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2003 :  06:08:18  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Danilo Than, Arilyn Moonblade, and Alias. Those are my three favorites. Yes, I know Drizzt isn't on there. I like him, but he's not my favorite. As a character, he's actually too good. I know it's important for him to be such a good fighter, but I prefer characters who have more of a limitation.

Besides, Danilo's the only character in the Realms that I can remember to have made me want to put the book down and applaud.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2003 :  08:22:18  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ryld Argith and Pharaun Mizzrym are definately my favorites at the moment! They make a great team....if somewhat unsteady at times

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Aust Grimshadow
Acolyte

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2003 :  14:25:08  Show Profile  Visit Aust Grimshadow's Homepage Send Aust Grimshadow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
wow...where to begin

1. Entreri or Drizzt (Quite cliche but Drizzts just too deep not to be #1. Impossible to decide between the two. So alike and yet so different)

2. Montolio the blind ranger of Dead Orc Pass (He is blind yet he takes down a whole party of orcs, and a hill giant, saves Drizzts life)

3. Breunor ("...Or I'm a bearded gnome!!" haha)

4. Kellendil (Doves sidekick elven ranger. He's just damn cool)

5. RODDY MCGRISTLE!!!!! BWAHAHAHHAHA heh, just kidding. Too dirty for my liking, Frets too hehe

5. Alustriel

"Lies engulf the drow in fear and mistrust, refute friendship at the tip of a Lolth blessed sword. The hatred and ambition fostered by these amoral tenets are the doom of my people, a weakness they perceive as strength. The result is a paralyzing existence that the drow call the edge of readiness." -Drizzt Do'Urden
Go to Top of Page

The_Mirt
Acolyte

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2003 :  21:35:43  Show Profile  Visit The_Mirt's Homepage Send The_Mirt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) Mirt, A Harper, possibly the wealthiest person in FR. Lord of Waterdeep, owns about 1/3 of Waterdeep, Retired Mercernary Leader.

2) Jarlaxle, Most awesome Drow in FR, Carries enought magic items to get his self and a friend out of any situation, while destroying the threat. Drizzt's Brother. (Trust me)

3)Elminster, 1500 years old, CR of 39... I dont need to say anymore, but I will. Chosen of Mystra, witty humor, Held the power of a god within him self during the Time of Troubles, Was once a woman, Has made love to a god or 2, once told AO (The Overgod)to leave him alone, the god of magic looks to him for advice. Read the last chapter or two of Elminster in Hell, Matrix stuff going on there.

4)Thibledorf Pwent, Rude, Smelly, Generally awesome, Would wake up a Tarrasque to get a fight in.

5)Artemis Enteri, Cold, Calculating, Deadly, Now a new and improved Neutral Evil alignment.

6)Drizzt, When you have read all of the books he has been in, he grows on you.

7)Cyric, Awesome before he became a god, a new and improved awesome now!

8)Halister, Older than Elminster, Now a Chosen of Mystra, Was a chosen of Shar, Was Crazy (Not now), Cant wait to see him in another book.
Go to Top of Page

Ox
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2003 :  02:12:39  Show Profile  Visit Ox's Homepage Send Ox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In no particular order:
-Danilo: His all around idiotic facade makes him funny
-Drizzt: Although i don't like how he has become nearly invincible
-Ivan and Pikel: Can Lighten up anyone's day
-Cyric: Pure evil
-Artemis: Just cool
-Laaqueel: I have not read much about her yet
-Druzil: That annoying gnat that you can never seem to smash

Ave Caesar! Morituri te salutamus.
Go to Top of Page

Yasraena
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2003 :  06:27:15  Show Profile  Visit Yasraena's Homepage Send Yasraena a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just too damn many great characters to choose from. But, the ones that really stick out for me (in no particular order)

Dizzt Do'Urden - Just because he was the first Drow to be known for forsaking his heritage and to really stick to his beliefs, no matter what the consequences.

Shandril Shessair - She was just such a tragic character. All she wanted was to be left alone and she got the entire cadre of evil in the Realms after her because of something she had no say in. Just sad.

Atremis Entreri - the epitome of the classic villian. Extremely intelligent, vile, self assured and with no remorse for his actions at all. Not to mention the only real competition to Drizzt.

Jarlaxle - Another great villian. I loved the fact that he was the only male in all of Menzoberanzan that could talk back to the matron mothers and get away with it on a regular basis. Now THAT'S power.

Thibbledorf Pwent - Just one bad ass psycho dwarf. How could you not love that?

"Nindyn vel'uss malar verin z'klaen tlu kyone ulu naut doera nindel vel'bolen nind malar."
Yasraena T'Sarran
Harper of Silverymoon
Go to Top of Page

Araushnee
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2003 :  19:14:07  Show Profile  Visit Araushnee's Homepage Send Araushnee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I guess I have a somewhat evil air about me. But the good guys always bring on a good day. I know I put 6, but I couldn't help it!

0.Pharaun Mizzrym
1.Araushnee (Lloth)
2.Catti-Brie
3.Elminster
4.Khelben Blackstaff Arunsun
5.Drizzt Do'Urden

It's only funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's hilarious.
Go to Top of Page

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2003 :  00:52:13  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1. Drizzt Do'Urden How can it be otherwise?

2. King Azoun IV (Sadly now deceased)
3. Arilyn Moonblade
4. Fzoul Chembryl
5. Pharaun/Ryld (I love lawful drow)
6. Bruenor Battlehammer
7. Queen Mother Robin Kendrick (Moonshaes)
8. Khannyr Vhok (Because my players kicked his butt in Hellgate. Heh heh, he is now an exile near the destroyed Ched Nasad)
9. Jaheira
10.Deirdre Kendrick

A wizard is Never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he Early. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to...

Edited by - Mournblade on 10 Apr 2003 00:55:48
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2003 :  09:41:06  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yay, at last two other scribes agree with me about Pharaun and Ryld! I think theyre two of the best characters to come out of Realms novels for a long time!! I have a scroll somewhere about it......ah, here it is.

One character from Black Wolf which I also loved, Im not sure why, and he plays a small role, is Voorla. I think he was great, there appeared to be........... ::Alaundo hits Rad on back of head::

Oops, sorry Alaundo. Ahem..... WARNING:SPOILERS
...there appeared to be some respect and companionship (not sure if thats the right word) between Voorla and Stannis (not so much Radu though), and I just loved the way that Voorla spoke to Stannis calmly and in his native troll tongue, but always ended the sentence with "Malveen".... it just added a bit of grace to him! loved it!

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"

Edited by - Lord Rad on 10 Apr 2003 09:41:32
Go to Top of Page

Targon Moonrise
Learned Scribe

163 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2003 :  18:34:05  Show Profile  Visit Targon Moonrise's Homepage Send Targon Moonrise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My favorites:

Drizzt (and all the Champions of Mithril Hall)

Elminster

Erevis Cale

Jak Fleet

Drizzt's panther (Sorry, bad memory, so I can't remember name)

Montolio

Kelemvor Lyonsbane

Midnight

Adon

Ao

Helm

Bouldershoulder brothers (You gotta have the comic relief!)

Cadderly

That's all that I can think of right now but if I find more, I'll add to my list.

May Melkor smile upon every spell you cast.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000