Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 What drove the Netherese to create flying cities?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2011 :  22:15:25  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think he refers to Doubloon, but we don't know that for certain.
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7989 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2011 :  22:19:09  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Netheril briefly mentions that three cities fled to other planes, although it did not name them or their destinations. It also mentions that Lord Shadow, with some assistance from Karsus, faked his own death while fleeing to the Demiplane of Shadow, and that he was master of his own enclave.

Subsequent lore established that Shadow is Telamont and that he took his entire enclave of Thultanthar/Shade to the Shadowfell with him. Shar was apparently instrumental in the salvation of the city.

Opus/Selûnarra instead fled to the Astral, through the workings of Selûne, and sometimes sends covert assistance to Faerûn to battle the Shadovar.

An example of what I'm asking about is sunken Sakkors. The city was never named and never existed prior to its introduction in the modern Realms as needed by an author, it was simply invented to make an interesting story work. No fixed quantities have been given, "most" and "hundreds or thousands" are quite vague when the impact of even a single Netherese city can be profound. What if, for example, this third unnamed city was taken to Acheron by Tempus, the inhabitants are now militant cambions and tieflings who practice infernal Netherese magic and endlessly hone their skills of war, and it plans to open mythallar-powered gates to Hell on Faerûn as the first phase of an invasion? Or what if this city went elsewhere and the original inhabitants have been displaced by Giths or Illithids or Slaadi, along with their realization that they can use it (and the city's mythallar) to gain a permanent foothold on a Prime by invading Toril? How many other cities remain lost to history until Szass Tam grows tiresome and a new imperative threat is needed to menace Faerûn?

[/Ayrik]

Edited by - Ayrik on 07 Nov 2011 22:25:50
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36797 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2011 :  00:17:41  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

Netheril briefly mentions that three cities fled to other planes, although it did not name them or their destinations. It also mentions that Lord Shadow, with some assistance from Karsus, faked his own death while fleeing to the Demiplane of Shadow, and that he was master of his own enclave.

Subsequent lore established that Shadow is Telamont and that he took his entire enclave of Thultanthar/Shade to the Shadowfell with him. Shar was apparently instrumental in the salvation of the city.

Opus/Selûnarra instead fled to the Astral, through the workings of Selûne, and sometimes sends covert assistance to Faerûn to battle the Shadovar.

An example of what I'm asking about is sunken Sakkors. The city was never named and never existed prior to its introduction in the modern Realms as needed by an author, it was simply invented to make an interesting story work. No fixed quantities have been given, "most" and "hundreds or thousands" are quite vague when the impact of even a single Netherese city can be profound. What if, for example, this third unnamed city was taken to Acheron by Tempus, the inhabitants are now militant cambions and tieflings who practice infernal Netherese magic and endlessly hone their skills of war, and it plans to open mythallar-powered gates to Hell on Faerûn as the first phase of an invasion? Or what if this city went elsewhere and the original inhabitants have been displaced by Giths or Illithids or Slaadi, along with their realization that they can use it (and the city's mythallar) to gain a permanent foothold on a Prime by invading Toril? How many other cities remain lost to history until Szass Tam grows tiresome and a new imperative threat is needed to menace Faerûn?

I honestly don't recall that reference to three cities fleeing -- a disappearance or two, yes, but not three cities fleeing.

As for Sakkors, it was mentioned and described back during 2nd edition, long before anyone was dreaming of 3E or bringing back Netherese cities.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2011 :  00:35:32  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wooly's on the mark. Sakkors was referenced as a ruin in Steven Schend's Sea of Fallen Stars tome.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Portella
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
247 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2011 :  00:41:08  Show Profile  Visit Portella's Homepage Send Portella a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I can count 14 enclaves during the golden age and there is eleven at the fall. Please see below the painfully put together list for everyone.

