Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Vampires of Note and Age
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2012 :  02:57:00  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How is the artwork depicting the VamPwent?

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2012 :  05:34:33  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fellfire

He mostly looks like Pwent with vampire fangs. And his eyes glow a little. And he looks EVEN MORE SCARY than before.

Also, tangentially, fans of vampires in the Realms MIGHT want to check out my forthcoming novel, Shadowbane: Eye of Justice, in which more than one vampire is encountered. It is Westgate, after all.

And there's also a little Realmsy vampiric action (this time in Waterdeep) in my free e-novella, "Chosen of the Sword."

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2012 :  11:31:50  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for sharing that . its very good stuff, makes me look forward to the actually novel.
Go to Top of Page

Kilvan
Senior Scribe

Canada
894 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2012 :  16:56:26  Show Profile Send Kilvan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Seravin

Thibbledorf Pwent is now a vampire on the side of good, after being a Gutbuster for so long. Interesting twist on a great character.

Please warn for spoilers, I didn't want to know that.
Go to Top of Page

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1281 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2012 :  19:23:51  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's a spoiler for a FR comic that was released a while ago and is now re-released in hardcover reprints. not for any upcoming FR novels. Should I warn you that the spellplague is coming too? Eesh.

Isn't a spoiler info on something that hasn't been released yet or at least was only very recently released??? That Pwent is now a vampire doesn't meet my definition of spoilers. I didn't even say anything of the plot or story in the comics at all.

Way too sensitive. If any mods want to go through and spoiler tag any information in my posts, go ahead. It's too insipid a request for me to do it myself.

Edited by - Seravin on 04 Jun 2012 19:29:23
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3740 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2012 :  19:40:25  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Generally speaking, it's polite to provide a spoiler warning if something is relatively new (one to two months). After that, it's more touchy-feely.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Kilvan
Senior Scribe

Canada
894 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2012 :  19:49:32  Show Profile Send Kilvan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Seravin

Way too sensitive. If any mods want to go through and spoiler tag any information in my posts, go ahead. It's too insipid a request for me to do it myself.

Too sensitive? Re-read both posts and tell me who's the sensitive one. As you say, Eesh.

And it is a spoiler, thank you for taking some care to warn other scribes about such things.

Oh, and you can also cut the sarcasm, thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2012 :  20:00:59  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And let's get back to the original topic, please.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

BEAST
Master of Realmslore

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2012 :  20:30:11  Show Profile  Visit BEAST's Homepage Send BEAST a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fellfire

<Here> are the various covers of the 5 issues. You can see him in a few.

And <here> is a preview of the first issue. Flip through there, and you'll see VampPwent emerging.

His helmet horn's not nearly big enough. How's a battlerager s'posed to properly skewer a baddie atop that puny li'l' thing? Bah!

Methinks the pic in <The Road to RAS's Neverwinter Book I> is still the best one yet.

"'You don't know my history,' he said dryly."
--Drizzt Do'Urden (The Pirate King, Part 1: Chapter 2)

<"Comprehensive Chronology of R.A. Salvatore Forgotten Realms Works">
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2012 :  21:12:02  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My thanks, BEAST. Just what I was looking for, without too much effort on my part. I'm not impressed.

I'd taken that to be Bruenor on the cover.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Edited by - Fellfire on 04 Jun 2012 21:13:40
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2012 :  05:32:01  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

And there's also a little Realmsy vampiric action (this time in Waterdeep) in my free e-novella, "Chosen of the Sword."

Cheers

Thanks, Erik. Will sink my teeth into this later.

Misanthorpe

Go to Top of Page

Bladewind
Master of Realmslore

Netherlands
1280 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2013 :  15:48:11  Show Profile Send Bladewind a Private Message  Reply with Quote
D&D vampires are awesome. They are far more feral and have dangerous offencive powers (energy drain in particular). I have introduced a bit of a regional style difference for the vampires of Faerun.

