Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 4e LFR vampire - concept help
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

combatadvantage
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2012 :  04:40:18  Show Profile Send combatadvantage a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hey all,

I'm looking for a cool concept for a 4e LFR vampire. I'm kind of stuck on my race choice (flavor > mechanics. Was thinking tiefling might be cool but not 100% sold.) and homeland.

I enjoy having historical connections to figures and events for my personal story. Bonus points for suggestions including those!

If you enjoy the 4e thing, here is his character sheet: http://combatadvantage.com/pdf/vampirewarlord.pdf

Regards!

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4436 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2012 :  05:04:44  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm.....

Well the Tiefling doesn't get Dex to thier stats, so that's going to be pretty rough for a Vampire to handle but from the looks of your character sheet, it appears as if you rolled for you stats (which is cool) and Your Dex/Cha seem pretty solid.

As for Homeland, not really sure where your from but if you want suggestions, I'd definitly recommend Erlkazar. The place is home of the Night Baronies:

From her resting place deep in a cavern beneath the barony of Ahlarkhem, Saestra rules the Night Barony. Generations of bandits, dozens of them now vampires, swarm the caverns under the Day Baronies.

Perhaps he's left because he was forced to kill people he loved? Or maybe he was tired of being a puppet for his Vampire Master? Better yet, he was forced to flee beause adventures slew all of his coven and now that he's no longer in the shadow of their protection, he has to come to grips with what he is and survive in society?

Maybe the character was wandering around the Spirit Soaring ruins and came across a small labratory in the cracks of the foundation. A quick exploration effort awarded him a long fall and hard stop at the bottom of the ruins. Bleeding from a dozen broken bones and a punctured lung, death was all be eminent. After some frantic searching, he comes across a small vial with a pink-ish mist, the reminants of the Chaos Curse. Thinking, no....hoping it's a healing potion, he downs the contents quickly. But realization dawns on him that it's bad.....very very bad and he dies. Three days later he awakens in the same place he had fallen asleep. Unsure of how he's alive he beings to find a way out and it's through his new vampiric abilities that he escapse the confines of the Spirit Soaring.

EDIT: Oh, BTW Welcome to Candlekeep!

Edited by - Diffan on 12 May 2012 05:05:49
Go to Top of Page

combatadvantage
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2012 :  05:37:27  Show Profile Send combatadvantage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the warm welcome! Long time lurker.

The 4e race I picked was revenant (Dex/Cha). You choose a past life race choice which effectively will be my race.

That is a pretty awesome suggestion! My group was just near Undumor (http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Undumor) for a pretty awesome vampire mission (AGLA2-01 The Undumor Connection) so I thought I might meet the party near there. Erlkazar is much farther south though right? Near Calimshan? Is the Night Barony connected to the twisted rune? I know Origins has some paragon Cali stories being run.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4436 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2012 :  06:00:10  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by combatadvantage

Thanks for the warm welcome! Long time lurker.

The 4e race I picked was revenant (Dex/Cha). You choose a past life race choice which effectively will be my race.

That is a pretty awesome suggestion! My group was just near Undumor (http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Undumor) for a pretty awesome vampire mission (AGLA2-01 The Undumor Connection) so I thought I might meet the party near there. Erlkazar is much farther south though right? Near Calimshan? Is the Night Barony connected to the twisted rune? I know Origins has some paragon Cali stories being run.

Yea, Erlkazar is far FAR to the West and I'm not totally sure about the Twisted Rune's involvement with the Night Barony (but I'm sure one could make it work). Perhaps a vampire of the Twisted Ruins want to expand their might and looks to the Night Barony for support in the West?

If your that far East, in Aglarond, then I'd also suggest a Vampire in service to Szass Tam who fled his corrupt reign of Thay. Maybe you were a prisoner given to a Vampire as a "plaything" and turned just for fun. Your soul was stolen away from the Raven Queen (I use her in my Realms, but you could also use Jergal or Kelemvore) to serve another puropse.....defeatin Szass Tam or at least, weakening his power on Thay and the East. But upon your Reanimation as a Revenant, the powerful elements of Vampirism is SO strong that you succumb to it's temptations. So you leave Thay on a boat and end up in Aglarond's shore, dazed and confused and really......thirsty.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000