Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Campaign Journal Font
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2002 :  15:57:52  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I was browsing through the campaign journals, initially without having the Tolkien-font installed. Then I downloaded the font and continued reading. However in my opinion the readability of this font on the screen is not very good. Don't get me wrong, it is a very nice font when printed out on a piece of paper, yet on screen it gave me difficulty reading (and I have excellent vision)

Just my 2cp.

Edited by - Mumadar Ibn Huzal on 18 Oct 2002 16:00:06

Candlekeep Webmaster
Webmaster

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2002 :  11:25:58  Show Profile  Visit Candlekeep Webmaster's Homepage Send Candlekeep Webmaster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I totally agree Mumadar! Ive been waiting for someone to say that for years!!

I never liked the Tolkien font but it was insisted by one of the scribes that it looked good. But i find it quite unreadable. Nows my chance to get it changed! wooo hooo

Jay
Candlekeep Webmaster

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood

Edited by - Candlekeep Webmaster on 20 Oct 2002 11:26:16
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2002 :  13:32:37  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You're welcome!

I might have an addition to the Journals pages if I get backing of my players. I have asked them for approval to post (part) of the Twilight Dawn campaign journal (currently 350+ A4-sized pages long)

I'll let you know if and when I have their ok.
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2002 :  18:02:47  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I totally agree with you on this, the Tolkien font is hard on the eyes. The spacing between letters is too close and the lines are too thin. Maybe if it is bolded?

The solutions are (to my way of thinking) either a new font or a new background.

Just a bit off topic I know but Mumadar what exactly is a PBeM?

I assume it is electronic media (duh) but is it a board with posts like here or done by email?

Please forgive my ignorance as I am an old school table-top gamer.

Thanks

Artalis

Email

Edited by - Artalis on 13 Dec 2002 18:05:21
Go to Top of Page

Frey
Learned Scribe

130 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2002 :  19:07:41  Show Profile  Visit Frey's Homepage Send Frey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Artalis
Just a bit off topic I know but Mumadar what exactly is a PBeM?
I assume it is electronic media (duh) but is it a board with posts like here or done by email?
Please forgive my ignorance as I am an old school table-top gamer.

Forgiven!

There's (loads) more on PBeM on this board, Mumadar is quite keen on this subject and therefor I'm quite sure he'll post in this thread very soon

To answer your question, PBeM is a bit of both:
In our case there's a website on which members can post, somewhat like this forum, but there's only one thread.
One can, however, -and easily too- choose to recieve every message posted on that 'board', so you can receive the stuff on your POP3- or webmail. Replying will automatically send a message to the board (and thus to other member). I think most players play it through their mailbox (There were occasions (like hollidays and failing servers) where I used the board itself to post).

And as what playing PBeM looks like ... well have a look here and scroll down while reading.

IMHO PBeM is ... Great

- Imagine ... there's no imagination. -

(remember Frey is just a PC)
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2002 :  19:24:16  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you Frey your kindness and patience warm my heart. I think I beginning to understand.

Though I can only imagine how anxious one gets waiting for the next post. If the Candlekeep forums are any clue I might lose my mind waiting for someone to respond/act. Still something to think about.

Though I must confess I enjoy this interplay greatly. Especially with a certain few people.

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Frey
Learned Scribe

130 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2002 :  20:16:54  Show Profile  Visit Frey's Homepage Send Frey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Artalis
Thank you Frey your kindness and patience warm my heart. I think I beginning to understand.

Though I can only imagine how anxious one gets waiting for the next post. If the Candlekeep forums are any clue I might lose my mind waiting for someone to respond/act. Still something to think about.

Though I must confess I enjoy this interplay greatly. Especially with a certain few people.

Anxiety is indeed something to take in account. That part is the hardest as far as I'm concerned. Patience is a skill a player can gain during the play.

- Imagine ... there's no imagination. -

(remember Frey is just a PC)
Go to Top of Page

Candlekeep Webmaster
Webmaster

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2003 :  12:23:04  Show Profile  Visit Candlekeep Webmaster's Homepage Send Candlekeep Webmaster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Job done! All articles in the Campaign Logs section now use the Arial font and should be much easier to read.

Theres still an instruction on the pages to download the Tolkien font though, ill get that removed in time

Jay
Candlekeep Webmaster

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page