The north has the classical feral vampires, who run from wolf-like predators to ancient baron vampire lords. They tend to have barbarian, ranger, aristocrat or fighter levels. These vampires are incredibly territorial, and most are barely in control of their hunger for blood.

The western hearthlands has more urbane vampires, tending to travel from town to town or owning large estates near or in the bustle of a city. They tend to be have wizard, rogue or cleric levels. They are most likely to have inner strife, organising themselves largely by sire - fledgeling relation ships (think WoD's Sabbat mentality).

Quite a few cities in the Dragon Coast, Calimshan and the Shining South are dominated by ancient vampire clan houses, who are thoroughly embedded into their territory's power structures. They tend to take aristocrat, rogue, wizard or fighter levels. They are tightly organised by bloodlines, with expendable fledgeling vampires doing the bidding of their millenia old masters (think WoD Camarilla).

Eastern vampires tend to revel in their demonic power, becoming consumate predators or scheming manipulators. Their lesser spawn are experimented upon and many a variant undead are from their making. Most take necromancer, cleric, rogue or ranger levels.

I think the oldest vampire in the Realms is probably non human. Perhaps the oldest vampire still around is a titan? Of giants can't become vampires, perhaps a batrachi?

My campaign sketches

Druidic Groves

Creature Feature: Giant Spiders
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2013 :  00:31:10  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is also the vampire drow priestess of Kiaransalee who is the main villain in the City of the Spider Queen sourcebook. Can't recall her name offhand, but it starts with an I. apparently she took over Guallidurth. (I think that was the right city...)

MT, if you think WoD and Underworld seem similar, there may be a GOOD reason for that. Rumors have flown for years that Underworld was based on a WoD campaign, and there were enough similarities that the WoD puplishers White Wolf supposedly tried to sue the movie-makers for infringement. Don't know how that went, but....

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6662 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2013 :  04:18:12  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bladewind

<BIG SNIP>

I really like this for vampires of the Realms. Good stuff.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Bladewind
Master of Realmslore

Netherlands
1280 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2013 :  17:31:03  Show Profile Send Bladewind a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks!

I'd think I'd develope the ideas a bit further with some homebrew bloodlines:

Clan Maur

The Maur bloodline are a clan of ambitious conquest oriented vampires. Descendants of the ancient Vaasan vampire Redrick von Maur (LE male vampire Fighter 12/Ranger 8/giantkiller 5), titanslayer and eventual vampire lord of the crumbled Shadefall Castle north of the the Titan Peaks in the shadowed valley of the the Northern Galena Mountains, this vampire bloodline taintes a large swath of Northern Faerun. The Maur clan are feared as tacticians, with numerous famous vampires having risen to become dread-generals of the night, commanding undead and (ghoulish) mercenaries along with packs of wolves and swarms of bats and rats through fear, force of will and/or resources. They prefer to house their black granite coffins in acient black bastions that can be found all over Northern Faerun.

The clans oldest master vampires claim to have held a northern Empire of the Night thousands of years before Dale Reckoning, that reached from all the northern parts of lands between the Nether Mountains and the Icelace Lakes. After Redrick von Maur was destroyed by a unknown mage-priest of Aumanator, a great internal feud over territory escalated into an all out war that tore the clans and its bloody empire apart. Afer the 'Bloodnight' campaigns ended, the remaining isolated baronies were slowly engulfed by bitter colds and endless snow, and eventually the Great Glacier claimed most of clan Maur territory.

This sibling bloodfeud is well remembered and still played by the descendants of the second generation Master Vampires of clan Maur, with many vampires of the North squabbling over ancient claims of receding territory. The fragmented bloodline was slowly pushed south in the following generations as more and more of their human cattle was displaced by the icesheet of the glacier. While those with large enough armies were able to wrest control from southern vampire bloodlines, most encountered stiff resistance by the vampires (especially when facing those trained in the Art). Many dreadgenerals were assasinated from the shadows and destroyed, with many lower generation vampires degenerating into the wild predators of the night prowling the north right now.

