Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Dungeon Magazine #80
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2012 :  21:04:44  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I no longer have my copy of this, and I need the name of the gnome necromancer (from the FR adventure).

The whole adventure would be nice, but obviously thats not going to happen (and shouldn't, because that would make us bad people).

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2012 :  21:17:05  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I didn't see any necromancer, but the antagonist is Skoradin Thinskin male gnome C8(Talos)/T9, captain of the paddleboat Frothing Miscreant, who played the pipe organ. His secret weapon, the Firebirds of Talos are reanimated, firetrapped bird skeletons. Sound familiar?

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Edited by - Fellfire on 15 Jun 2012 21:49:51
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2012 :  01:09:59  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yup, thanks.

I just didn't want to mark the map with "Lair of the Necrognome"

Despite how intriguing that sounds, I try to shorten the wordage on the maps as much as possible. Now I can simple call that locale "Skoradin's Cove", or some such.

Now that I fixed Cormyr, I realize that first town he hit (on the northern coast) could NOT have been Dawngleem - I made the mistake of using the 4e Cormyr map the last time I referenced that adventure. Always best to start from scratch with these sorts of projects - Thanks.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2012 :  04:33:33  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did he learn magic from the Necrognomicon?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2012 :  05:05:20  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Did he learn magic from the Necrognomicon?

I'm trying to remember whether there was a Necrognomicon in one of the DISCWORLD books now. It sounds so familiar.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000