Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Favorite FR characters
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Shades
Acolyte

Georgia
39 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2002 :  22:31:40  Show Profile  Visit Shades's Homepage Send Shades a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Just thought I'd start a topic. Who are your 5 favorite FR people, and possibly a reason for your #1.
1.Manshoon
2.Jarlaxle
3.Artemis Entreri
4.Drizzt
5.Aballister
I can't explain the reason I like Manshoon the most, ever since I read Spellfire he has been my favorite.

Drummer Boy
Senior Scribe

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2002 :  00:29:55  Show Profile  Visit Drummer Boy's Homepage Send Drummer Boy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1. Drizzt Do'Urden
2. Abdel Adrian
3. Kelemvor
4. Bruenor Battlehammer
5. Wulfgar
I just like these characters because they're my favorite heroes.
Go to Top of Page

Shades
Acolyte

Georgia
39 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2002 :  05:57:23  Show Profile  Visit Shades's Homepage Send Shades a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Someone else better post to my topic.
Go to Top of Page

The Great Drizzt
Learned Scribe

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2002 :  06:19:53  Show Profile  Visit The Great Drizzt's Homepage Send The Great Drizzt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
....Gee, let me think who number one might be?.....oh I know!!!!

1.Drizzt Do'Urden-reason: He just awesome(all around),and he's a Drow!
2.Jarlaxle(Bregan De'Aerth)
3.Liriel Baenre
4.Zaknefein Do'Urden or Gromph Baenre(tough choice)
5.Elminster Aumar, First chosen of Mystra
6.Bruenor Battlehammer

The Great Drizzt

"Don't poke Drizzt, 'tis highly unsociable!" Drizzt Do'Urden -BG1
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2002 :  09:06:05  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm... in no specific order:

Ivan & Pikel Bouldershoulder - comic relief
Erevis Cale (prior to recent events involving Mask) - realistic and human character.
Sememmon - deviously & dastardly evil
Tasselhof Burrfoot - oops... wrong campaign world
The Twilight Dawn crew - a bunch of aventurers stumbling around in Berdusk

almost forgot:
Elaith Craulnober - a villain with an identity complex

Edited by - Mumadar Ibn Huzal on 24 Oct 2002 09:11:15
Go to Top of Page

Bellua Aeneus Lacerta
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2002 :  00:23:19  Show Profile  Visit Bellua Aeneus Lacerta's Homepage Send Bellua Aeneus Lacerta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The comic relief characters are some of the best.
Ivan&Pikel
Bileworm

Favorite name would be
Fazoul.

Favorite character would be Drizzt. I also
liked Mist. Hard to keep a dragon as your favorite
character, they always seem to die.
Go to Top of Page

Merrzeran
Acolyte

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2002 :  05:31:39  Show Profile  Visit Merrzeran's Homepage Send Merrzeran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah yes Tasslehof, one of the good ones, but like you said not of this world... Oh! Oh! Oh! howsbout Fizban... Still not right...
alright, alright, here it is.
1.Le'lorinel, AKA Ellifain.*snicker*
2.Errtu, *giggle*
3.Matron Baenere, *gufaaw*
4.Artemis. *Bahhhahahahahahaah*
5.Creshin... hahahhahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahaha......!

Ok, alright, ok bahahahahahahaha.......
sorry folks...

~M~
Go to Top of Page

The Great Drizzt
Learned Scribe

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2002 :  06:22:06  Show Profile  Visit The Great Drizzt's Homepage Send The Great Drizzt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Isnt Le'lorinel the guy....uhmmm girl, that have that supreme hatered of Drizzt?
GOD I HATE IVAN AND PIKEL!!!
The Great Drizzt

LOL, a dwarven druid.....lol

Go to Top of Page

Merrzeran
Acolyte

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2002 :  14:02:33  Show Profile  Visit Merrzeran's Homepage Send Merrzeran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
U are correct sir she was indeed...

And somehow I wasnt surprised that you'd have a dislike for them, not surprised at all...

~M~
Go to Top of Page

Bladesinger
Acolyte

Turkey
35 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2002 :  16:09:56  Show Profile Send Bladesinger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1-) The Simbul
2-) Drizzt Do'Urden
3-) Artemis Entreri
4-) Elaith Craulnober
5-) Khelben Arunsun
Go to Top of Page

Fynn Céldor
Acolyte

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2002 :  18:21:29  Show Profile  Visit Fynn Céldor's Homepage Send Fynn Céldor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1. Artemis Entreri - he's just awesome, i can't explain. he's just darn cool.
2. Jaraxle - he also is just darn cool.
3. Robillard - i've always liked the wizard aboard the Sea Sprite.
4. Drizzt Do'Urden - he's just awesome just because he's him.
5. Bruenor Battlehamer - he's just a hilarious character to read about.. he's like gimli from LoTR

spirit. it is the hero's strength, the mother's resilieance, and the poor man's armor. it cannot be broken, and it cannot be taken away. this i must believe.
Go to Top of Page

