Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Maglubiyet's Titles
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2012 :  21:58:56  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Greetings,

Anyone remember where Maglubiyet's titles were defined in printed lore?

I can find plenty of google refs to "Lord of Depths and Darkness", but I'm overlooking the original printed reference.

Thanks,

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/

Jakuta Khan
Senior Scribe

496 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2012 :  22:04:34  Show Profile Send Jakuta Khan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think it was the 2e monster mythologies which had some extent on it, and also here on candlekeep there ir an archives article about maglubiyet and his church etc. although 2e as well and not 100% sure if it is canon.
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2012 :  22:26:14  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

Greetings,

Anyone remember where Maglubiyet's titles were defined in printed lore?

I can find plenty of google refs to "Lord of Depths and Darkness", but I'm overlooking the original printed reference.

Thanks,

--Eric

I thought it was Monstrous Mythology too, but I can't find it. Anyone got a page number?

--
Go to Top of Page

Jakuta Khan
Senior Scribe

496 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2012 :  23:15:54  Show Profile Send Jakuta Khan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
also 1st edition deities and demigods had some information if I recall correctly, but i do not have it at hand.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2012 :  00:00:06  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1st edition Deities & Demigods, pg. 109 (under 'Maglubiyet', naturally).The entry begins...
quote:
Both goblins and hobgoblins worship Maglubiyet, the Mighty One, Lord of the Depths and Darkness."

LOL - after just a tiny bit of research, turns out 4the edition couldn't even get his skin right. Doesn't anyone ever open a book over there in Renton? I guess Bane 'beat the black off of him'.

EDIT: I should apologize - after reading the text that went with that, it appears it was the artist that screwed up.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 22 Jul 2012 00:15:32
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2012 :  16:22:29  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

1st edition Deities & Demigods, pg. 109 (under 'Maglubiyet', naturally).The entry begins...
quote:
Both goblins and hobgoblins worship Maglubiyet, the Mighty One, Lord of the Depths and Darkness."

Thanks!

--
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000