Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Epic 6th Campaign
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4430 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2014 :  21:39:58  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote

• PSION
    PSYCHIC EMPOWERMENT [PSION CAPSTONE]
    Benefit:
    You gain an additional 5 power points per day. In addition, you know two more powers up to 3rd level.

• VETERAN PSION [CAPSTONE]
    Benefit:
    Your considered a 10th level Psion for effects and abilities related to our psicrystal. In addition, you may choose one Psionic feat.

EPIC PSION [CAPSTONE]
    Benefit:
    The maximum power level of psionic powers you know increases to 4th. You also gain 1 additional power known. When you manifest a 4th level psionic power, you must spend 7 points in doing so.

• PSYCHIC WARRIOR
    KINETIC COMMANDO [PSYCHIC WARRIOR CAPSTONE]
    Benefit:
    Your base attack bonus increases to +6, granting you an extra attack when you take make a full-attack action. Additionally, gain 5 more power points.

• VETERAN PSYCHIC WARRIOR [CAPSTONE]
    Benefit:
    You may add your Wisdom modifier to any damage roll you make with a weapon or psychic warrior power attack.

EPIC PSYCHIC WARRIOR [CAPSTONE]
    Benefit:
    The maximum power level you know increases to 3rd. Additionally, you know one additional power.

• SOULKNIFE
    CEREBRIAL BLADEMASTER [SOULKNIFE CAPSTONE]
    Benefit:
    Your psychic strike feature increases to +2d8.

• VETERAN SOULKNIFE [CAPSTONE]
    Benefit:
    You can imbue your mind blade with a +2 enhancement bonus or with a special magical ability, so long as the ability does not exceed a +1 enhancement bonus.

EPIC SOULKNIFE [CAPSTONE]
    Benefit:
    You can invoke the Bladewind ability.

• WILDER
    RISING TEMPEST [WILDER CAPSTONE]
    Benefit:
    Your wild surge ability increases to +3. Additionally, gain 5 more power points.

• VETERAN WILDER [WILDER CAPSTONE]
    Benefit:
    You may choose an additional power. Also, when you’re overcome with psychic enervation the effects only last until the start of your next turn and you do not lose any power points.

EPIC WILDER [WILDER CAPSTONE]
    Benefit:
    The maximum power you know increases to 4th. Additionally, you gain an additional power known. When you manifest a 4th level psionic power, you must spend 7 points in doing so.

Edited by - Diffan on 17 Dec 2014 14:07:33
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4430 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2014 :  00:21:59  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sirzithor

quote:
Originally posted by Diffan

VETERAN WARBLADE [CAPSTONE]
Benefit: From now on, you qualify for feats with a requirement of Fighter level 8, and with a Base Attack Bonus requirement of up to +8. In addition, select a feat for which you meet the requirements for.

I had a question about this capstone (and the Fighter one that is the same). My friends and I had an argument about it. We have two schools of thought on what this feat was intended to be. Could someone help clarify?

Option A:
Benefit: From now on, you qualify for feats with a requirement of Fighter level 8, and with a Base Attack Bonus requirement of up to +8. In addition, select a feat you don't currently meet the requirements for. You are now considered to meet the requirements of that feat and may take it normally when you are able to take a feat.

Option B:
Benefit: From now on, you qualify for feats with a requirement of Fighter level 8, and with a Base Attack Bonus requirement of up to +8. In addition, select a feat that you meet the requirements for. You may include the previous benefit when selecting this feat. You gain the benefits of that feat in addition to this feat.

Any assistance clearing this up would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I was going over my notes and apparently I changed up this feat to something else. Here's what I got that was a little less confusing yet still pretty decent and fits in-line more with what I envision a higher powered Warblade to do:

Benefit:
You gain the Battle Skill (opposed checks) class feature.