Bellua Aeneus Lacerta
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2002 :  00:35:46  Show Profile  Visit Bellua Aeneus Lacerta's Homepage Send Bellua Aeneus Lacerta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
LOL, a dwarven druid.....lol

That's "Doodad" thank you
Go to Top of Page

The Great Drizzt
Learned Scribe

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2002 :  07:09:42  Show Profile  Visit The Great Drizzt's Homepage Send The Great Drizzt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK, enough Ivan and Pikel quotes!!!!!
I really like the Rashami Beserker Fyodor, He's really cool.
The Great Drizzt

Go to Top of Page

KlarthAilerion
Acolyte

49 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2002 :  07:01:46  Show Profile  Visit KlarthAilerion's Homepage Send KlarthAilerion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1. Zaknafien
2. Cyric
3. Vanderghast
4. Artemis Entreri
5. Elminster

Zak's the man with the principles and fortitude.. without him, no Drizzt and subsequent stories. Cyric is crazy, and is very entertaining and dynamic (until he becomes a god.. then he gets kind of boring). Vanderghast and Elminster are crotchety, secretive old men, and are entertaining (to me, at least) because of this. Entreri is determined and has the skills, even if he's fighting for the "wrong" reasons.

I guess you could throw Thibbledorf Pwent in there for comic relief, but I've gotten kind of tired of the physical comic relief that many FR authors seem to be using the dwarves for, hence both old mages.
Go to Top of Page

Jeffrey Williams
Acolyte

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2002 :  09:44:37  Show Profile  Visit Jeffrey Williams's Homepage Send Jeffrey Williams a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mumadar Ibn Huzal
The Twilight Dawn crew - a bunch of aventurers stumbling around in Berdusk

Ahhumm!

Mumadar, I hope you're not saying anything bad about Jezbodiah Wisp. He's been to your bar only once and has yet to order a drink.

Geoffrey Mordraith, Sage, Cleric of Helm, Bearer of the Morning Star
devilboy@anv.net
www.bigbluepigeon.blogspot.com
www.thefourthportal.blogspot.com

Edited by - Jeffrey Williams on 31 Oct 2002 09:46:38
Go to Top of Page

Jeffrey Williams
Acolyte

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2002 :  09:51:44  Show Profile  Visit Jeffrey Williams's Homepage Send Jeffrey Williams a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shades

Just thought I'd start a topic. Who are your 5 favorite FR people, and possibly a reason for your #1.

Okay, the only real Forgotten Realms book I liked was Azure Bonds, realy couldn't get into anything from the FR book line. Too dry for my tastes, but hear we go.

1. Elminster - I've always liked the old fart, even in his earlier appreances of Dragon Magazine and the endless amounts of wisdom he dishes out.
2. Alias of the Azure Bonds
3. ...and her paladin companion Dragonbait
4. Manshoon is my favorite evil wizard
5. Fzoul Chembryl, my favorite heretic cleric
And I'll add another one
6. The Crew of the Realms Master from the old Forgotten Realms Comic Book.

Geoffrey Mordraith, Sage, Cleric of Helm, Bearer of the Morning Star
devilboy@anv.net
www.bigbluepigeon.blogspot.com
www.thefourthportal.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

The Great Drizzt
Learned Scribe

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2002 :  08:59:19  Show Profile  Visit The Great Drizzt's Homepage Send The Great Drizzt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Speaking of characters,
Does anyone know anything about the Shape-Shifting Beserkers like Fyodor of Rashemen, I would really like to PC one of those guys!
The Great Drizzt

Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2002 :  18:45:13  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Drizzt
-Elminster
-Ao
-Cyric
-Khelben

"If others had not been foolish, we should be so."

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page

Zimeros
Learned Scribe

Brazil
121 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2002 :  18:53:56  Show Profile  Visit Zimeros's Homepage Send Zimeros a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My favorites are:
-Khelben
-Drizzt
-Elminster

"Gods protect children and drunks"

Edited by - Alaundo on 13 Nov 2002 19:49:07
Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2002 :  19:42:48  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zimeros

[quote]Originally posted by Echon
My favorites are:
-Khelben
-Drizzt
-Elminster

No, what I wrote was:

-Drizzt
-Elminster
-Ao
-Cyric
-Khelben

"If others had not been foolish, we should be so."

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2002 :  19:45:18  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have to agree with Bellua Aeneus Lacerta and say that Bileworm is just fantastic! He is SO funny and I smile and chuckle everytime theres a scene with him in

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2002 :  23:19:33  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am really taking a liking to several characters in the Return of the Archwizards storyline.....

In particular, The Most High (Grrrreat villain), Galaeron, Malik and Aris - cause you just gotta love a brilliant, artisan stone giant who doesn't say things like "me smash you good now"....

I also love Drizzt (can't we all just agree on that?), but there is also a special place in my heart for Jander Sunstar and Elaith Craulnober.