Netheril Enclaves

• +*Spiel

• +*Lachery

• +*Buoyance

• +*Karsus

• +*Opus

• +*Delia

• *Ioulaum

• +*Shade

• +*Palter

• +*Shadowtop Borough

• *doubloon

• +*Quaqmire

• +*Sanctuary

• +*Jockteleg

Legend: Golden Age *, At the fall +

Early birds

Tanathras

The floating city of
Tanathras, ruled by the archwizard Falious (NG hm W36), decided
to make an example of Dagger’s Point in 3212. The archwizard
planned to establish his city over Dagger’s Point as a summer
retreat location, but he wanted to clear out the evil that was
rampant in the city before doing so.
Unfortunately for Falious, Trothas was prepared for his
approach. As Tanathras began its journey to the Dagger’s Point,
Trothas’s “former students” (who were advising Falious as to
the best course of action to take to control Dagger’s Point) cast
a disintegrate spell at the city’s mythallar, plunging Tanathras
into the side of the Dagger Mountains. The students escaped via
contingency magic.

Sunrest

The first enclave fell in 2202, when the floating city of Sunrest
yielded to the effects of ill-planned spell research. The city hailed
the impending creation of a spell called the Sunrest sunshock
(which was an early attempt at an ultra-powerful meteor swarm
spell), but an accident occurred. The spell probably worked correctly,
especially when eyewitness accounts from the city of
Remembrance reported a blinding flash of light from the west, with
a deafening roar that followed a few minutes later. Those who
watched were horrified to see the whole enclave fall to the ground
into a heap of rubble and stone. No one survived the accident.

Missing from action

Doubloon

As the counterfeiting
and gem operations of Doubloon grew, so did the interest in
bring Tempera to justice. Karsus nearly trapped the city in 3417, but Doubloon simply disappeared as the two cities closed with
one another. It was widely believed that Tempera had discovered
a method for rendering the entire city invisible, although
many more believed that Karsus banished Doubloon and its
inhabitants to some fiendish demiplane that Shadow had discovered.
The truth remained unknown even after the fall of
Netheril.

Opus

The Fall and Beyond (3520+): It’s widely believed that the
city of Opus was spared the destruction of Netheril’s cities by
divining the effects of Karsus’s avatar spell and evacuating mere
moments before magic failed. The truth behind their salvation
was somewhat hazy, however, and other sources stated that the
goddess Selûne personally delivered them from destruction.

Shade

We know about that one.

Your's faithful
Portella

Purple you say?!

Go to Top of Page

Portella
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
247 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2011 :  00:49:18  Show Profile  Visit Portella's Homepage Send Portella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And as a last post before I go to bed

Floating Cities

Ioulaum once again proved his worth when he created the first
floating city in the year 866. Tired of fighting orcs, goblins, and
others who wanted to feed off the toils of the Netherese
Ioulaum took one of his mythallars to the southern section of
the Rampant Peaks and sheared off the summit of a mountain
with an 11th-level spell. Using a form of Yturn’s levitation and
Chronomancer’s gravity reversal, he placed the mythallar in
the center of the flat side (effectively upside down) and rotated
the mountain point down, giving him a large, circular, flat surface
upon which to build a city. He called the new structure
Ioulaum’s Enclave, and it soon became a flying city as people
from all across Netheril flocked to him, wanting to live in the
clouds, high above the threat of “those who fear and don’t
understand magic.”

Purple you say?!

Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Asmodeus
Master of Realmslore

1221 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2011 :  01:07:53  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Asmodeus's Homepage Send Chosen of Asmodeus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ariel superiority and a stunning view.

"Then I saw there was a way to Hell even from the gates of Heaven"
- John Bunyan, Pilgrim's Progress

Fatum Iustum Stultorum. Righteous is the destiny of fools.

The Roleplayer's Gazebo;
http://theroleplayersgazebo.yuku.com/directory#.Ub4hvvlJOAY
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2011 :  03:02:18  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bear in mind THE Netherease (not the Shade 'pretenders') were all different temperaments, alignments, personalities, tastes, etc, etc... in other words, a working, normal (by fantasy standards) human civilization. To think of them (the originals) as 'flying pirates' is disingenuous - they were people, plain and simple.

The aristocracy was able to live above the 'stench and squalor', just as it is in any society. The Netherease were just able to do it with style.

Do not base the your notions of the first empire upon that which returned in a single city. There were several 'evil' cities, and Shade wasn't even the worst of them, but there were more moderate cities, and probably just as many 'good' cities. The Netherease were not monsters, merely a society of very talented individuals who allowed their hubris to get the best of them.