This would replace the feature that allows you to pilfer BAB +8 required feats (something of a Fighter-only feature, to be honest).
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4430 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2014 :  00:27:40  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also found this in my files for E6. Not sure when I did the conversion but it looks like a fun prestige feat chain:

• SHADOWBANE INQUISITOR
    Radiant Inquisitor [Prestige, Entry]
    Prerequisite:
    Character level 6th; Gather Information 4 ranks, Knowledge (religion) 2 ranks, Sense Motive 8 ranks; Power Attack feat; must have detect evil as a class feature or the ability to cast it as a divine spell, turn undead class feature, sneak attack feature
    Benefit: You can spend one use of your turn undead ability to shed holy radiance. This light brightly illuminates an area in a radius of 20-ft. plus 5 feet for each additional prestige feat you obtain. This light is centered on you and sheds no shadowy illumination beyond its border. This light lasts for 10 minutes for each prestige feat you have.

• Sacred Stealth [Prestige]
    Prerequisite:
    Radiant Inquisitor feat
    Benefit: You can channel your ability to turn undead to become stealthier. To do this spend two uses of your turn undead ability to gain a +4 sacred bonus to your Hide and Move Silently checks for a number of minutes equal to your Charisma bonus (if any). If you obtain four prestige feats, this bonus increases to +8.

Inquisitors Wrath [Prestige]
    Prerequisite:
    Radiant Inquisitor feat
    Benefit: Increase the damage you deal with your sneak attack feature by an additional +1d6. In addition, the strictures of your smite ability are relaxed. From this point on you rely on your own judgment when determining what creatures to use your smite feature against and the amount of damage you deal is equal to your total character level plus 1 for each prestige feat you have.

Merciless Purity [Prestige]
    Prerequisite:
    Radiant Inquisitor feat
    Benefit: Upon the death of a creature you deem corrupt, you gain a +1 sacred bonus to your Fortitude and Reflex saves for a 24-hours. You designate a creature as corrupt by using your Smite ability as part of a melee attack against that creature. You can only benefit from this ability once per day. When you obtain four Prestige feats, this bonus increases to +2.

Righteous Fervor [Prestige]
    Prerequisite:
    Radiant Inquisitor, Inquisitors Wrath, 5 or more Epic feats
    Benefit: When you designate a creature as corrupt, you gain a +1 sacred bonus to attack and damage rolls against that creature for the rest of the encounter. You designate a creature as corrupt by using your Smite ability as part of a melee attack against that creature. This bonus only applies to subsequent attacks, not to the initial smite attempt. Once you obtain four Prestige feats, this bonus increases to +2

Burning Light [Prestige]
    Prerequisite:
    Radiant Inquisitor, 10 or more Epic feats
    Benefit: You can spend a use of your turn undead feature, as a standard action, to deal damage to creatures around you. To do this you must have the ability from Radiant Inquisitor active. All creatures within the illuminated area (except you) take 4d6 points of damage. This damage results directly from divine power and is not subject to energy resistance.

Edited by - Diffan on 17 Dec 2014 04:23:18
Go to Top of Page

sirzithor
Acolyte

Canada
8 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2014 :  09:09:36  Show Profile Send sirzithor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I was going over my notes and apparently I changed up this feat to something else. Here's what I got that was a little less confusing yet still pretty decent and fits in-line more with what I envision a higher powered Warblade to do:

Benefit:

This would replace the feature that allows you to pilfer BAB +8 required feats (something of a Fighter-only feature, to be honest).

For the VETERAN WARBLADE [CAPSTONE] feat, I think I prefer what you had posted before. Warblades to have a feature that lets them qualify for Fighter-only feats as a Fighter of their level - 2. You also gave this to Warblades as the second capstone, but Fighters get it as their first, which made sense as a level - 2 equivalent.

For the psionic capstones, love them!

The only thing I would suggest as a clarification of them is how the Psion or Wilder would manifest the 4th level powers that they may learn. With psionics, powers have a PP cost based on the level of the power, but you can only spend a maximum of your manifester level on any given power. So 4th level powers would normally cost 7 PP, but as a 6th level manifester, you can only spend 6 PP on any given power. You could either say that 4th level powers only cost the character 6 PP instead of 7 PP, or allow that the character can spend 7 PP to manifest 4th level powers only or something.