Next up!

Clan Nefferat

This sisterhood is largely consisting of female monstrous humanoid vampires and vampire spawn, and loves to work through beguilement and charms amongst human lands. They have been active since the Dawn Ages in the territories of Tethyr, Chondothan, Mulhorand and Calimshan, who's countries all have horror stories about vampire queen brides and rumors of vampire maidens locking themselves in shaded castletowers inlfuencing their lords from the shadows. Few is known about the enigmatic founder of the clan the lamia Nera Nefferat (female lamia noble sorcerer 12/mindbender 5), but most of the newer generation vampires are of human descent nowadays, making clan Nefferats infiltration attempts and information network less likely to be discovered.

Necrarch, the monstrous lamia citadel where Nera Nefferat first became a vampire, is rumored to have lain in the Akanul near the Mearthwatch Mountains. A large citadel built for decadent demonic worsip and dark pacts, it was ruled by a male lamia necromancer king of Necrarch, Apsut III. The beautiful and noble born Nera soon became his consort, and Neferat quickly learned Apsut wanted to become a lich. She yearned for the same immortality but was told to wait untill she bore him an heir. She took to study the dark arts during her many hours warming the eggs hoping she could outrun her consorts research and beat him to immortality. She stalled time by only giving Apsut daughters, having found a way to determine the male lamias in the eggs she laid and eating them whole.

One the fated night queen Neferat became a vampire, Nera thought, mind girded with infernal enchantments, that she would be strong enough to start the ritual in which she would turn into a lich. She was wrong and stopped breathing. Her hart stopped beating. She was not... dead? That night she accidentaly killed her king due to a terrible bloodlust induced frenzy.

At first she was devastated, but seeing the need for protection she started repeating the ritual for her daughters and a handful of trusted lieutenants. She learned that draining blood transfered her undead power a month later, when Apsut rose from his grave as a vampire with a ravenous hunger. Rejoiced, the pair began a rule of depraved decadency. Their realm was destroyed by a trio of avatars of Tyr, Ilmater and Torm in the Procession of Justice (-247 DR). Apsu was destroyed, but Nera and her daughters escaped. Their biggest current coven lies in a slender tower near Saradush, in the Omlarandin Mountains.

More to come on the Strigoi, a nosferatu like bloodstrain in the realms that orginated from a gargoyle bloodline.

My campaign sketches

Druidic Groves

Edited by - Bladewind on 14 Feb 2013 22:56:40
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2013 :  18:02:48  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is some of this inspired by the recent Pathfinder book on vampires?

Go to Top of Page

Bladewind
Master of Realmslore

Netherlands
1280 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2013 :  18:25:21  Show Profile Send Bladewind a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They have one? Need to look into that ASAP. Love me some vampire lore.

I borrowed some ideas and was inspired by Ravenloft, Warhammer Fantasy's Vampire Counts and a little Vampire: the Masquerade.

My campaign sketches

Druidic Groves

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2013 :  19:17:55  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

They have one? Need to look into that ASAP. Love me some vampire lore.

I borrowed some ideas and was inspired by Ravenloft, Warhammer Fantasy's Vampire Counts and a little Vampire: the Masquerade.

Blood of the Night

I quite liked it. Some nifty ideas in there, and I liked the different spin on the origin of vampires in the setting.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2013 :  02:25:04  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

... Warhammer Fantasy's Vampire Counts ...
That would be the bits about Necrarch and Nera Nefferat, right? It sounds suspiciously like what was written about the origins of the vampire counts in the first Vampire Counts army book.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2013 :  17:02:14  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Nyevarra, a former durthan turned vampire by Lod's minions. She was already formidable during her time as a "living" durthan. Undeath/vampirism is just a bonus.