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm
Go to Top of Page

Baron Sengir
Acolyte

Turkey
28 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2002 :  13:57:29  Show Profile  Visit Baron Sengir's Homepage Send Baron Sengir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ohh you must be definitely forgetting Thibbledorf Pwent(I hope the name is correct)Never have I seen funnier dwarf.(he has no chance with cha 5 (cha 18 to the brigade of course)
OK,let me be serious...
ZaknafeinI don't want to put the name Do'Urden,I dunno why... He is just unlucky.I can not tell you how angry I became when Malice killed him.Zak and Drizzt would be unstopable...
Malice Do'UrdenThe most ambitious,if there was no Drizzt there were a few to stop her.She deserves to get into my list.
Artemis EntreriThe second most ambitious,but much more intelligent then Malice(Briza(takes her whip)"MATRON MALÝCE,U STUPÝD MALE).Artemis' charisma and intelligence can solve 80% of his encounters(then 20% goes to his blade and the famous jewelled dagger)
Drizzt Do'UrdenI don't know he is just too perfect.In my opinion,protected by some gods.Thats why Zak takes the lead I think...
Guenhwyvardear Guenhwyvar.Drizzt is just NOTHING without him...
JarlaxlePure intelligence.Even Matron Baenre cannot understand how can a male become so strong in a place like Menzoberranzan.

I cannot finish without a small part of "Siege of Darkness".Nothing can identify Baenre's charisma better.
As they turned around the corner,Drizzt was the first to detect the group."Flee this place"he yelled.He knew that his friends were badly overmatched.
Baenre laughed...

If you were a dream,I would sleep forever...
Go to Top of Page

Cherrn
Learned Scribe

Denmark
323 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2002 :  20:58:15  Show Profile Send Cherrn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here i go then...

1. Jarlaxle - One step ahead of everyone else, even those pesky drow priestesses. Calculated fella who looks out for himself. Drow male power in Menzoberranzan!

2. Fzoul - Give him some credit for overthrowing Manshoon, that has to count for something. Besides hes the choosen of Bane, the ultimate tyrant. Personification of evil.

3. Cyric - As a mortal. I really hated him during the fall of the gods, especially at the end. Me actually getting to hate him is what makes a great character.

4. Artemis Entreri - Imagine being able to compete with one of the most skilled swordsmen out there who is even a drow. hehe you could call him the pride of humanity... Martial Skill-wise.

5. Drizzt - Heh had to mention him cos its Drizzt. Seems so perfect at times yet still so flawed...

A wise man from Calimport once told me: "If a merchant puts sand in the flask of oil he's trying to sell you, then he isn't trying to sell you sand..."
Go to Top of Page

Bellua Aeneus Lacerta
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2002 :  00:10:15  Show Profile  Visit Bellua Aeneus Lacerta's Homepage Send Bellua Aeneus Lacerta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finally got a copy of City of Ravens, now Jack Ravenwild is one of my favorites. We need to hear more from him!
Go to Top of Page

The Great Drizzt
Learned Scribe

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2002 :  08:20:05  Show Profile  Visit The Great Drizzt's Homepage Send The Great Drizzt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Drizzt of course is the best, but I have grown to like Jarlaxle alot too, so very witted that one....
The Great Drizzt

Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2002 :  11:10:47  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
LOL... how many posts does it take for you to convince the rest of us that you like Drizzt the best?
Go to Top of Page

Shades
Acolyte

Georgia
39 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2002 :  19:38:44  Show Profile  Visit Shades's Homepage Send Shades a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok thought I might let you guys know something I read. Drizzt was supposed to be a side kick for Wulfgar...now isn't that something to ponder.
Go to Top of Page

Drummer Boy
Senior Scribe

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2002 :  05:33:08  Show Profile  Visit Drummer Boy's Homepage Send Drummer Boy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow ()...that's odd...I've always seen Drizzt and Wulfgar as more like equals(probably like everyone else)...(sorry for the short post again)
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2002 :  10:09:49  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I could believe that little fact, considering the fact that Wulfgar does have some (if not very much) resemblance to another barabarian in fantasy/fiction literature: Conan

If the original idea was to create a Realms version of Conan (to draw Conan fans to the Forgotten Realms), I could see the need for some sidekicks and though a drow ranger outcast would not be the most likely choice, it could make sense.

Interesting little tid-bit of information though.

Edited by - Mumadar Ibn Huzal on 19 Nov 2002 10:10:31
Go to Top of Page

Kitira Gildragon
Learned Scribe

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2002 :  12:57:19  Show Profile  Visit Kitira Gildragon's Homepage Send Kitira Gildragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bellua Aeneus Lacerta

Finally got a copy of City of Ravens, now Jack Ravenwild is one of my favorites. We need to hear more from him!

Hated the book, hated Jack. He needs to learn how to sword fight.

1. Drizzt- who else did you expect?
2. Arilyn- for all the **** she had to put up with (including Danilo!)
3. Elminster- respect your elders!
4. Guenhwyvar- where can I get me one of these?
5. Cyric- he's the evil and twisted. Need I say more? (I'm going to take over his portfolio someday!)
Kelben?- says: not likely!!! Can we say 'too medlesome'? And he was willing to see Arilyn killed...

-Space for rent-
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000