Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 My Realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Aryalómë
Senior Scribe

USA
666 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2012 :  15:31:38  Show Profile Send Aryalómë a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Okay, so I decided to make an improved (for me) version of FR with a good deal of tweaks and twoks. I'll make several posts explaining the differences. Any questions are definitely welcome!

Instalment 1: The Fey

I got really tired and annoyed of the typical good fey. In a lot of lore that I've read, they fey aren't they these 'do-gooders'. So, I decided to give the fey a make over. One big thing to remember is that in my Realms, there is no such thing as an alignment system. There is only behavioral styles: Lawful, Neutral, and Chaotic. Too many different people have different views on what good and evil are, so I decided to throw it all out.

The Tel'Quessir

Ar'Tel'Quessir
The Ar'Tel'Quess were the first of the Tel'Quess the start empires in Faerun. After many of them migrated from Faerie from Tintageer (that kingdom is still around and still very powerful and functioning), they started to create their kingdoms. A great isle that was in Ar'Tel'Quess lands happened to exist both within Faerie and in the Prime-Evermeet. From Evermeet, the Ar'Tel'Quess spread out in Faerun, dominating the lands.

Their most famous kindgom, Aryvandaar, was among these. Like all of the Tel'Quess, they experienced problems from the once dominant dragons, but overcame them eventually. This era was known as the First Flowering. The Crown Wars came and went, taking with it several of the old Tel'Quess kingdoms and empires. (The Drow were always dark grey skinned and aren't 'evil' in my Realms, the Crown Wars was more about cultural differences more than anything else).

Next came the second most famous Ar'Tel'Quess empire, Myth Drannor. It experienced the longest prosperity of the ones before it and was the greatest power in the land for several centuries. Then came the Year of Doom, which is regarded as the fall of the Tel'Quess in general studies. Demons flooded the cities and lands of many different Tel'Quess kingdoms and empires and laid them to rubble. Almost none remained unscathed. The retreating Ar'Tel'Quess fled to Evermeet (which is under complete Ar'Tel'Quess rule, other races, including fey ones, are kept in very strict areas, never fully allowed access to the Isle). There, they reign, guarding what is left of their once great empire.

Recently, Myth Drannor has been retaken and resettlement has gone underway. Many Ar'Tel'Quess, though, choose to stay in Evermeet, as they are most comfortable there.

As for Tintageer, it has remained in a perpetual state of stableness, more or less. Recently, there was a near disastrous goblin slave revolt. The goblin slaves took control of some very strategic areas, but were eventually put down by a small party of adventurers; the surviving goblins re-enslaved under much harsher rules.

Statistics of the Ar'Tel'Quessir:
Strength +2
Intelligence +3
Wisdom +3
Charisma -1 (+0 when to other Ar'Tel'Quessir)
Dexterity +1
Constitution +0

Have the Feystep Racial Power

Size: Medium
Speed: 6 squares
Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Tel'Quess, Sylvan

Skill Bonuses: +2 Arcana, +2 History, +2 Religion

Ar'Tel'Quess Education: You gain training in one additional
skill.

Ar'Tel'Quess Weapon Proficiency: You gain proficiency
with daggers, staves, long swords and short swords.

Ar'Tel'Quess Will: You gain a +1 racial bonus to your Will
defense.
In addition, you gain a +5 racial bonus to saving
throws against charm effects.
Fey Origin: Your ancestors were native to the Feywild,
so you are considered a fey creature for the purpose
of effects that relate to creature origin.

Reverie: Rather than sleep, Tel'Quessir enter a meditative
state known as trance (which looks as if they are sleeping, and it almost is). You need to spend 4 hours in
this state to gain the same benefits other races gain
from taking a 6-hour extended rest. While in a trance,
you are fully aware of your surroundings and notice
approaching enemies and other events as normal.
Fey Step: You can use fey step as an encounter power

Physical Description:

The Ar'Tel'Quess have a light golden skin colour. They have green, gold, or light blue eyes. They are the tallest of the Tel'Quess, their heights ranging from 6'2 to 6'5. They have a medium body build; males can get muscular, but not quite on the level the (Wild Elves) can. They are also second strongest of Tel'Quess and, next to the (Wild Elves). They are extremely beautiful, making many other races and species quite jealous. Ar'Tel'Quessir and Ruar'Tel'Quess are generally thought to be the most beautiful of all of the Tel'Quessir.

Racial Relations:
The Ar'Tel'Quess generally get along with most of the Tel'Quessir and other fey races.

Best Relations:
Ruar'Tel'Quessir
Eladrin (mostly Tulani and Fhirre)
LeShay (contact between the two has been extremely sparse, but it has been very good too)
Aril'Tel'Quessir

Good Relations:
All other Tel'Quessir, except for Ssri'Tel'Quessir
Most other Fey
Celestials

Neutral Relations:
Genasi
Some other Elementals

Bad Relations
Ssri'Tel'Quessir
Humans
Beast Races
Devils

Murderous Relations:
Half Elves
Demons
Goblins (if not enlsaved)
Orcs
Trolls
Ogres
Some Elementals

Aryalómë
Senior Scribe

USA
666 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2012 :  15:48:34  Show Profile Send Aryalómë a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, I'm going to put this here in case anything legal might come up:
Disclaimer-
I do not own FR or WotC, this is just my homebrew FR that I'm sharing. :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000