She's more than a century old.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2013 :  23:59:18  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pfft, Stil just a "baby", then, in vamp terms.... Lestat was nearly three hundred, at last check, and STILL considered fairly "young"! And then there was the vampire "Queen" Akasha from those books- several thousand years old.

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2013 :  13:55:51  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

True, but she's archmage level—when you read The Masked Witches and Prophet of the Dead, you'll see how she would give even Elminster a pause.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Bladewind
Master of Realmslore

Netherlands
1280 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2013 :  18:55:44  Show Profile Send Bladewind a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

... Warhammer Fantasy's Vampire Counts ...
That would be the bits about Necrarch and Nera Nefferat, right? It sounds suspiciously like what was written about the origins of the vampire counts in the first Vampire Counts army book.

Yeah, I tried to realmsify the story of the Lhamians bloodline because its that awesome. I perhaps need to look into eastern lamia (snakefolk with torso of people and snakebodies for legs) folklore to mix into the story of the Nefferat bloodline.

Has there been any stories about a Cure for Vampirism in the Realms?

When a 13th level priest casts resurrection on an undead vampire body, the soul of the body returns if it is willing. But how much does the mortal bodies soul remember of its vampiric existance? Does the undead soul (or animus) get to decide if it wants to return to life? I understood from previous discussion in these halls that undead have no souls and are driven by an animus. I prepose that the souls of the dead are infact bound to the corpse by an animus. This makes unintelligent undead even more horrible, as the souls inside experience the horrors of (for example) zombie existance.

So I'd prefer the vampires orignal soul would recollect its memories as its vampiric animus become part of the new soul of the character, and this new entity weighs the pros and cons of coming back to life. Ancient vampires dark souls are extremely strong willed, having become bloated with soulstuff after centuries of feeding, and attemps to bring them back to life have huge risk of failure.

But I digress.

On with the next monstrous vampire bloodline:

Strigoi

Long ago in a northeastern orc kingdom long forgotten, an orcish warlord wrested control of a large valley from dwarves, gaining a series of mountain citadels connected by a vast labyrinth of dwarven and orcish build tunnels. The warlord entertained his increasingly restless orcish subjects with arena fights in an old underground temple of Moradin, topped by massive gargoyles. He staged fights between his elite gladiators, dwarven captors and any beasts his skilled hunters could catch in the valley. After several months of spectacles, the warlords greatest arena champion eventually emerged, a dwarf gladiator that wielded a bloodsplattered maul with brutal speed. Unknown to the public was that he was a vampire, bereft of his long buildup powerstructures and burning with an unholy vengeance.

One night the dwarf was to be pitted against one of the arenas massive guardian gargoyles named Fleshcutter, a winged creature of immense strength. The fight was never fought, as the moment he locked eyes with the monstrous creature the dwarven vampire used his dominate ability on the gargoyle. The gargoyle was drained of its blood and turned vampire.

Hungry but bound by his new vampiric master, he flew himself towards a supportbeam upon which the balcony of the orc warlord rested. The vampiric Fleshcutter managed to topple the balcony, grapple the orc warlord and lift the terryfied warlord toward the ceiling, embracing him in flight, while his entourage fell into the arena into the dwarven vampires vengeful reach. Fleshcutter then proceded to sample the blood of his fellow gargoyles, who were easily distracted prey as the bloodshed below ensued.

On the arena floors the resulting bloodbath ended in all the orcs of the warlords entourage being turned vampire. Driven mad by hunger the orc vampires turned on the trapped orc spectators. A whole arena was soon filled with screams of vampire spawn, orcs, and gargoyles who turned on eachother to make a bloody and horrible scene. Several gargoyle vampires saw a means to escape to the night, and began breaking more and more support beams holding the ceiling together. Eventually the ceiling gave way, collapsing and destroying the entire arena and much of the citadel with it. The dwarf vampire vanished, escaping into the night never to be heard of again. Similarly the blood-mangled orc kingdom was not heard from again.