If you do not by that, then why would they bother to commit genocide (and nearly succeed) on all the Orcs in the North, when those creatures had no means of attacking the flying enclaves? They could have just as easily created a few flying farms for food, and ignored the groundlings plight. And Dwarves don't make friends lightly, and yet they allied with the Netherease (along with Elves of the High Forest, who traded with them through the ruined port).

The Gnomes were a different matter, and probably the reason the other races eventually tuned their backs on the archmages. I think the Gnomes were actually brought to The Realms by them - they seem to have a great deal of disdain for non-Torillian lifeforms. That would explain a lot, like the complete lack of pre-Netheril Gnome lore, and why the other races either overlooked it or were unaware of it for so long (it was something that developed after the relations with those other races were already established).

The whole last paragraph is mostly conjecture, so file that away under 'homebrew'.

quote:
Originally posted by entreri3478

quote:
Originally posted by Hoondatha

If we must purple, I prefer purple and bold. If it's bolded, I can at least read it.

I don't even bother reading the posts that are colored, bold, or in all CAPS.
Some times, when you have too many nested quotes it goes blue by itself, which is an idiosyncrasy of the site.

Obviously, that wasn't the case here.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 08 Nov 2011 03:07:07
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2011 :  03:11:00  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chosen of Asmodeus

Ariel superiority and a stunning view.

That's Lady Polaris's reason.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36797 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2011 :  04:07:09  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Some times, when you have too many nested quotes it goes blue by itself, which is an idiosyncrasy of the site.

Obviously, that wasn't the case here.

It's not the nesting of quotes, it's when one of the bits of code gets omitted. It only seems to happened with nested quotes, but it's not the nested quotes themselves that are the problem -- I've fixed that more than once, myself.

Go to Top of Page

Portella
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
247 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2011 :  07:42:11  Show Profile  Visit Portella's Homepage Send Portella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The reason from the paragraph was Ioulaum reason for creating the first flying city. However each one had their own reason.

They were not pirates nor did they ignore the people on the ground, at least some of them. Doubloon was more of a pirate state thought. I think it is pretty safe to think that each one had their own reasons for building flying cities and that as everything there were good and evil netherese.

I dont think anyone is thinking other wise.

Purple you say?!

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2011 :  08:31:38  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Just want to share Ed's thoughts:

quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Hi again, all.
I bring a reply from Ed to Dennis, re. this: "Hi, Ed! I wonder, what exactly drove the Netherese to create flying enclaves? Was it just for the simple fact that they wanted to stand literally above all the other civilizations? Perhaps to slake their wanderlust, if they had one? Or did they think it the most convenient and fastest way of expanding their empire?"
Ed responds:

Hi, Dennis. sorry, but none of the above (though some of those motivations might have been true for certain individual archwizards). As I've said before, at the Keep and elsewhere, the various archwizards were far more individuals pursuing their own personal interests than they were a cohesive 'empire.' A FEW of them wanted to explore and travel, and a few wanted to conquer or expand their influence, but the Netherese in general did not consider themselves a 'civilization' in conflict or rivalry with other 'civilizations.' It's simply wrong to think of them as a group that cooperated often on much of anything, let alone cultural conquest. (For instance, there was never any such thing as a "Netherese army.")
In the past I've explained that floating cities developed initially as a way of creating environments under the complete control of their creating archwizard, but still being near to the "underlings" (also Netherese) who gathered foodstuffs or hunted for them or farmed them, and mined (etc.) for various other things the archwizards needed. It had to do with dominance of each other (and beasts that happened to be handy), not other peoples. When you post: "the simple fact that they wanted to stand literally above all the other civilizations," there's a problem: it's not a simple fact, or even a fact at all.
A few individual Netherese, notably Karsus and some of the inhabitants of Shade, wanted to be "above" all others - - but that's not true of the Netherese as a race, collectively. Any more than it would be correct to say, for example, "All Americans play football and baseball, and do all their cooking on barbecues." Certainly SOME Americans may do all three of these, but...
And what later humans, looking back, call "the Netherese empire" was anything but. It's our later way of mentally collecting together scores of completely independent city-states and flying cities.
Many flying cities were built by workers forced to build them by archwizards who wanted to "keep up with" rival archwizards, or who were fascinated by the idea of building an environment whose physical laws were spell-controlled and -determined, and wanted to benefit by having one of their own.

