Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 After the Sundering
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2012 :  04:44:37  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
According to what I've seen on the youtube videos recorded at this year's GenCon, and from Paul and Erik's sites http://erikscottdebie.com/2012/08/21/candlekeep-seminar-201/ the Sundering and the following events/novels are to get back the "core" of the Realms, focusing on not only the well-known characters, but those everyday folks live their lives and adventure in the Realms, influenced by those who set their companions in this wonderous land. In some ways this has me excited. I was not overly thrilled with the results of the Spellplague, though I am a bit surprised WotC is moving so soon onto a new edition, considering there are far more pre-Spellplague novels than post-Spellplague.

Byers also hinted at the fact that some of the dead gods might be coming back, which again has me excited. I didn't like how Mystra's death killed so many of the other deities. So the return of some of the gods has me hopeful. That said, it is implied that after the Sundering, the gods will have more limitations on how they will affect the lives of mortals. They will still be there to give clerics divine spells, and churches will still have significant roles, but I must admit that I liked having the gods so involved. I hope they still have parts to play after the Sundering (and that no more get killed off!). Thoughts, anyone?

Sweet water and light laughter

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2012 :  04:52:20  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

This is similar to RW's The Sundering, What comes next? thread.

I don't care for gods (that much). In fact, I'd rather have them as minimally involved as possible. Writers are often tempted to use them as deus ex machina.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2012 :  05:43:46  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Perhaps, but I feel the Spellplague was used as a deus ex machina too.

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000