Stories of vampires with an affinity for stone magics have been surfacing around the north. These Strigoi are now spreading their wings by night from many a mountain region. They care little for subterfuge, as their flight makes their coffins highly defensible and don't need to fear non flying vampire hunters as much. They often hunt for blood in pairs, descending from the skies at dusk and hurding screaming folk into the hands of their fellow hunters. They are very though, and posses monstrous strength even for vampires and love the visceral feel of personal combat. Strigoi like to bring their prey up high in the sky, to drain their victems of their blood while flying.

My campaign sketches

Druidic Groves

Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2013 :  19:36:19  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thearyn Shalahd is a VERY powerful vampire who resides in Undermountain.

Spadreera Omarkhont is a Vampyre of undermonutain, as well.

Ezira Gloomdelve (CE female human vampire Nec14) is a vampire of Skullport with 2 servant vampires who in turn serves a warrior who holds her spellbook hostage. (I imagine she will find her way free of him before long)

There is a vampire's tomb in the mountains north of Waterdeep with a gate to undermountain - The identity of the inhabitant is unknown.

A band of at least a dozen beautiful elven vampire maidens dwells in a grotto in Undermountain, near the docks. They fly out at nights, wandering the city south of the Castle, searching for luckless men who become their prey. The most handsome become their undead servants and lovers, and the others are left, near death from blood-drain.

Daggerdale was once called Merrydale before it was infested with vampires. I'd assume at least one of these still survives (most likely the most powerful).

Phandalin is a ruined village of the sword coast. There are tales of keeps high in the mountains nearby that are haunted by wyverns and vampires.

Among the greater undead who serve the Ultra-lich Larloch at Warloch's Crypt are "many vampires".

Southkrypt Garden is home to a vampire hill giant shaman (6th level) and his three vampire hill giant servants.

Valhingen Graveyard of Phlaan was haunted by a powerful vampire which I personally slew countless times in the old Nintendo video game Pool of Radiance :D

There are countless rumors of vampires in Raven's bluff - I'd assume at least some of them are true - no telling which ones though.
Go to Top of Page

Bladewind
Master of Realmslore

Netherlands
1280 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2013 :  21:05:42  Show Profile Send Bladewind a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Strigoi have the following abilities instead of normal vampires:
Special Qualities:
Replacing Spider Climb, the Strigoi gains Meld into Stone cast as a sorcerer with CL 5.
Strigoi lose the ability to asume the shape of a (dire) wolf or bat, instead they can cast Stoneskin (CL 8) as a spelllike ability once a day.
Racial bonus to natural AC increases by +8 instead of +6.

Example Strigoi, the infamous Fleshcutter himself:

Fleshcutter
CE Large Undead (Enhanced Monstrous Humanoid)
5th level Barbarian
Challenge Rating: 15 [6 advanced gargoyle, +4 vampire lord template, +5 class levels]
Face/Reach: 10 ft. x 10 ft./10 ft.
Initiative Modifier: +11
Perception: Darkvision 60 ft., Low-light vision, Spot +15, Listen + 18
Languages: Common, Terran

Hit Dice: 13d12 +13 Hit Points: 120
Speed: 55 ft., fly 85 ft. (average)
Armor Class: 30, touch 17, flat-footed 23 (-1 size, +7 Dex, +9 natural, +3 bracers of armor, +2 ring of protection)
BaB/Grapple: +12/+36
Attacks: 2 claws +26 melee [+8 gargoyle, +5 barbarian, +14 Str, -1 size] (1d6+14) AND Bite +24 melee [+8 gargoyle, +5 barbarian, +14 Str, -2 secondary attack from Multiattack, -1 size] (1d8+7) AND Gore +24 melee [+8 gargoyle, +5 barbarian, +14 Str, -2 secondary attack from Multiattack, -1 size] (1d8+7)
OR
2 slams +26 melee [+8 gargoyle, +5 barbarian, +14 Str, -1 size] (1d6+14 and energy drain (3 levels)) AND Bite +24 melee [+8 gargoyle, +5 barbarian, +14 Str, -2 secondary attack from Multiattack, -1 size] (1d8+7) AND Gore +24 melee [+8 gargoyle, +5 barbarian, +14 Str, -2 secondary attack from Multiattack, -1 size] (1d8+7)
______