So saith Ed. Who created Netheril, its flying cities, the Realms around them, and so on...
love to all,
THO

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2011 :  04:51:07  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yet surprising that the obvious next evolution from flying city, that is a city which can travel to different worlds and planes, hardly existed. Only three cities had such capability, I believe, and managed to survive Netheril's Fall.

Few were known to possess such capability, but I'm inclined to think more than half of the enclaves had it. It was noted, in the long history of Netheril, that as of -1114 DR [long before Karsus was born (-696 DR)], the High Netherese began experimenting with travel to other worlds.

Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7989 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2011 :  07:22:55  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You may be right, Dennis. But scrying and walking through other planes is a much simpler accomplishment than transposing an entire city. I would think that cities would need to be designed, or heavily modified, to support this capability. Somewhat similar in overall scale (if not in the particulars), I suppose, to the sort of redesign effort needed to turn a passenger aircraft into an orbital shuttle.

Having said that, I have little doubt many Netherese archwizards could've accomplished this if they chose to do so. It appears, however, that very few did make this choice, as the vast majority of Netherese flying cities were present on (above) Faerûn during the Fall, and were apparently unable to effect their escape.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2011 :  16:41:07  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

More than a score archwizards might have the ability to transport their entire enclaves to the planes of their choice, but simply didn't possess the foresight, or most likely, the luck that could have saved them from Karsus's Folly.

Edited by - Dennis on 13 Nov 2011 16:41:51
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36797 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2011 :  17:17:24  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

More than a score archwizards might have the ability to transport their entire enclaves to the planes of their choice, but simply didn't possess the foresight, or most likely, the luck that could have saved them from Karsus's Folly.

I think luck is the biggest factor, here.

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2011 :  17:21:54  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

I think luck is the biggest factor, here.

As a matter of fact, I was debating whether to write luck or not, for I suspected someone would most likely highlight it.

I don't think Lady Luck would ever favor a bunch of [mostly] atheistic Netherese, unless she sees some benefits in it.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36797 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2011 :  18:05:25  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, but the Lady Luck is ever-known for her fickleness.

Besides, it wouldn't require her actively giving someone good luck... Depending on which account you favor, Shade either slipped into Shadow the day before the Fall, minutes before Karsus cast his Ultimate Folly spell, or at the same time. I favor it happening the day before, myself... But either way, if Lord Shadow was planning this experiment before Karsus's moment of idiocy, then it was a fortuitous happenstance that Shade didn't fall. This could be viewed as luck, but it is likely more of a happy coincidence.

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2011 :  18:26:40  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Their survival had more to do with [quoting Brennus here] their Bitch Goddess than Lady Luck, luck, divination, or anything else.

Go to Top of Page

Icelander
Master of Realmslore

1864 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2011 :  18:30:55  Show Profile  Visit Icelander's Homepage Send Icelander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Besides, it wouldn't require her actively giving someone good luck... Depending on which account you favor, Shade either slipped into Shadow the day before the Fall, minutes before Karsus cast his Ultimate Folly spell, or at the same time. I favor it happening the day before, myself... But either way, if Lord Shadow was planning this experiment before Karsus's moment of idiocy, then it was a fortuitous happenstance that Shade didn't fall. This could be viewed as luck, but it is likely more of a happy coincidence.

Realms of Shadows has a short story where magic starts failing and Telemont and his wizards immediately use the Shadow Weave to shift Shade into the Plane of Shadows.

They had been working on the spells for it for quite some time, but were driven to use them by the emergency.

Za uspiekh nashevo beznadiozhnovo diela!

Forgotten Realms fans, please sign a petition to re-release the FR Interactive Atlas

Edited by - Icelander on 13 Nov 2011 18:31:25
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36797 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2011 :  20:40:30  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Icelander

quote:

Realms of Shadows has a short story where magic starts failing and Telemont and his wizards immediately use the Shadow Weave to shift Shade into the Plane of Shadows.

