Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 New post alerts
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2002 :  11:11:42  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Is there a way to receive an e-mailo alert when a reply to one's post has been made? I'm also subscribed to another forum where this feature is enabled and I personally find it very usefull.

Maybe it has been discussed by the forum's founders and chosen not to use the option.

But if it is an open option, how about using it?

Candlekeep Webmaster
Webmaster

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2002 :  12:48:02  Show Profile  Visit Candlekeep Webmaster's Homepage Send Candlekeep Webmaster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There may be such a feature, ill have it checked out. There are also a few other email-type features such as notifying members when theyre topics have been moved etc. However, we are having problems configuring our SMTP mail server so have disabled all email facilities.

Hopefully we will have it all working soon and get make use of such tools as these to make life simpler.

Jay
Candlekeep Webmaster

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2002 :  12:54:58  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the quick reply Guess in the mean time I'll have to check the site more often
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2003 :  18:00:34  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
<Dusting of some shelves with old scrolls>

Hey, what's this... hmm some old scroll of mine...

quote:
Originally posted by Candlekeep Webmaster

There may be such a feature, ill have it checked out. There are also a few other email-type features such as notifying members when theyre topics have been moved etc. However, we are having problems configuring our SMTP mail server so have disabled all email facilities.

Hopefully we will have it all working soon and get make use of such tools as these to make life simpler.

I wonder if there's any news on this...

<...looks around for Alaundo or Tethoril>
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2003 :  18:36:07  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have some experience with email servers, and I have extensive contacts among email administrators. If you like I would be willing to lend a hand in whatever way I can.

I agree with Mumadar that getting an email notification when certain topics are posted to or someone uses the "reply to this post" that function would be great.

Just trying to be helpful,

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Candlekeep Webmaster
Webmaster

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2003 :  22:03:01  Show Profile  Visit Candlekeep Webmaster's Homepage Send Candlekeep Webmaster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi all

I agree that this option would be very useful, enabling email functions will open up several extra features. However due to the server configuration, it is quite complex and the SMTP just will not cooperate

But to answer your question Mumadar, no progress has been made on this. I do have a couple of things to try out though so now youve reminded me of the task ill see what I can do.

...and I thought id be in for a relaxing weekend! ::sigh::

Jay
Candlekeep Webmaster

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2003 :  00:16:41  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Remember my skills and the skills of my colleagues are at your disposal, should you decide that you would like a hand....

Geoff
Helpdesk Systems Administrator at a "really big company"

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2003 :  09:31:33  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No hurry necessary. Just wanted to check if the topic was still active.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000