Special Attacks/Qualities:
Blood drain (1d4+2 con per turn)
Children of the Night
Domination (within sight or in range for voice)
Create Spawn
Energy drain
+4 turn resistance
Fast healing 8
Gaseous form (CL 5)
Stone Meld (CL 5)
Darkvision 60 ft.
Low-light vision
Damage Reduction 10/magic and silver
Immune to poison
Cold, Electricity, and Fire Resistance 10
Freeze (Ex): A gargoyle can hold itself so still it appears to be a statue. An observer must succeed at a Spot check DC 20 to notice that the gargoyle is really alive.
Vampiric spell-like abilities, cast as 13th-level [monster level] sorcerer: at will- alternate form, telekinesis, telepathy (1 mile for vampires, 100 feet for other sentients), control weather, fog cload, stone meld (CL 5); stone skin (CL 8) 1/day
Fast Movement: +10 to base move, included above.
Rage: Gains +4 Str, +4 Con, +2 morale bonus on Will saves, -2 morale bonus to AC. (Adds +2 to all attacks and 26 hit points). Lasts 10 [3 + improved Con modifier] rounds. Can do 2/day.
Uncanny Dodge: Dex bonus to AC even when flat-footed or struck by invisible attacker. Also cannot be flanked.
_______

Saving Throws: Fortitude +13 [+6 gargoyle, +4 barbarian, +3 Cha] Reflex +16 [+6 gargoyle, +1 barbarian, +7 Dex] Will +9 [+2 gargoyle, +1 barbarian, +2 lightning reflexes, +3 Wis, +2 Iron Will]
Strength: 39 (+14)
Dexterity: 24 (+7)
Constitution: -
Intelligence: 18 (+4)
Wisdom: 16 (+3)
Charisma: 17 (+3)
_________

Skills [80 gargoyle, 30 barbarian]: Balance +11 [4 gargoyle cross-class, +7 Dex], Escape Artist +13 [4 gargoyle cross-class, +2 barbarian cross-class, +7 Dex], Hide +13* [10 gargoyle, +7 Dex, -4 size], Intimidate +15 [8 barbarian, +3 Cha, +4 size], Jump +52 [4 gargoyle cross-class, +4 barbarian, +14 (+16) Str, +30 ring of jumping], Listen +18 [11 gargoyle, +4 barbarian, +3 Wis, +2 Alertness], Move Silently +11 [4 gargoyle cross-class, +7 Dex], Search +8 [4 gargoyle cross-class, +4 Int], Spot +15 [11 gargoyle, +1 barbarian cross-class, +3 Wis, +2 Alertness], Survival +15 [4 gargoyle cross-class, +8 barbarian, +3 Wis] * additional +8 racial Hide bonus when concealed against a background of worked stone
Feats [4 gargoyle, 3 bonus gargoyle, 9th and 12th level character]: Alertness, Cleave, Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Improved Initiative, and Lightning Reflexes, Flyby Attack, Mobility, Multiattack, Power Attack, Improved Unarmed Strike, Improved Grapple, Improved Sunder, Iron Will, Leadership (a CE gargoyle vampire named Gehenna; CR 8)
________

Equipment: The bonuses for these items are included in the statistics above. [35,000 gp for 13th level character] belt of giant strength +4 [16,000 gp], bracers of armor +3 [9,000 gp], ring of protection +2 [8,000 gp], ring of jumping [2,000 gp]

My campaign sketches

Druidic Groves

Edited by - Bladewind on 16 Feb 2013 21:34:27
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page