The Shadowbane Inquisitor also looks very cool. Seems like a very good reason to multiclass. So far all the capstone options strongly encourage a single-class character. Even most of the prestige feat chains could be entered as a single-classed character. So that one seems really interesting.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4430 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2014 :  13:14:19  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Benefit:

For the VETERAN WARBLADE [CAPSTONE] feat, I think I prefer what you had posted before. Warblades to have a feature that lets them qualify for Fighter-only feats as a Fighter of their level - 2. You also gave this to Warblades as the second capstone, but Fighters get it as their first, which made sense as a level - 2 equivalent.

True, however I felt that Fighter alone qualifying for those feats made them feel more unique. But there's no reason someone can't have options going that far into the class. The selection of either seems good though.

quote:

For the psionic capstones, love them!

The only thing I would suggest as a clarification of them is how the Psion or Wilder would manifest the 4th level powers that they may learn. With psionics, powers have a PP cost based on the level of the power, but you can only spend a maximum of your manifester level on any given power. So 4th level powers would normally cost 7 PP, but as a 6th level manifester, you can only spend 6 PP on any given power. You could either say that 4th level powers only cost the character 6 PP instead of 7 PP, or allow that the character can spend 7 PP to manifest 4th level powers only or something.

Hm, hadn't realized that. I think I'll just have them spend 7 PP despite only being 6th level manifester.

quote:

The Shadowbane Inquisitor also looks very cool. Seems like a very good reason to multiclass. So far all the capstone options strongly encourage a single-class character. Even most of the prestige feat chains could be entered as a single-classed character. So that one seems really interesting.

Agreed. The actual Prestige Class is very "meh" if it's being used with the normal v3.5 system but used this way, it makes playing a Paladin/Rogue a really great option. There are quite a few others like the Arcane Archer and Eldritch Knight that do a great job of blending Fighter and Arcane classes.
Go to Top of Page

sirzithor
Acolyte

Canada
8 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2014 :  05:18:05  Show Profile Send sirzithor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Diffan,

We had a great session last week, my E6 wizard had to read one of his own Explosive Runes that he had prepared in order to destroy an astral silver cord holding a powerful demon. The wizard went to -7 hp for the epic win! While we were playing, I mentioned to my friends about the psionic capstones. They love them too! One of my gaming buddies is going to make up an E6 Scout (from the Complete Adventurer). Is there any chance of you coming up with some capstones for the Scout? (and possibly the Ninja and Spellthief too?)

Anyway, still loving E6 and hope you are too! Thanks again!
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4430 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2014 :  07:34:10  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hey Diffan,

We had a great session last week, my E6 wizard had to read one of his own Explosive Runes that he had prepared in order to destroy an astral silver cord holding a powerful demon. The wizard went to -7 hp for the epic win! While we were playing, I mentioned to my friends about the psionic capstones. They love them too!

Awesome. I'm glad you guys liked them. As your wizard gets higher, you'll be able to grab the metamagic feats that are reduced in cost and you'll be quickening 1st level spells. Also, if you want you can PM me on how to make Explosive Runes into a thrown bomb.

quote:

One of my gaming buddies is going to make up an E6 Scout (from the Complete Adventurer). Is there any chance of you coming up with some capstones for the Scout? (and possibly the Ninja and Spellthief too?)

Anyway, still loving E6 and hope you are too! Thanks again!

If you check the 1st page of this thread you'll see I already did Capstone Feats for the Scout and Ninja. I'll have to look at the spell thief but I doubt it would be hard.
Go to Top of Page

sirzithor
Acolyte

Canada
8 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2014 :  08:02:46  Show Profile Send sirzithor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oops, there it is on the first page. I thought he'd already looked at the page before he asked me about it. Sorry.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000