Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Elven Port
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2012 :  23:26:55  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Greetings,

I'm trying to remember ... I could have sworn there's an obscure name for "Elven Port" (eastern High Forest, along the River Delimbyr) ... somewhere. Any ideas?

I know the ruin is mentioned in The North, Silver Marches ... anywhere else?

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2012 :  00:13:45  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
edit: "the elven port of Teu'tel'Alu" is mentioned here on Candlekeep. This seems to reference "Realm of Eaerlann (Part 3 of 4) near the bottom of the Traveler's Notebook, which talks about "Elvenport" at the end of the Old Road.

Orrrrrr... if that's not it, maybe something in the Elven Dictionary would jog your memory?

Edited by - xaeyruudh on 30 Jun 2012 20:17:37
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2012 :  22:41:52  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by xaeyruudh

edit: "the elven port of Teu'tel'Alu" is mentioned here on Candlekeep. This seems to reference "Realm of Eaerlann (Part 3 of 4) near the bottom of the Traveler's Notebook, which talks about "Elvenport" at the end of the Old Road.

Orrrrrr... if that's not it, maybe something in the Elven Dictionary would jog your memory?

According to Ed, it was called "Aerendel" in the original Realms campaign.

--Eric

--
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4687 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2012 :  23:05:07  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

quote:

--Eric

Hey that is cheating , you have a more direct to Ed *G* . Though it also appears not as fast as you hoped for. *S*

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2012 :  00:08:08  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

quote:

Isn't that awfully close to 'Aerenal' (Eberron's Elves)?

I don't know if that is the same name, but I also recall coming across an actual name for it in some obscure source.

It may have also been mentioned in the ROTAW trilogy - there was some background stuff discussed between the characters, going back to Netheril and some of its interactions with the High Forest (but I can't recall if the Elven port was specifically mentioned).

I see you are going far-afield finding all sorts of juicy locales, Eric.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 01 Jul 2012 00:09:55
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2012 :  01:22:09  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

I see you are going far-afield finding all sorts of juicy locales, Eric.

There is a tie to Daggerford ... part of the Voices of the Lost song path runs through the Lady Luck tavern in Daggerford. :-)

--Eric

--
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000