They had been working on the spells for it for quite some time, but were driven to use them by the emergency.

Page 81 of Lords of Darkness, however, states that preparations had begun days before Karsus cast his spell, and that the city of Shade skipped out the night before the Fall. On the same page, a few paragraphs before, it says that Shade was already in Shadow when Karsus screwed up.

So we have conflicting accounts of when Shade exited the building.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2011 :  02:13:57  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The conflicting sources of information may simply be attributed to the chaos of the Fall making eyewitnesses accounts somewhat less than accurate when it comes to perceiving the truth about the fate of Shade.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2011 :  03:01:47  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Indeed. Paul clarified that. [And Ed, if memory serves.]

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11808 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2011 :  00:10:24  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Portella

quote:

Back to flying cities ... were they all accounted for after Netheril's Fall?

I doubt anyone took a census or confirmed crash-sites for every single city off some great checklist. There were many hundreds or even thousands of flying cities in Netheril, it's not impossible for dozens of them to still remain unaccounted.

All of them or most can be found on the maps inside the netheril campaign setting with their location and crash sites.

Thousands? I'd have trouble believing that. Hell, I'd have trouble believing hundreds to tell the truth. I think that just might be stretching the power of the Netherese. I could maybe see 50'ish flying cities at most unless someone can provide some source material quoting more. I could see a lot of maybe flying personal towers with maybe a personal sky yacht or some aerial cavalry, but not a whole lot of cities.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11808 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2011 :  00:14:52  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Portella

I can count 14 enclaves during the golden age and there is eleven at the fall. Please see below the painfully put together list for everyone.

Netheril Enclaves

• +*Spiel

• +*Lachery

• +*Buoyance

• +*Karsus

• +*Opus

• +*Delia

• *Ioulaum

• +*Shade

• +*Palter

• +*Shadowtop Borough

• *doubloon

• +*Quaqmire

• +*Sanctuary

• +*Jockteleg

Legend: Golden Age *, At the fall +

Early birds

Tanathras

The floating city of
Tanathras, ruled by the archwizard Falious (NG hm W36), decided
to make an example of Dagger’s Point in 3212. The archwizard
planned to establish his city over Dagger’s Point as a summer
retreat location, but he wanted to clear out the evil that was
rampant in the city before doing so.
Unfortunately for Falious, Trothas was prepared for his
approach. As Tanathras began its journey to the Dagger’s Point,
Trothas’s “former students” (who were advising Falious as to
the best course of action to take to control Dagger’s Point) cast
a disintegrate spell at the city’s mythallar, plunging Tanathras
into the side of the Dagger Mountains. The students escaped via
contingency magic.

Sunrest

The first enclave fell in 2202, when the floating city of Sunrest
yielded to the effects of ill-planned spell research. The city hailed
the impending creation of a spell called the Sunrest sunshock
(which was an early attempt at an ultra-powerful meteor swarm
spell), but an accident occurred. The spell probably worked correctly,
especially when eyewitness accounts from the city of
Remembrance reported a blinding flash of light from the west, with
a deafening roar that followed a few minutes later. Those who
watched were horrified to see the whole enclave fall to the ground
into a heap of rubble and stone. No one survived the accident.

Missing from action

Doubloon

As the counterfeiting
and gem operations of Doubloon grew, so did the interest in
bring Tempera to justice. Karsus nearly trapped the city in 3417, but Doubloon simply disappeared as the two cities closed with
one another. It was widely believed that Tempera had discovered
a method for rendering the entire city invisible, although
many more believed that Karsus banished Doubloon and its
inhabitants to some fiendish demiplane that Shadow had discovered.
The truth remained unknown even after the fall of
Netheril.

Opus

The Fall and Beyond (3520+): It’s widely believed that the
city of Opus was spared the destruction of Netheril’s cities by
divining the effects of Karsus’s avatar spell and evacuating mere
moments before magic failed. The truth behind their salvation
was somewhat hazy, however, and other sources stated that the
goddess Selûne personally delivered them from destruction.

Shade

We know about that one.

Your's faithful
Portella

Don't forget Jiksidur, Larloch's enclave that crashed in Northern Narfell.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000